• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Dynamax & Max Raid Battles [Essentials v18.1]

Years
    • Seen yesterday
    Ok first of all, can you please put that enormous error list in a spoiler tag or something? Its a pain for people to scroll through.

Second of all, it was unnecessary to even post it, because no way am i going to actually read through all that.

And thirdly, your issue is that you just didnt properly install the script. The main error youre getting has to do with PokeBattle_Scene. For whatever reason, a TON of people seem to overlook this part of the installation, because every time someone posts an error, its the same one. You did not install something that belongs in that section, so please go back and try again. The Dynamax script has been thoroughly tested with 17.2 and is fully compatible, so the ONLY reason why you would be getting errors is because you didnt do something correctly, or have other scripts that are somehow clashing with it.

Years
    • Seen Nov 20, 2023
    I wonder if you can not only make the Dynamax larger,but also cover it with light red color and add some red cloud over it,just like gamefreak did .
    By the way,can you please offer an approximate time? I can hardly wait to use this wonderful work.

Years
    • Seen May 23, 2024
    I wonder if you can not only make the Dynamax larger,but also cover it with light red color and add some red cloud over it,just like gamefreak did .
    By the way,can you please offer an approximate time? I can hardly wait to use this wonderful work.
    I contacted the creator on Discord and he said he'll upload it in the month of WhenItsActuallyDone-cember.

Years
    • Seen yesterday

I probably wouldnt want to make Dynamax Pokemon any larger. The enlarged sprites are buggy enough as it is, and even at their current size many species sprites go off screen because of their size. There simply isnt enough screen real estate to make them large enough in a way that actually looks good.

With that said, I havent even started working on that portion of the script yet, so perhaps ill stumble on a better way to do it.

As far as the redness/clouds, ill look into that. If its not too difficult, ill try to incorporate something like that.

I really have no idea on a time frame. It isnt like this is a job with a set schedule, its something i get to at my leisure. Also, im not even sure how much work is really left to do. I often get to a point where I think im close to done, only to realize a fatal flaw that requires several days worth of work on its own just to correct. Plus sometimes I come up with a brand new idea and go off on a tangent working on that. For instance, I just recently finished an entirely brand new add-on script im calling the "Max Raid Database" (not delving into what that is yet) which wasnt really necessary for me to make, but I just had the creative inspiration to work on at the moment. So that sidetracked me from the main project by about two weeks.

Basically, my point is - I have no idea how to judge when this will be done. Itll be done when I feel its ready. I will say, however, that I would be really surprised if I wrapped up everything I wanted to do before the end of the year.

Years
    • Seen yesterday
    Can u make a scripts support with EBS/EBDX??

Definitely wont be supporting EBS, but I would love to support EBDX if possible. But I feel like itll probably be hard to do if im having trouble getting the battle scene properties working with just the base Essentials 18. Might be above my skill level.

DarrylBD99

Content Creator and Game Developer
    Years
    Definitely wont be supporting EBS, but I would love to support EBDX if possible. But I feel like itll probably be hard to do if im having trouble getting the battle scene properties working with just the base Essentials 18. Might be above my skill level.

Just wait till EBDX arrives first, then maybe you can see if there is any interference between them. Afterwards, you can worry about the animations.

Years
    • Seen yesterday
    Update for Essentials v18.1
    Phew, finally. This Dynamax & Max Raid script is now compatible with Pokemon Essentials v18.1!
    In addition to general compatibility updates, I've gone through the script and polished up and improved upon it in a variety of ways and added in a slew of features that I always wanted to get to, but couldn't be bothered with before. I've massively reworked how many areas of the script work to take advantage of some of v18's new features, so as a consequence this will not be compatible with older versions of Essentials. However, I've kept all the original v17.2 scripts in tact, and stored them separately in the download link for those who are still using Essentials v17.

But please keep in mind, I will no longer be supporting v17.2 scripts. They will remain as they are, glitches and all. So do not ask for help with those older scripts, as I won't be looking at them again moving forward.

Because of the move from v17 to v18, some of the older scripts that I designed Dynamax to be compatible with (Z-Moves, Ultra Burst, etc) are no longer compatible, since those scripts have not been updated to work with v18 as of yet. However, I have left placeholders for future compatibility with those scripts when they are eventually ported to v18, so compatibility will hopefully be possible as long as they aren't dramatically different than their v17 counterparts. I've also tried to ensure that Dynamax is compatible with the Gen 8 project; and as of yet I haven't experienced any compatibility issues. This script assumes any Gen 8 content installed uses the same format as the Gen 8 project does (items, form numbers, etc), so keep that in mind.

Change Log:
    Spoiler:

Updated: Dynamax Visuals
    Spoiler:

Updated: NPC Dynamax
    Spoiler:

Updated: Max Raid Dens
    Spoiler:

New: Max Raid Database
    Spoiler:

Here are a few videos to show off some of the new changes:
    3v1 Legendary Raid vs. Mewtwo
    Max Raid Database Demo

* The main post has been updated for installation.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Nov 24, 2023
    Is there a test map? Cause I really run into a few issues. Everything seem to be installed fine, but I just can't trigger any raid battle or have a trainer use his TrainerAce Pokemon.

Years
    • Seen yesterday
    Is there a test map? Cause I really run into a few issues. Everything seem to be installed fine, but I just can't trigger any raid battle or have a trainer use his TrainerAce Pokemon.

Make sure you are on a Dynamax-capable map. These maps are found in the POWERSPOTS array in the settings. You can add any map id's you want there to allow for Dynamaxing on that map.

You can also set DMAX_ANYMAP to "true" to allow Dynamax to work anywhere.

CAN_DMAX_WILD allows you to initiate Dynamax in wild battles, too.

Also make sure you have a Dynamax Band in your inventory.

Alternatively, holding the CTRL key while opening the fight menu in Debug mode will allow Dynamax regardless of any of the above.

Years
    • Seen Nov 24, 2023
    Okay it works now. There is one more thing. My Dynamaxed mons seems to stick in their Dynamaxed form after completing a battle. Especially against a final Pokemon. The only way they seem to turn back is when I switch out to a different Pokemon but decline to instead. Is this known?

Years
    • Seen yesterday
    Okay it works now. There is one more thing. My Dynamaxed mons seems to stick in their Dynamaxed form after completing a battle. Especially against a final Pokemon. The only way they seem to turn back is when I switch out to a different Pokemon but decline to instead. Is this known?

Sounds like you skipped a step somewhere in the Additional Installations. This isn't an issue ive ever encountered.

Years
    • Seen yesterday
    Not sure which one in that case then. I am sure I have added everything.

Do you have any custom script edits? Its likely you have something that might be overriding things, then. I designed this to work with a fresh copy of Essentials v18.1, and i know it works there because ive been bug testing it for like a month straight lol

Years
    • Seen yesterday
    I assume I need to look to possible changes in returning form or something?

Theres a whole section in the core script that is related just to reverting the effects of Dynamax.

pbDynamaxTimer reverts Dynamax after its turns expire.

pbRecallAndReplace reverts Dynamax upon switching.

The alias for pbEndOfBattle reverts Dynamax at the end of battle.

The alias for pbFaintBattler reverts Dynamax upon fainting.

Years
    • Seen Apr 19, 2021
    thank you ludicious for your hard work i tested it and it was perfect dynamax and mega evolution seem to work perfectly and sorry for before

Back