• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

E3 2010 - Discussion

Years
  • Oh, and one last thing, lets kill the console war please. It was already getting old back in the SNES vs Genesis days.
    Genesis does what Nintendon't!
    LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL. Kinect is just an advanced eyetoy, it's great but it's not really innotive. And Sony didn't copy the wii because you know, Sony's move works and has actual games on it.
    Both are gimmick products that won't see any long term adoption within anything but the casual sector.

lx_theo

Game Developer
    Years
    • Seen Nov 2, 2013
    Both are gimmick products that won't see any long term adoption within anything but the casual sector.

Did you see how they were promoting the Move? Yes it has its casual games, but they seem to have as many hardcore games Move compatible or made for move, like Socom 4 and Killzone 3

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
  • That controller design is awful. I would tell you what it looks like, but it'd just be *'d out.

Genesis does what Nintendon't!

You STILL don't own a Sega CD?! What are you gonna do? Wait on Nintendo to make one?

Okay, so from what I'm hearing from all sides, I think I'll be going with Nintendo's E3 presentation, even though I've sort of yet to see it, but I'm going to when I get the chance. All of these remakes that are gonna be on the 3DS actually seem promising and seem to offer quite a fun experience. Looking at the 3DS in itself says a lot to me(I'm looking at the analog stick and what it can actually be used for).

But yeah. I'm just focused on Nintendo as for now; since Sony nor Microsoft don't really have anything that really catch my interests(Probably except Sony's new FF game, though that's gonna be for the PS3 and I don't have a PS3 so....yeah)

Agreed. And two words: Epic Yarn. Syd. Cannot. Wait. For. That. Game.

I Laugh at your Misfortune!

Normal is a synonym for boring
    Years
  • >.>

Frikkin' console wars are every where. Nintendo have done pretty well this time I think, mainly because they've brought up all the old franchises. Sure, Kirby, Zelda and Mario might all be repetetive, but let's face it, that's not really the point. The point of them is that they're still fun to play.

Sony's Move might be good, but I could see it running into the same problems as the Wii, in that it could go overly casual. I'm not entirely sure which way it will go tbh, but as it is, it's not drawing my attention much.

And the less said about the Microsoft conference the better.

JakeyBoy

Riddle me this
    Years
  • My point was that it looks amazingly stunning even though it is only 400x240. I may have said this already, but when I saw the Kid Icarus video I thought "Wow, that's like 480p or something". Then I did a little image thing to compare the resolutions of the DS, 3DS and Wii, and I was surprized how small it was given the amazing graphics we've seen in trailers and images.

Fox♠

Banned
    Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen May 16, 2011
    My point was that it looks amazingly stunning even though it is only 400x240. I may have said this already, but when I saw the Kid Icarus video I thought "Wow, that's like 480p or something". Then I did a little image thing to compare the resolutions of the DS, 3DS and Wii, and I was surprized how small it was given the amazing graphics we've seen in trailers and images.

I noticed that most of the 3DS stuff looked remarkably better than most Wii games.

Years
  • Did you see how they were promoting the Move? Yes it has its casual games, but they seem to have as many hardcore games Move compatible or made for move, like Socom 4 and Killzone 3
    That doesn't make it any less of a gimmick product.

Barney.

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Jul 30, 2015
    Stop the arguing.

I've sided with Nintendo this year because they have more games that interest me..omfg kid icarus, zelda, 3DS omfg alghjdgljdghjkglkjgfl;. But I that's not to say that Sony didn't interest me, because believe me, they did. Microsoft didn't, they showed like 3 games, one isn't even exclusive.

Zelda didn't work, there was certain problems with the connection and interference. People have said that when they tried it on the floor it worked like a dream.

Move is better than the Wiimote. It is..But that doesn't mean that Wii with motionplus is nothing now. It still works fine and it moves perfectly. Move is just a glorified Wiimote. It is, you can't really deny that. As is the case with Natal, it's a glorified PSeye.

Also, I really thought that the new PSP campaign was embarrassing to say the least.

lx_theo

Game Developer
    Years
    • Seen Nov 2, 2013
    That doesn't make it any less of a gimmick product.

Of course its a gimmick, almost everything like that is a gimmick in ways. Though the difference is when when the gimmick has potential. Kinect doesn't. And I was just going against your statement about only catching on casually for Move.

Luck

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    Years
    • Seen May 20, 2023
    Sony and Microsoft lame as usual, Sony made a copy from the Wii that doesn't suck as hard, in the other hand, Microsoft made an effort and innovate a little more.

The 3DS is as allways from nintendo in the spot!
    Thought I'd correct you there.

I don't see why everyone is so excited about the 3DS. Essentially It's just a DS with an analog stick and gimmicky 3D effects.

lx_theo

Game Developer
    Years
    • Seen Nov 2, 2013
    Thought I'd correct you there.

I don't see why everyone is so excited about the 3DS. Essentially It's just a DS with an analog stick and gimmicky 3D effects.

Simply put, its the games. It would be much less looked forward if they didn't have that list of games a lot of people want.

Pikachu™

Pika Pika!
    Years
    • Seen Sep 8, 2019
    Hey guys Gabe here, guess what the suprise is! Portal 2 for ps3!. *PC owners bring out flamethrowers and rage.*

Years
  • The Orange Box and the Left 4 Dead games are also available on consoles.
    Why would we (the PC gamers) rage over Portal 2 coming to the PS3?
    Of course its a gimmick, almost everything like that is a gimmick in ways. Though the difference is when when the gimmick has potential. Kinect doesn't. And I was just going against your statement about only catching on casually for Move.
    You don't get it.
    Most people who play games more than what could be considered a casual level don't want motion controls.
    However since the money is to be had in the casual market that's where companies are headed.

lx_theo

Game Developer
    Years
    • Seen Nov 2, 2013
    You don't get it.
    Most people who play games more than what could be considered a casual level don't want motion controls.
    However since the money is to be had in the casual market that's where companies are headed.

Right, I'm sure you know what everyone is thinking. I play games a lot on my PS3 and a little on my Wii, so I'm no casual gamer, and I plan to pick it up because it seems to have a lot of potential to make fun, hardcore games and casual games alike. Both were obviously spawned from Nintendo's success with casual gamers with the Wii, but motion controls can work. I get it, I get it just fine.

Agent Clank

Bye PC
    Years
    • Seen Jan 11, 2011
    anybody see the Lego Star Wars III: The Clone Wars trailer?
    It looks amazing!
    I cant wait for this and Force Unleashed II to come out.
    Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon: Future Soldier looked cool too with the Invisible camo.

Klippy

L E G E N D of
    Years
  • I really don't see why any of you give three craps about what some other kid on the internet thinks.

Everyone's entitled to their opinion and you'll never change that by arguing with them. So give it a rest and just discuss what you LIKE from E3 or WANTED from E3. This isn't a thread for you to bicker about why your favorite console is better than another person's favorite console.

If someone likes the Kinect more than the Move, then that's good for them. If someone likes the Move more than the Wii, then good for them. If someone likes the Wii more than the Kinect, then good for them.

Stop now. thx.

TJgamer

A Pokémon Poet
    Years
    • Seen Oct 13, 2021
    What do you think the price of the new Nintendo 3DS will be?
    I'm very curious about that, so my best guess would be around $150.

Back