• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Dynamax & Max Raid Battles [Essentials v18.1]

Years
    • Seen yesterday
    I feel that this must be a simple question to resolve, but I don't find the answer. After using Dynamax in battle my pokemon does not return to normal.
    I used a new save, made all the changes required and made them in scripts without any changes.
    Do you have any idea what mistake I made for this to happen?

If it's a new save and a clean copy of Essentials, then really the only explanation is that you didn't install something properly. Because there's really no other reason for that to happen. Make sure Dynamax is installed beneath ALL OTHER BATTLE SCRIPTS. I have to stress this a lot because for some reason people overlook this a lot. The alias for pbEndOfBattle is where dynamax reversion is handled, so if you have something installed that overwrites pbEndOfBattle, then perhaps that's what's causing issues.

DragonN3xus

Still looking for the One Piece
    Years
  • If it's a new save and a clean copy of Essentials, then really the only explanation is that you didn't install something properly. Because there's really no other reason for that to happen. Make sure Dynamax is installed beneath ALL OTHER BATTLE SCRIPTS. I have to stress this a lot because for some reason people overlook this a lot. The alias for pbEndOfBattle is where dynamax reversion is handled, so if you have something installed that overwrites pbEndOfBattle, then perhaps that's what's causing issues.

The problem was that Golisopod's Mid Battle Dialogue / Script Battles script uses pbEndOfBattle, because of this this bug was occurring
    Thank you very much for the quick help!!! I was freaking out trying to solve this.

Years
    • Seen yesterday
    The problem was that Golisopod's Mid Battle Dialogue / Script Battles script uses pbEndOfBattle, because of this this bug was occurring
    Thank you very much for the quick help!!! I was freaking out trying to solve this.

I figured it was something like that, glad it was resolved.

Years
    • Seen Nov 20, 2023
    Well,I mean when I want to start a MAX RAID battle with a certain pokemon,now I have to add it into database and use pbmaxraid to search for it.
    In this way,it ivs,level,ability and so on are decided by the rule.
    However,in the game,sometimes we just want to start battle with a certain pokemon.
    I want to decide its name,ivs,evs,level,dynamax level and so on,instead of searching a specie and spawn one in database.
    So I want to ask if it is possible?

Years
    • Seen yesterday
    Well,I mean when I want to start a MAX RAID battle with a certain pokemon,now I have to add it into database and use pbmaxraid to search for it.
    In this way,it ivs,level,ability and so on are decided by the rule.
    However,in the game,sometimes we just want to start battle with a certain pokemon.
    I want to decide its name,ivs,evs,level,dynamax level and so on,instead of searching a specie and spawn one in database.
    So I want to ask if it is possible?
    I still don't feel like I'm really getting what you're asking. What do you mean you have to "add it into the database"?
    Pokemon are added to the database automatically if they appear in your Pokemon PBS file, there's nothing you have to physically add to the database to get them to appear. And this has no bearing on the pbMaxRaid script, they both function independently of each other. So I don't get what one has to do with the other.

If you want to start a raid battle against a particular species, you can set up a raid den event with pbMaxRaid to spawn that particular species. Which is how this always worked. This has nothing to do with the Database. The Database battles are purely for quickly testing fights in debug mode without having to set up several dens to test each battle. I feel like you're confusing the two somehow, or more likely I'm just really not understanding your question.

As far as controlling the attributes of a Raid Pokemon, most of these are automatically handled by the raid itself. Level, IV's, and Dynamax Level scale with the star rank of the raid. Which is how raid battles are supposed to work. If you want, however, to manipulate these values for particular species, that's what pbCustomRaidSets is for. In the MaxRaidEvents script near the top, you'll find this section. Here, you can set moves, abilities, held items, natures, etc....basically any attribute of a particular Pokemon species. When you encounter that species in any raid battle, they will have those custom attributes set, which will override any of the normally generated values.

Years
    • Seen yesterday
    Can this script work on 17.2? Plz or make it compatible.

The download link literally has a whole separate folder for the old Essentials 17.2 installation.

That version doesnt have all of the newest updates, however. Nor would I want to update a script for something that is itself outdated.

Years
    • Seen Apr 19, 2021
    😜i must admit i need to use dynamax as a boss battle
    i have some questions
    Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Years
    • Seen yesterday
    😜i must admit i need to use dynamax as a boss battle
    i have some questions
    Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

How to add new G-Max forms:
    Spoiler:

How to add new G-Max moves:
    Spoiler:

To make Gym Leaders only G-Max specific Pokemon, use the "TrainerAce" function I outlined in my update post.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Apr 19, 2021
    How to add new G-Max forms:
    Spoiler:

How to add new G-Max moves:
    Spoiler:

To make Gym Leaders only G-Max specific Pokemon, use the "TrainerAce" function I outlined in my update post.
    thx i will try

Years
    • Seen Nov 20, 2023
    I got a new problem.
    When you meet Golisopod at max raid,it will Emergency Exit from the battle,and well show you lose.

Years
    • Seen yesterday
    I got a new problem.
    When you meet Golisopod at max raid,it will Emergency Exit from the battle,and well show you lose.

Just add
    Code:
    next false if battler.effects[PBEffects::MaxRaidBoss]
    to the ability then so that it fails when the user is a raid boss.

Years
    • Seen Apr 19, 2021
    guys what about ditto it uses transform and becomes mid genger and gengar attack can ,t effect it but psychic becomes super effective. should be easy to fix
    i think just amke it so ditto cant trasform into a gmax
    edit-by mid gengar it uses trasform and the ui think its a ghost without even using the move cause my
    pokemon are faster

YashPokeFan123

#PokeFan
    Years
    • Seen Apr 28, 2023
    There is a problem(not related to (dynamax/max raid battles) in 18.1 Pokemon essentials script like when I search intimidate move using ctrl+shift+f no intimate definition come. That why I m using 17.2 because these are problem. Anyone tell it's solution or why it's happening. But what I do just copy the script.rxdata from 17.2 and paste into 18.1

Last edited:

YashPokeFan123

#PokeFan
    Years
    • Seen Apr 28, 2023
    The download link literally has a whole separate folder for the old Essentials 17.2 installation.

That version doesnt have all of the newest updates, however. Nor would I want to update a script for something that is itself outdated.

Sorry i don't see but can you tell me that what are differences between 17.2 Pokemon Essentials MaxRaidBattle/Dynamax Script and 18.1 Pokemon Essentials MaxRaidBattle/Dynamax Script.

And Also
    There is a problem(not related to (dynamax/max raid battles) in 18.1 Pokemon essentials script like when I search intimidate move using ctrl+shift+f no intimate definition come. That why I m using 17.2 because these are problem. Anyone tell it's solution or why it's happening. But what I do just copy the script.rxdata from 17.2 and paste into 18.1

Years
    • Seen yesterday
    Sorry i don't see but can you tell me that what are differences between 17.2 Pokemon Essentials MaxRaidBattle/Dynamax Script and 18.1 Pokemon Essentials MaxRaidBattle/Dynamax Script.

Basically everything I mentioned in my v18.1 update post is what the difference is between the 18.1 and 17.2 versions. If you're asking me what specific code was changed, then that would be too difficult to answer. Basically all of the code was changed. The two versions are almost nothing alike.

And Also

Huh? I dont get what you mean. If you're looking for Intimidate, you can find it in BattleHandlers_Abilities. The code for almost all abilities can be found there in v18. Intimidate is listed there, just look for
    Code:
    BattleHandlers::AbilityOnSwitchIn.add(:INTIMIDATE

Back