• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Dual types you consider blasphemy in Pokemon

WingedDragon

Competitive Trainer
Years
  • Are there pokemon that make you go DD: or any types not created yet that would make you lose your mind and be blasphemy to our savior Arceus.

I would have to personally if there was a Dragon/Fairy type I would lose my freaking mind. There is nothing beastly about a dragon with fairy attributes.

Hinokage

Ghost Pokemon Trainer
    Years
  • Nothing beastly about a dragon with fairy attributes? Tell that to Yugioh. In all seriousness though a Pokemon that was Ghost/Normal would make me lose my Farfetch'd mind.

Raikou

bolt-action thunder
    Years
    • NY
    • Seen Nov 12, 2015
    I'm gonna be outright honest and say that grass/water types absolute irk me. I just... Why would you do that.

And then there's Stunfisk. :I

JP

wut?
    Years
    • Age 33
    • USA
    • Seen Dec 13, 2019
    I don't think there are any type combinations that bother or irk me much. I'm always open to new ones! Would love a cool new Ghost one (maybe that upcoming Psychic/Ghost ;) )

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    I strongly dislike Tyraunt and Tyrantrum's type combination, rock/dragon. This makes them super-effective against ice, dragon, ground, steel, fairy, grass, and fighting—a total of seven types. That, if you ask me, is a lot. And when it comes to competitive battling, these are one of the most common Pokémon types—making them assure that they don't last very long. d: I don't like the combination of dark and dragon, either, as it has four-time weakness to fairy. I'd imagine fairy-types to be very popular and used quite often, since they're new and all.

Last edited:
    Years
  • I strongly dislike Tyraunt and Tyrantrum's type combination, rock/dragon. This makes them super-effective to ice, dragon, ground, steel, fairy, grass, and fighting—a total of seven types. That, if you ask me, is a lot. And when it comes to competitive battling, these are one of the most common Pokémon types—making them assure that they don't last very long. d: I don't like the combination of dark and dragon either, as it has four-time weakness to fairy. I'd imagine fairy-types to be very popular and used quite often, since they're new and all.

Dragon-type isn't weak to Grass so Tyrunt line takes neutral damage from Grass. Same with Water.

But still, I tend to not use a Pokemon on my team if it has a type combination that grants it a heavy load of weaknesses, or any 4x weaknesses in general. Even though I've loved the Amaura line's design, its Rock/Ice-type basically means it'll never find a spot on my team due to all those weaknesses.

And, Grass/Dark is now in the ranks of Grass/Psychic and Grass/Ice as one of the type combinations that can have 7 weaknesses, now that it is confirmed Fairy is strong against Dark.

Azire

Mr. Premier Ball
    Years
    • Seen Dec 25, 2016
    Anything with Ice that destroys it's ability to be effective. Ice is completely underpowered and it's only real purpose was killing Dragons. Now with Fairies that purpose is gone and Fairy is just overall a better type to be than Ice. My favorite type is all but dead.

WHY DOESN'T ICE RESIST FAIRY!?

Years
    • Seen May 9, 2024
    As much as I really want it to happen, a grass/fire type Pokémon gets my vote.

Starlight Sprite

Resident Moon Fairy
    Years
  • I like to keep an open mind about new type combinations, even if some are kind of odd. Gligar and Landorus are Ground/Flying, which doesn't exactly make sense. Flygon is also esentially this thanks to Levitate. I can understand how they can embody both types. It's just kind of funny to say.

Fire/Poison, which hasn't been done yet even though I made up a couple of fakemon with this type, could lead to some problems. Immunity to burns as well as poison is kind of cheap, but I suppose the 4x weakness to Ground would make up for that. Either of these types with Electric or Ice also results in a double status immunity before counting abilities. Freeze is hard to reliably pull off, so the only official Pokemon as of yet with this (that comes to my mind anyway) is Heat Rotom.

Years
    • Age 31
    • USA
    • Seen Mar 30, 2024
    I want to see all type combinations at some point.

And no Dragon/Fairy? I think it's blasphemous that you don't want a Dragon/Fairy Mega Dunsparce!

Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Aug 21, 2021
    The world is a strange place, it wouldn't shock me to discover there were real world influences to unorthodox type combinations.

Personally I'd rather put my energy into trying to appreciate the pokemon and learning why it was designed the way that it was rather than going crazy. That said there isn't a type combination I can think of that would bother me. Bring it on.

Years
    • Seen Nov 14, 2013
    logic of pokemon can be base logic on earth animals

stunfisk can be Relate to the electric eel from earth lol

there animal on earth they can live on land and water

there many way how pokemon can have 2 different type. you just need to figure out the weakness

Years
    • Seen May 28, 2019
    I wonder how they could make a Fire/Water type.
    Clauncher. :/

Based on an actual marine animal (pistol shrimp) that catches their prey by shooting a 60 mles per hour steaming bubble that is over 4,700 °C. How they dropped the ball with that one? I don't know. It was the perfect Pokemon to be Water/Fire. I always wanted a water/fire type that avoids the obvious and goes with a boiling water theme or something similar and the pistol shrimp was the perfect representation, and I was excited seeing Clauncher...not so much it being pure water.

Back