• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Dynamax & Max Raid Battles [Essentials v18.1]

Years
    • Seen today
    Here is where I put the code.

Yeah, you pasted it wrong. Don't you see the cut off "pbDisplayPaused" above where you pasted the code? It's giving you a syntax error because you have an open parentheses expecting there to be text to display, but its just empty and never has an ending point.

Pay close attention to the instructions when installing.

Step 6 of my installation guide:
    6) In Battle_StartAndEnd, find line "pbDisplayPaused(_INTL("Oh! A wild {1} appeared!",foeParty[0].name))":

Replace it with this:
    Spoiler:
    What it looks like you did was that you didn't replace that line of code like I instructed; you only replaced half of the line (from "Oh! A wild {1} appeared!" and onwards). The entire line needs to be removed.

Last edited:
    Years
  • Post a screenshot of where you posted it, im 99% certain you inputted it wrong if youre getting a Syntax error.

Yeah, you pasted it wrong. Don't you see the cut off "pbDisplayPaused" above where you pasted the code? It's giving you a syntax error because you have an open parentheses expecting there to be text to display, but its just empty and never has an ending point.

Pay close attention to the instructions when installing.

Step 6 of my installation guide:

What it looks like you did was that you didn't replace that line of code like I instructed; you only replaced half of the line (from "Oh! A wild {1} appeared!" and onwards). The entire line needs to be removed.

Ok, I did it and it worked, Thank you so much, I'm really bad at coding and programming and sometimes don't even know doing at times. Next time I will fix my mistakes when another Syntax Error pops up. Once again, Thank you!

Years
  • Ok, there's another error and it's worse than the last one, when I jump into a battle, the game crashes and gives me a barrage of error messages. One is about Ultra Burst and I don't have an Ultra Burst script in my game and the other is about nil:NilClass. What's also worse is that I can't even exit out of RPG Maker or the game itself! The error messages pop up infinitely. Is there a way to fix this problem? Thanks!

Years
    • Seen today
    Ok, there's another error and it's worse than the last one, when I jump into a battle, the game crashes and gives me a barrage of error messages. One is about Ultra Burst and I don't have an Ultra Burst script in my game and the other is about nil:NilClass. What's also worse is that I can't even exit out of RPG Maker or the game itself! The error messages pop up infinitely. Is there a way to fix this problem? Thanks!

Im assuming you have Z-Moves installed, which is why. The two scripts currently arent compatible. They can be with some editing, but if you say youre terrible at coding, im not gonna expect you to know how to do it, even if I explained. Youre better off only using one of them (Z-Moves or Dynamax) for now, and wait for a future joint release where both mechanics are incorporated together.

Im working with StCooler to roll both of our plugins into a single plugin, so it'll be released in the near future if you're ok with being patient.

Years
  • I have yet again, another Syntax Error.

Ok, so last night I got on my computer and wanted to start editing my game, but for some reason RPG Maker didn't want to work. Even when I double-click on it or press "Open" it still didn't work, which drove me to deleting essentials and my progress and starting over. The good thing is I just started on my town, so I haven't made barely any progress, but the bad news is I have to go through all the pain by manually reinstalling the Gen 8 project and D-Max scripts again and starting my new town again. I put all the scripts in for Dynamax and Gen 8 and I got another Syntax Error. The error is on PScreen Summary and I put the script above if @pokemon.shiny?": and still the error keeps popping up. It not even on the script itself, it's right below, but I did nothing! Can someone help me fix this (other) problem? Thanks and also there's the error and where I put the code.

Attachments

• 16101385184071557292346628043479.jpg
      16101385184071557292346628043479.jpg
      61.2 KB · Views: 5
    • 16101391309254944739013648087867.jpg
      16101391309254944739013648087867.jpg
      117 KB · Views: 5
    Years
    • Seen today
    I have yet again, another Syntax Error.

Ok, so last night I got on my computer and wanted to start editing my game, but for some reason RPG Maker didn't want to work. Even when I double-click on it or press "Open" it still didn't work, which drove me to deleting essentials and my progress and starting over. The good thing is I just started on my town, so I haven't made barely any progress, but the bad news is I have to go through all the pain by manually reinstalling the Gen 8 project and D-Max scripts again and starting my new town again. I put all the scripts in for Dynamax and Gen 8 and I got another Syntax Error. The error is on PScreen Summary and I put the script above if @pokemon.shiny?": and still the error keeps popping up. It not even on the script itself, it's right below, but I did nothing! Can someone help me fix this (other) problem? Thanks and also there's the error and where I put the code.

Honestly, i suggest you read into how Ruby works, and play around creating you own code and how things work. Im by no means an expert, everything I create is self-taught after months of trial and error. But - and i mean no offense - you dont seem to understand how even the basic stuff works. Im happy to help you, but youre going to run into a lot of issues with script installations if youre having these types of basic issues.

Remember, Syntax errors mean that something in the script is legitimately entered wrong. A missing symbol, or a missing "end", etc. So 99% of the time, if you got a Syntax error, its because you either wrote something in the incorrect format, or installed something in the wrong place. Which is the case here.

You placed the code for displaying Dynamax data IN the shiny code, not after. So now, the game thinks youre trying to display dynamax stuff only if the Pokemon is shiny, which is probably causing some kind of clash. Please read the directions carefully when installing. Try moving the code after the "end" that ends the code for shinyness two lines down. See if that helps.

And more importantly, delete the random ": symbols after @pokemon.shiny?

Again, be very careful about how and where you paste things. That was probably something you pasted by accident when moving code around.

Last edited:
    Years
  • Honestly, i suggest you read into how Ruby works, and play around creating you own code and how things work. Im by no means an expert, everything I create is self-taught after months of trial and error. But - and i mean no offense - you dont seem to understand how even the basic stuff works. Im happy to help you, but youre going to run into a lot of issues with script installations if youre having these types of basic issues.

Remember, Syntax errors mean that something in the script is legitimately entered wrong. A missing symbol, or a missing "end", etc. So 99% of the time, if you got a Syntax error, its because you either wrote something in the incorrect format, or installed something in the wrong place. Which is the case here.

You placed the code for displaying Dynamax data IN the shiny code, not after. So now, the game thinks youre trying to display dynamax stuff only if the Pokemon is shiny, which is probably causing some kind of clash. Please read the directions carefully when installing. Try moving the code after the "end" that ends the code for shinyness two lines down. See if that helps.

And more importantly, delete the random ": symbols after @pokemon.shiny?

Again, be very careful about how and where you paste things. That was probably something you pasted by accident when moving code around.

Ok, I did what you said and it still isn't working. It's in a line under the code I put in. It's "imagepos.push({sprintf(Graphics/Pictures/shiny"),2,134}). That's the code that's giving me an error, not the script itself. I feel like I erased something, but I didn't. Is there something I have to add to fix the error? Also one more note that I searched some sources on how to code with Ruby and currently reading on how to manipulate it and mess around with it a bit. Again, I'm new to this whole fan game stuff, so I'm still processing on what's going on, how to work with RPGXP, stuff like that, so if I sound like I'm stuck on a script or another error that seems basic to many fan game developers, it's that I'm learning how to get used to technology and understanding on this material. Again thanks as always.

Years
  • Ok, I did what you said and it still isn't working. It's in a line under the code I put in. It's "imagepos.push({sprintf(Graphics/Pictures/shiny"),2,134}). That's the code that's giving me an error, not the script itself. I feel like I erased something, but I didn't. Is there something I have to add to fix the error? Also one more note that I searched some sources on how to code with Ruby and currently reading on how to manipulate it and mess around with it a bit. Again, I'm new to this whole fan game stuff, so I'm still processing on what's going on, how to work with RPGXP, stuff like that, so if I sound like I'm stuck on a script or another error that seems basic to many fan game developers, it's that I'm learning how to get used to technology and understanding on this material. Again thanks as always.

Never mind, I did it and I FINAAALLLY have Dynamax installed, it works and it's amazing. I'm sorry if I annoyed you a bit with my constant messages. I can wait for your single Z-Move/Dynamax Plugin in the future. Thanks for helping me install and correct my errors in scripting. I'll stop annoying you with this message.

Years
  • Hlw Sir nice script but i have question can we set raid den having specific pokemon type .
    For example- a particular raid den will always spawn any random fire type pokemon.
    Thanks in Advance for help

Years
    • Seen today
    Hlw Sir nice script but i have question can we set raid den having specific pokemon type .
    For example- a particular raid den will always spawn any random fire type pokemon.
    Thanks in Advance for help

Yes...read the main post, update post, explanation included in the Raid script, or various responses to people ive made that explains how to set up Max Raids.

Years
    • Seen today
    Never mind, I did it and I FINAAALLLY have Dynamax installed, it works and it's amazing. I'm sorry if I annoyed you a bit with my constant messages. I can wait for your single Z-Move/Dynamax Plugin in the future. Thanks for helping me install and correct my errors in scripting. I'll stop annoying you with this message.

All good, man. Im glad you figured it out.

Years
  • thisSorry to disturb you again sir is that true sir that you are working on single Zmove/Dynamax plugin with Stcooler and that can be released in the near future if yes then then i am too much excited i cant wait thatnks for your effrots sir wish you all the luck.

Edit

For v18.1 or 17.2 i am asking that i cant find any v 18.1 z move script ? does that mean your plugin will provide a whole system

Last edited:

StCooler

Mayst thou thy peace discover.
    Years
    • Seen May 5, 2024
    thisSorry to disturb you again sir is that true sir that you are working on single Zmove/Dynamax plugin with Stcooler and that can be released in the near future if yes then then i am too much excited i cant wait thatnks for your effrots sir wish you all the luck.
    It's coming soon. We are still polishing stuff.

For v18.1 or 17.2 i am asking that i cant find any v 18.1 z move script ? does that mean your plugin will provide a whole system
    My Z-move script is for v18.dev, but with very few changes it can work for v18.1 (see the installation process, the only difference between v18.1 and v18.dev that I see, is how Lunar Dance / Healing Wish are handled).

Years
    • Seen Sep 19, 2023
    Hi, i tried to change the sprite when a pokemon Gigamax, exist a method, if you dont have, can you add GMAXSPECIES in the post by FAUNO.

sorry for my english i speak spanish.

Years
    • Seen today
    Hi, i tried to change the sprite when a pokemon Gigamax, exist a method, if you dont have, can you add GMAXSPECIES in the post by FAUNO.

sorry for my english i speak spanish.

Im afraid i dont understand what youre asking.

Years
    • Seen Sep 19, 2023
    For Eixample when you attack with pikachu
    Just elarge the sprite but pikachu have gigamax

Years
    • Seen today
    For Eixample when you attack with pikachu
    Just elarge the sprite but pikachu have gigamax

So youre saying your Gigantamax sprites arent appearing, and its only displaying their regular sprites?

Are you naming the battler sprites appropriately? For example, Pikachu's Gigantamax sprites should be named "025_gmax" and "025b_gmax". You also need to do this with Pikachu's female sprites, since Pikachu has different sprites depending on gender.

Back