• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Dynamax & Max Raid Battles [Essentials v18.1]

Years
    • Seen May 5, 2022
    I am adding your dynamax script and it worked well then I updated it for Max raids but I am getting this error please help

---------------------------
    Pokemon Essentsials
    [Pokémon Essentials version 17.1]Exception: ArgumentErrorMessage: wrong number of arguments(9 for 8)PokeBattle_Battler:3696:in `pbProcessMoveAgainstTarget'PokeBattle_Battler:3696:in `pbUseMove'PokeBattle_Battler:3676:in `loop'PokeBattle_Battler:3699:in `pbUseMove'PokeBattle_Battler:3899:in `pbProcessTurn'PokeBattle_Battler:3898:in `logonerr'PokeBattle_Battler:3898:in `pbProcessTurn'DMax_Main:950:in `pbAttackPhase'DMax_Main:936:in `each'DMax_Main:936:in `pbAttackPhase'This exception was logged in C:\Users\user\Saved Games\Pokemon Essentsials\errorlog.txt.Press Ctrl+C to copy this message to the clipboard.
    OK

Years
    • Seen today
    I am adding your dynamax script and it worked well then I updated it for Max raids but I am getting this error please help

Pokemon Essentsials
    [Pokémon Essentials version 17.1]Exception: ArgumentErrorMessage: wrong number of arguments(9 for 8)PokeBattle_Battler:3696:in `pbProcessMoveAgainstTarget'PokeBattle_Battler:3696:in `pbUseMove'PokeBattle_Battler:3676:in `loop'PokeBattle_Battler:3699:in `pbUseMove'PokeBattle_Battler:3899:in `pbProcessTurn'PokeBattle_Battler:3898:in `logonerr'PokeBattle_Battler:3898:in `pbProcessTurn'DMax_Main:950:in `pbAttackPhase'DMax_Main:936:in `each'DMax_Main:936:in `pbAttackPhase'This exception was logged in C:\Users\user\Saved Games\Pokemon Essentsials\errorlog.txt.Press Ctrl+C to copy this message to the clipboard.
    OK

You seem to have custom edits to your game, so there's not much I can do to help without knowing what you did. The error is pointing to lines 3696 and up in PokeBattle_Battler, but that section in default Essentials doesn't even go up that high, so you clearly have personalized things that are causing problems.

Years
    • Seen today
    You are a genious. All works in the right way!

I don't know, but i think that you made all the functions of the dinamax (wild battle, raids, trainer fights)...

This is perfect.

Thanks, glad it works. I try to make things as comprehensive and complete as possible, so if anyone sees any element related to Dynamax that is missing here, let me know so I can add it in. I think I will eventually want to add double battles to raids (big maybe), but I probably won't even bother thinking about it until Essentials v18 comes out, since it seems to be adding ways to do 2 on 1 battles (and more). That way I can just update the script for compatibility at the same time. Ideally I would also like to find a way to make this work with Luka's EBS, but I'm not really motivated to work on that right now.

Years
    • Seen May 5, 2022
    According to golisopod user i Just fix pbProcessMoveAgainstTarge (3696) and dynamax is working but when I run from battle it gives me another error

Error
    Script '[DMax_Battle]' line 1580: NoMethodError occurred.

undefined method `dispose' for nil:NilClass

from 'DMax_Battle' line 1580 in `dispose'
    from 'SpriteWindow' line 497 in `pbDisposeSprite'
    from 'SpriteWindow' line 486 in `pbDisposeSpriteHash'
    from 'SpriteWindow' line 485 in `each'
    from 'SpriteWindow' line 485 in `pbDisposeSpriteHash'
    from 'PokeBattle_Scene' line 1568 in `pbDisposeSprites'
    from 'PokeBattle_Scene' line 2105 in `follow_pbEndBattle'
    from 'Following Pokemon' line 1671 in `pbEndBattle'
    from 'Birthsigns_Effects' line 3156 in `new_pbEndOfBattle'
    from 'DMax_Battle' line 2263 in `nuzlocke_EndOfBattle'
    from 'Nuzlocke' line 111 in `pbEndOfBattle'
    from 'PokeBattle_Battle' line 2647 in `pbStartBattleCore'
    OK

Then I tried with fresh version of pokemon essentials 17.2 and I got same error help

Years
    • Seen May 5, 2022
    According to golisopod user i Just fix pbProcessMoveAgainstTarge (3696) and dynamax is working but when I run from battle it gives me another error

Error

OK

Then I tried with fresh version of pokemon essentials 17.2 and I got same error help

Years
  • According to golisopod user i Just fix pbProcessMoveAgainstTarge (3696) and dynamax is working but when I run from battle it gives me another error

<Error>

Try moving Birthsigns and Nuzlocke Mode script above your Dynamax Script. And make 2 copies of your cursor_mega and name them "cursor_zmove" and "cursor_ultra".

Years
    • Seen today

Error

OK

This isnt a fresh copy of Essentials if you have birthsigns and nuzlocke installed. Also, this is why my instructions say to install Dynamax below Birthsigns and other scripts that affect battle or battle scene (which Nuzlocke apparently does).

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen May 5, 2022
    I am so sorry it is not the fresh version of essentials but scripts are working(Thank You So much).

Years
    • Seen today
    Minor Update:
    I've made some small changes to both the Dynamax and Battle Compatibility scripts to fix a few errors I've caught while testing. Here's what's been fixed:

• Gigantamax Raids
      Fixed an issue where Gigantamax Raid Pokemon would be using standard Max Moves instead of their G-Max equivalents in battle.

• Hard Mode Raids: Immobilizing Wave
      Fixed an issue where this wave attack would be used by a Raid Pokemon while it still has its shields up. This wave attack will now only be used after all of the Raid Pokemon's shields have been exhausted, as intended.

• Raid Pokemon: TM Moves
      The following moves are blacklisted, and will not be randomly given to a Raid Pokemon during a Max Raid battle if they are listed as learnable TM moves:
      • Fly
      • Dig
      • Dive
      • Phantom Force
      • Sky Drop
      • Dream Eater
      • Hyper Beam
      • Giga Impact
      • Explosion
      • Self-Destruct

I had previously thought that this was already implemented, but it was apparently not working. It's been fixed now.

Years
  • I was testing Z-moves and I got this error with the Psychium Z.

Could be something with the dynamax script?

Spoiler:

Years
    • Seen today
    I was testing Z-moves and I got this error with the Psychium Z.

Could be something with the dynamax script?

Spoiler:

Is that the only Z-Move that gives you this issue? Does this issue happen in a version of Essentials without Dynamax installed?

Years
  • Is that the only Z-Move that gives you this issue? Does this issue happen in a version of Essentials without Dynamax installed?

I tested it on a clean version of essentials and all works fine. When I try any of the Z moves in my version with Dynamax, I got that error.

And no... I'm not using a Z-move with a Max Move.

Years
  • I tested it on a clean version of essentials and all works fine. When I try any of the Z moves in my version with Dynamax, I got that error.

Try using a Z-Move without the Dynamax Script and check if you get the error.

Then take a look at PokeBattle_ZMoves and look for the line/lines that give you error and try commenting them out.

Years
    • Seen today
    I tested it on a clean version of essentials and all works fine. When I try any of the Z moves in my version with Dynamax, I got that error.

Well clearly there's an issue with the new pbProcessMoveAgainstTarget code I added with the Max Raid update that for some reason doesn't play nicely with the old version of that code that Z-Moves relies upon. The previous version of the Dynamax script before Max Raids were added didn't make any changes to this section of the script, so the only reason it wouldn't work now is because of that.

I don't really know what "priority" has to do with all of that, though, or why there would be an issue.

I'm way too busy with personal stuff right now and don't really have the patience to download and install Z-Moves to troubleshoot this myself at the moment, so I hope you can figure this out.

Years
    • Seen Apr 29, 2021
    Well clearly there's an issue with the new pbProcessMoveAgainstTarget code I added with the Max Raid update that for some reason doesn't play nicely with the old version of that code that Z-Moves relies upon. The previous version of the Dynamax script before Max Raids were added didn't make any changes to this section of the script, so the only reason it wouldn't work now is because of that.

I don't really know what "priority" has to do with all of that, though, or why there would be an issue.

I'm way too busy with personal stuff right now and don't really have the patience to download and install Z-Moves to troubleshoot this myself at the moment, so I hope you can figure this out.
    Sir please try to add z moves with them sir please

Years
    • Seen today
    Sir please try to add z moves with them sir please
    I will, but it wont be anytime soon. I wont even have computer access for the foreseeable future because im gonna be moving around. Im quite sure you or someone else can figure it out though, I already narrowed down the areas to focus on.

Back