• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

E3 2014 - PC's Official Conference And Livestream Discussion Thread!

Dragon

lover of milotics
    Years
    E3 2014 - PC's Official Conference And Livestream Discussion Thread!

THE TIME HAS COME ONCE MORE!

Welcome to the official E3 discussion thread. The time is upon us, once again, for the biggest Video Game Expo of the year. This is where the big companies battle it out on stage and aim to 'wow' the audience with their new technology, games and plans for the coming year.

Conferences:

Microsoft:

Microsoft will host a press conference on June 9 at 9:30am (PDT)

EA:

Electronic Arts will host a press conference on June 9 at 12:00pm (PDT).

Ubisoft:

Ubisoft will host a press conference on June 9 at 3:00pm (PDT).

Sony:

Sony will host a press conference on June 9 at 6:00pm (PDT).

Nintendo:

Nintendo will not host a press conference for a second year running. They will instead host a Digital Event, which will be streamed online on June 10 at 9:00am (PDT).

---

Livestreams & other E3 related events to keep an eye out for:

Microsoft:

Pre-Show/Green Carpet (Monday, June 9 at 9am)
    New this year, we are inviting fans to be part of the excitement at the Galen Center in the final minutes before the show kicks off. Tune in to our live stream on Xbox.com or Xbox Live for an exclusive pre-show featuring sneak previews and interviews with our development partners and celebrity fans as they arrive at the Galen Center and walk the green carpet.

Xbox: E3 Briefing Post Show (Monday, June 9 at 11:15am)
    Tune over to Twitch.tv/xbox immediately following Xbox: Game On for a live, fan-centric "post-game show." Xbox leaders and developers seen on the Media Briefing stage will talk more about what was just shown and will answer questions from Twitter and the live studio audience. Guests include Phil Spencer (Head of Xbox), Chris Charla (ID@Xbox), Yusuf Mehdi (Microsoft Devices & Studios), Ted Price (Insomniac Games), and Bonnie Ross (343 Industries). Details on how to submit questions for the Post Show will be revealed soon.

ID@Xbox on Twitch (Tuesday through Thursday during E3 show hours)
    While the Xbox E3 booth is open, we'll be broadcasting what you want – straight gameplay. Every day, we'll focus on two different ID@Xbox titles, with many of the developers stopping by to chat with viewers. We'll also be taking many other titles over to the Twitch E3 booth throughout the week, so keep an eye on the main Twitch channel as well. The full broadcast schedule will be revealed at the beginning of E3 week.

Nintendo:

PLAY NINTENDO: NEW GAMES, NEW EVENTS AND LIVE, NONSTOP PROGRAMMING ON TAP FOR E3 2014

Super Smash Bros. Invitational
    2014 will see the arrival of not one, but two new Super Smash Bros. games: Super Smash Bros. for Nintendo 3DS and Super Smash Bros. for Wii U. To commemorate this occasion, Nintendo is inviting 16 highly skilled Super Smash Bros. players to the NOKIA Theatre L.A. LIVE in Los Angeles to compete in a Super Smash Bros. for Wii U tournament. Thousands of fans in the audience and countless more watching a live stream online will see new Super Smash Bros. characters clash with existing favorites in action for the first time. More important than declaring a winner, however, this event is a celebration of all things Super Smash Bros., and a great way for new and veteran fans to take part in a tribute to this legendary franchise. More information about the 16 invited participants in the tournament, the identity of the announcers, and how fans of the franchise can view the tournament in person and via webcast, will be communicated shortly.

Nintendo Treehouse: Live @ E3
    This year, Nintendo will offer fans a deeper look at Nintendo's biggest games of E3, with information directly from the source. The "Treehouse," the Product Development department at Nintendo of America, will provide in-depth game demos live and unscripted from Nintendo's booth. This new program will be live streamed during all hours of the E3 show. Fans can get settled in, open their browsers and experience the Nintendo games at E3 like never before.

More details about each event, including dates, times, locations and game content will be revealed shortly. To follow all of Nintendo's E3 activities, keep an eye on Nintendo's Facebook page, Twitter feed and YouTube channel.

---

Notable Titles:

Borderlands: The Pre-Sequel! (PC / PS3 / Xbox 360)
    Civilization: Beyond Earth (PC)
    Evolve (PC / PS4 / Xbox One)
    NBA 2K15 (PC / PS3 / PS4 / Xbox 360 / Xbox One)
    WWE 2K15 (PS3 / PS4 / Xbox 360 / Xbox One)

Activision Blizzard

Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare (PC / PS3 / PS4 / Xbox 360 / Xbox One / Wii U)
    Destiny (PS3 / PS4 / Xbox 360 / Xbox One)

Bandai Namco

Lords of the Fallen (PC / PS4 / Xbox One)

Capcom

Deep Down (PS4)
    Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate (3DS)

Deep Silver

Metro: Redux (PC / PS4 / Xbox One)

Disney

Disney Infinity: 2.0 Edition (PC / PS3 / PS4 / Wii U / Xbox 360 / Xbox One)
    Fantasia: Music Evolved (Xbox 360 / Xbox One)

Electronic Arts

Battlefield Hardline (TBA)
    Dragon Age: Inquisition (PC / PS3 / PS4 / Xbox 360 / Xbox One)
    EA Sports UFC (PS4 / Xbox One)
    FIFA 15 (TBA)
    Madden NFL 15 (PS3 / PS4 / Xbox 360 / Xbox One)
    Mirror's Edge 2 (PC / PS4 / Xbox One)
    NHL 15 (PS3 / PS4 / Xbox 360 / Xbox One)
    Star Wars: Battlefront (PC / PS4 / Xbox One)
    The Sims 4 (PC)

Firefly

Stronghold Crusader II (PC)

Konami

Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain (PS3 / PS4 / Xbox 360 / Xbox One)

Microsoft

Killer Instinct (Xbox One)[10]
    Halo 5: Guardians (Xbox One)
    Project Spark (PC / Xbox 360 / Xbox One)
    Sunset Overdrive (Xbox One)

Nintendo

Hyrule Warriors (Wii U)[11]
    The Legend of Zelda for Wii U (Wii U)
    Super Smash Bros. for Nintendo 3DS and Wii U (3DS / Wii U)
    Yarn Yoshi (Wii U)
    Pokémon Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire (3DS)

Sega

Alien: Isolation (PC / PS3 / PS4 / Xbox 360 / Xbox One)
    Hatsune Miku: Project Diva F 2nd (PS3 / PS Vita)
    Sonic Boom (3DS / Wii U)

Sony

The Order: 1886 (PS4)
    Rime (PS4)
    Uncharted 4 (PS4)

Ubisoft

Assassin's Creed: Unity (PC / PS4 / Xbox One)
    Far Cry 4 (PC / PS3 / PS4 / Xbox 360 / Xbox One)
    The Crew (PC / PS4 / Xbox One)
    Tom Clancy's The Division (PC / PS4 / Xbox One)
    Valiant Hearts: The Great War (PC / PS3 / PS4 / Xbox 360 / Xbox One)

Warner Bros.

Batman: Arkham Knight (PC / PS4 / Xbox One)
    Lego Batman 3: Beyond Gotham (3DS / PC / PS3 / PS4 / PSVita / Xbox 360 / Xbox One / Wii U)
    Middle-earth: Shadow of Mordor (PC / PS3 / PS4 / Xbox 360 / Xbox One)
    The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt (PC / PS4 / Xbox One)

Years
    • UK
    • Seen Oct 17, 2023
    Can we discuss what we're looking forward to/hoping for? I'm hoping SquareEnix have some good announcements. I've already heard there will be FFXIV update news but maybe, just maybe, we'll get a date for FXV?? Or at least something new ;; they're making this production as long as possible it seems.

The surprise announcements are always the best <3

Years
    EHHH MAAAA GAWDDDD!

It's that time of the year again and I can't wait... thing is it is so late for me and I work the next day! ><
    So, I am going to have to watch it all back the next day, so I won't be taking part in any of the threads so I can watch it and experience it for myself.

Years
    Mostly looking out for Pokemon OR/AS. Half-life 3 plz

also more borderlands aaaah! civ beyond earth seems awesome too.

Crunch Punch

fire > ice
    Years
    Really looking to see where Naughty Dog will take Uncharted, seeing as they lost so many individuals who were behind the previous iterations. It is one of my favourite series of all time so hopefully they don't screw this up...

Also I'm expecting some footage and release date for TLoU: Remastered.

El Héroe Oscuro

IG: elheroeoscuro
    Years
    Somewhat irrelevant don't you think? Just because it's not out in 2014 doesn't mean it won't be showcased in 2014.

Going off of this, it would make more sense for them to showcase and hype it up this year at one of the biggest gaming events of the year so when it finally does come out it will hopefully become a top seller after being displayed in front of such a large gaming audience.

Years
    • Seen May 28, 2019
    All three will deliver this year.

But this is more important than anything else.

Going off of this, it would make more sense for them to showcase and hype it up this year at one of the biggest gaming events of the year so when it finally does come out it will hopefully become a top seller after being displayed in front of such a large gaming audience.
    Being shown at E3 will not affect its sale, especially since it's shown to the minority. It's more of a hype generator than anything, but considering the game is delayed, then the novelty of having it at E3 isn't as significant, since hype dies with time.

Last edited:

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
    Years
    Somewhat irrelevant don't you think? Just because it's not out in 2014 doesn't mean it won't be showcased in 2014.

Yeah, besides E 3 tends to show anything that will be release between a few months from the event to two years, if not more. So anything that has a likely release window of around 2 years is possible.

I hope they announce something about FF XV too...it's been all quite for that game since last E3... Also some news on KH III.

I hope we get a release date for Super Smash Bros. At least for the 3DS version, and one for ORAS too.

Years
    • Seen Feb 5, 2023
    More excited for this year's E3 because of all of the new information we'll have regarding Smash 4! I'll probably watch both Sony's and Microsoft's conference on SPIKE. I'll definitely be watching Nintendo's conference and will try to keep up with the Smash gaming all day until I have to go to work. Games I am interested in seeing more of:

Borderlands: The Pre-Sequel
    Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare
    Mortal Kombat X
    Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate
    Star Wars: Battlefront
    Halo 5: Guardians
    Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain
    Hyrule Warriors
    The Legend of Zelda for Wii U
    Super Smash Bros. for Nintendo 3DS and Wii U
    Yarn Yoshi
    Pokémon Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire
    Alien: Isolation
    Uncharted 4 (it's about time)
    Batman: Arkham Knight
    Far Cry 4
    Assassin's Creed: Unity

As far as "winners" go, it's pretty obvious that Nintendo has this one. xp

Altairis

take me ☆ take you
    Years
    I'm pretty excited to see what Nintendo has in store, especially regarding Zelda and ORAS ;) I don't really play many games aside from Nintendo ones, haha, so I'm mostly waiting for their news ^^ I also don't own an Xbox or PS4, so isn't really much I can do anyway.

Years
    • Seen Dec 16, 2022
    Forza Motorsport 5 thingie on. Still waiting for a actual car to appear like last time.

Leviathan

[span="font-family:ubuntu; color: whitesmoke; padd
    Years
    I'm watching the Microsoft E3 out of sheer interest. So far there's been Call Of Duty and Forza games, neither of which games are to my liking. Yup, I made the right call in picking PS4.

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
    Years
    Microsoft's E3 has got to be the most boring out of the big 3's...
    None of the games have interested me so far. I'm thinking they'll be keeping last place in the year to come...

Back