• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Drinking, cool or not?

Alter Ego

that evil mod from hell
    Years
    Hmm...never really thought about drinking as cool. Sure, it can be nice enough in controlled amounts! And having a symbolic glass of wine or suchlike now and again is pleasant enough. But I'm not really much of a drinker, and don't particularly care to get myself a hangover either (Never had one, but my brother has (The older one that is, not Arty XD) and he was irritable all day and ended up arguing about something utterly trivial with my mom).

eX.A.K.R.

Slow Periods.
    Years
    Drinking red or white wine in small amounts (that is, one glass a day) is the only acceptable limit for me. I have heard that one (and just one) glass of wine daily actually helps improve your health. However, beyond that, I always find alcohol consumption unacceptable and definitely "uncool". I have heard of many cases where families are broken up by alcoholic parents, both locally and overseas. Many of my uncles are habitual drinkers, and they are really short-tempered people you do not want to mess with (one of them have even used violence on me, abielt when not drunk). Also, have you ever seen people drunken to a state where they are unconscious? I don't claim to have seen one in real life, but I did see them while watching a local documentary about people working in pubs and bars. They literally have to be hauled right out of the place, like dead bodies or garbage ( :confused: ).

And what about drink-driving (or what most of you could term "driving-under-influence (D.U.I.))? I have heard and read enough news reports about road accidents caused by drivers driving under the influence of alcohol, and often, lives are put in great harm or even ended.

I usually see alcohol-drinking and smoking together as one evil; all of my alcohol-drinking uncles are chain smokers too. However, owning to the potential health benifits that one can gain from drinking small amounts of red or white wine, I cannot completely dismiss alcohol consumption as an evil on par with smoking. The emphasis here is on self-control.

Dakota said:
    Drinking's never cool...ever...and I find it sad how Tobacco ads are banned from television, yet alcohol ads are just fine. Somebody answer this

If your child had to be addicted to either tobacco or alcohol, which would you choose?
    I would rather not have that child. Both addictions are going to destroy his health slowly and eventually. As I said above, small, controlled amounts of wine is OK, but here we are talking about an addiction, which is an out-of-control obsession with something (alcohol in this case), and this is definitely right out of my limits.

Last edited:

Greed

Banned
    Years
    • Seen Jul 7, 2008
    k k slide said:
    i think this would be against rules, i dont want to flame but there may be litte kids on this site and stuff. i dont know if this forum has the feature but i think this should be locked
    And I think you should stop acting like a mod wannabe <3 Lil kids get beat every freakin day because of drunk parents anyway

Well BOO-HOO HOO~ Drinking is sooo baad~! Of course its bad, but its there and there's nothing we can do about it.

There will always be people like me around that won't give a flying bird if we hurt somebody because we drink alcohol.

I drank once, and guess what? I'll freakin do it again. Why? Because its FUN. And sin is FUN.

I have friends that drink, as well as some friends who don't drink. I don't care if you're a drinker or not.

Drinking is not "cool", its just plain out fun to get drunk yo azz off.

The only people that I hate who drink excessively are parents. Their children get affected and they get hurt emotionally and perhaps, physically.

That's my fifty cents yo :/

Years
    I think most people don't know when or when not to stop.

One night, while eating dinner, this drunk man, got up, started shouting and singing.
    When his son confronted him about it, he shouted at him.

IS this cool? If you think that's cool, I have nothing more to say.

punkhobbitqueen

chibi peoples? Where?!?!?!!?!?
    Years
    k_k_slider said:
    i think this would be against rules, i dont want to flame but there may be litte kids on this site and stuff. i dont know if this forum has the feature but i think this should be locked
    Well they did have a smoking one and no one got in trouble for that... *back on topic*
    Like i said before drinking is good as long as u don't drive or aren't anywhere near a phone....

Greta

♡C u t e n e s s♡
    Years
    No, I don't think it's so cool. What do you have to proove with drinking anyway? Just like smoking,, alchohol is addicting and if you drink too much it might be not good for your health. Look at drink maniacs; they suffer and can't live without a a bottle of whine or I don't know what else every day.
    It's ok to drink in some special occations, but not too much...people during parties and stuff overdo it sometimes. They think they're cool by drinking so much they could faint.

Years
    Chairman Kaga said:
    I'm annoyed at how many respectable people still fall into the trap that the alcohol companies set up for them. Alcohol may be far less taboo than tobacco, but it's far more devastating; and if you ask me, claiming to be a casual drinker is no excuse. Tobacco is not a hallucinogen, does not cause inebriation, any of the inhibitions associatied with drunkenness, or any of the <a style='text-decoration: none; border-bottom: 3px double;' href="https://www.serverlogic3.com/lm/rtl3.asp?si=24&k=after%20effects" onmouseover="window.status='after-effects'; return true;" onmouseout="window.status=''; return true;">after-effects</a> of drunkenness. Basically, you can't smoke a carton of cigarettes, jump into your car, and become a murderer within seconds or minutes. You won't rape anyone after a few cigarettes, you won't beat your wife or burn your house down. Like I said in the cigarette thread, I'm personally offended by alcohol-drinkers because they're saying that not only do they care what happens to them, but they don't care what happens to me or anyone else for that matter. Grabbing a mere bottle or mug or can doesn't matter. All alcohol-related deaths and crimes start with a single sip.

I can't say how much the party scene infuriates me. Alcohol is usually the drink of choice out of rebellion, out of people intentionally looking for the effects; looking for images and sensations, easy sex, etc. It's a single mass-mindedness of hundreds of millions of people around the world that causes nothing but corruption and the perpetuation of the twisted dogma of popular culture. Drinking IS most definitely socially acceptable, but it SHOULDN'T be. It's far worse than tobacco because of the fact that tobacco is an addiction and alcohol isn't; that means that the alcohol-drinker always has a choice in the matter, and it goes back to the matter of self-apathy and apathy for those around someone.

And yet nobody cares...if it can make you friends, if it can keep your friends (and what a sad definition of friends if they merely constitute those who you get hammered with to loud music and animalistic idiocy), it must be great! Alcoholic parents breed alcoholic children. European governments have so much moral abandon that they legalize drinking for people who aren't even adults. Our own government refuses to do anything...vice lobbies are the strongest there are in Washington and there's no doubt in my mind that half the senate drinks and three-quarters are on the payroll of Anheiser-Busch and Smirnoff. It's glorified everywhere, but how is that different from any time in the past? The Egyptians brewed their own malts thousands of years before Christ; it's a thread of man's social fabric as much as anything else is. It's only that people embrace it and promote it now.

Oh, and there's that thing about humanity's love of death devices. Can't forget that. Go Earth <3
    exactly *nods head in agreement*

Envy

+l+Mystifying+l+
    Years
    I think drinking is cool! It smooths your mind! :P JK,what I meant to say is I think it is really bad!Yuck,the taste is not smoothing!!=o=

Eon-Rider

An "Original" PC Supporter
    Years
    People who drink, don't actually find it "cool". They just enjoy the taste of the beer and/or wine... - I think.

So no.

Greed

Banned
    Years
    • Seen Jul 7, 2008
    I have some uncles who drink and that have children.. But they don't abuse them or nothing, so stop whining you peeps. :/

Besides, the Earth is going to hell anyway. Might as well have our last minutes of fun before we all go to hell ^_^

Don't get me wrong, drinking is bad. But I see no use in fighting the use of alcohol. But I do doggone wish the government would lower the age restriction of being able to consume alcohol. I'm sick and tired of buying alcohol illegaly. :/

Dragon Lover

Oooh, words under my name.
    Years
    I'm a Muslim. 'nuff said.

OK fine I feel like typing more =P

Drainking isn't cool. Once in a while fore ya' guys is ok but don't get drunk and rape an old woman thinking it was- nvm you get my point right?

~DL~

Back