• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

E3 2014 - PC's Official Conference And Livestream Discussion Thread!

Alkaiser

Superhero
Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Aug 1, 2014
    Steam is a tactical JRPG inspired by Valkyria Chronicles. We will see gameplay tomorrow. This is a Valkyria Chronicles gameplay, apparently Steam gmeplay style will be very similar:

Years
  • I'd love to play something like Valkyria Chronicles, but I don't have the patience to use my non-existent tactical strategic skills ;; I'd much rather bulldoze through games.

Oryx

CoquettishCat
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jan 30, 2015
    Raine, get Hyrule Warriors then and play with me :3

Years
  • Raine, get Hyrule Warriors then and play with me :3

I would love to! But that would mean getting yet another console in addition to the PS4, and Vita that I want ;; And then the added costs of building a custom PC. But I also do want the Wii U for Mario Kart 8 though. Those Luigi death stare videos are making me want the system, and game even more XD

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
    Years
  • I would love to! But that would mean getting yet another console in addition to the PS4, and Vita that I want ;; And then the added costs of building a custom PC. But I also do want the Wii U for Mario Kart 8 though. Those Luigi death stare videos are making me want the system, and game even more XD

I think E3 and other big conferences tend to make those of us who don't have much money feel bad. I'm actually thinking of buying a Wii U myself after seeing some of the games, especially Hyrule Warriors...sadly I lack the money.

Years
  • I think E3 and other big conferences tend to make those of us who don't have much money feel bad. I'm actually thinking of buying a Wii U myself after seeing some of the games, especially Hyrule Warriors...sadly I lack the money.

Awe, I know that the majority of people here, and anywhere in general aren't that privileged enough, but it's not an issue of money. Rather I don't really want to spend the hard earn money that I've saved from allowances ;; Makes me cringe when I see my savings account amount go below a certain threshold. My sister, and parents would probably kill me if I came home with like 2 consoles, a handheld, and computer parts XD

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
    Years
  • Awe, I know that the majority of people here, and anywhere in general aren't that privileged enough, but it's not an issue of money. Rather I don't really want to spend the hard earn money that I've saved from allowances ;; Makes me cringe when I see my savings account amount go below a certain threshold. My sister, and parents would probably kill me if I came home with like 2 consoles, a handheld, and computer parts XD
    That's understandable. I don't like wasting too much money either. Every time I buy something I always have to save up for it. Sadly something else pops up and you wish you had that money again...

Well Project STEAM looked interesting, but the controls seem a bit confusing. That cliff hanger that they had earlier...

Years
  • I really enjoyed Nintendo's digital direct,and the fact they revealed my top two most wanted smash bros characters (Mii and Pac-man) made me really happy.The Palutena reveal was awesome aswell.Splatoon looked interesting,will give it a go if I do get a Wii U.

Oryx

CoquettishCat
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jan 30, 2015
    I'm kind of disliking the leveling up your characters thing though...hopefully in their "for glory" mode they use base characters with no leveling up.

Years
    • Seen May 28, 2019
    I'm kind of disliking the leveling up your characters thing though...hopefully in their "for glory" mode they use base characters with no leveling up.
    The ammibo figures are just CPU companions, you don't control them. You also won't find them online.

The Treehouse event is easily my favorite this E3. It's genius marketing and amazing showcase of the games, plus the Treehouse staff are all likable and highly entertaining. Especially liked it when they got some of the Invitational players on and played with them. Hungrybox was really cool in it. :3

Game of E3? Captain Toad. I'm a HUGE sucker for puzzle platforming, it's practically my favorite genre (Wario Land games and DK94 are my favorite games for a reason.) and despite my initial disappointment with 3D World, the Captain Toad levels were my favorite in it, and now there's a game ALL ABOUT IT. I'm in, so damn in.

Oryx

CoquettishCat
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jan 30, 2015
    The ammibo figures are just CPU companions, you don't control them. You also won't find them online.

The Treehouse event is easily my favorite this E3. It's genius marketing and amazing showcase of the games, plus the Treehouse staff are all likable and highly entertaining. Especially liked it when they got some of the Invitational players on and played with them. Hungrybox was really cool in it. :3

Game of E3? Captain Toad. I'm a HUGE sucker for puzzle platforming, it's practically my favorite genre (Wario Land games and DK94 are my favorite games for a reason.) and despite my initial disappointment with 3D World, the Captain Toad levels were my favorite in it, and now there's a game ALL ABOUT IT. I'm in, so damn in.

Ahh, I missed the first part of the amiibo presentation so I missed that part.

I really loved the Treehouse for Giant Robot, when they were intentionally making ridiculous robots and making each other compete with them.

antemortem

rest after tomorrow
    Years
  • What would you do, battle one of those oversized armies together? Seems kind of boring, considering that's all regular gameplay seems to be as well.

Oryx

CoquettishCat
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jan 30, 2015
    What would you do, battle one of those oversized armies together? Seems kind of boring, considering that's all regular gameplay seems to be as well.

Basically yeah; in the Gundam version the multiplayer is like the single player, just with two people instead of one. But it's fun. :)

antemortem

rest after tomorrow
    Years
  • Basically yeah; in the Gundam version the multiplayer is like the single player, just with two people instead of one. But it's fun. :)

Maybe if it's like CoD - I think it's CoD, I don't care for being precise when it comes to shooters - and there's a level system in which it gets more and more difficult while gauging how far you've come then it'd be interesting. Just something more than endlessly fighting enemies that are killed with a few blows. I'm not even sure if the latter is how the game works, just a thought.

Oryx

CoquettishCat
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jan 30, 2015
    Maybe if it's like CoD - I think it's CoD, I don't care for being precise when it comes to shooters - and there's a level system in which it gets more and more difficult while gauging how far you've come then it'd be interesting. Just something more than endlessly fighting enemies that are killed with a few blows. I'm not even sure if the latter is how the game works, just a thought.

Well, I mean...looking at it, it looks completely identical to the Gundam one. I wouldn't have been surprised if that was a texture mod. So I'm guessing the gameplay is the same. You can put it on a hard difficulty and actually struggle, but for me the most fun is a low difficulty and a slight struggle against the last bosses.

The minion-types take a hit or two to die. The bosses can take 10-15, more if the boss is huuuuge like the big zam, which is probably those big dragons in this one. On the lowest difficulty.

Years
    • Seen May 28, 2019
    Treehouse ended.

Genuinely depressed about this. My favorite part of this E3 and a genius idea for an event. Pretty much all games showcased in it I actually want to buy from watching them play it, and the staff were amazingly likable and entertaining. Whether it's having some developers come in and explain some stuff, or having some professional Smash players have fun playing Smash (instead of their usual competitiveness) it was just endless fun. I said it already but while I was interested in Captain Toad from the Digital Event I was SOLD on it from the Treehouse event. It's just an amazing way to sell a game and it gets the views for it as well. The Mario Maker segments were especially amazing and pretty much Kaizo levels of ridiculousness.

Hope they do it again soon, instead of waiting for next E3. Nintendo won this E3 if only because of Treehouse.

Back