• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen E3 Discussion Thread!

blue

gucci
    Years

On June 11th Nintendo will be holding a special 90 minute Q&A session completely dedicated to Pokemon X and Y, it will be hosted by Pokemon Company president Tsunekazu Ishihara and Game Freak director Junichi Masuda and is scheduled for 6PM Pacific Time / 9PM Eastern Time / 2AM UK time / 3AM GMT.

Now E3 is just hours away now and with a 90 minute Pokemon X and Y segment, we're sure to get some questions answered and hopefully some new information! Use this thread to discuss anything related to the session before, during and after the event.

*Please note that this thread is to discuss the upcoming Pokemon X and Y presentation only.

*The following information does contain spoilers, please read as your own consent.

Updates

• The official site has updated to confirm that information will be officially released on June 12th (Japanese time). This news is said to be of a large quantity and is likely to be released to coincide with the Roundtable at E3 on Tuesday at 6pm PDT/9pm EDT/2am BST. (14:18)
    • Nintendo Of America Twitter - "Join the #NintendoDirectNA livestream to see a new trailer for @Pokemon X and Y! #E3 #PokemonXY https://nintendo.com/nintendo-direct" (15:04)
    • A new type of Pokemon is being introduced - Fairy-type. It's super-effective against Dragon-type Pokemon.
    • Release date for Pokemon X and Y is October 12th Worldwide.
    • A new feature called Pokémon-amie allows you to interact with your Pokémon.
    • Two new Pokemon - Noviern, a Dragon/Flying Pokemon who uses a new attack called Boomburst, and Vivillon, a Bug/Flying Pokemon which uses Struggle Bug.
    • A new move named Moonblast has been introduced, it is a Fairy-type move which lowers its target's Sp. Atk stat.
    • Vivillon is said to evolve from a Pokémon called Spewpa. (16:23)
    • Players will be able to choose 1 of 7 languages to play the game (English, French, Italian, German, Spanish, Japanese, or Korean)
    • The new PSS (Player Search System) will allow players to search for others locally or globally (via Wi-Fi) to battle and trade.
    • Skrelp is a Poison- and Water-type Pokémon. Clauncher is a Water-type Pokémon.
    • Looks like there's quite a few options for battles, including multiple possible camera placements, split-screen views, etc.
    • Rhyhorn is another ridable Pokémon which may indicate that several Pokémon can be utilized with this feature
    • A new type of battle - Sky Battles have been confirmed
    • Pokemon X and Y will introduce "Hoard Battling" which includes Five versus One Pokémon
    • Talonflame, a new Fire- and Flying-type Pokémon, has just been revealed in a Sky Battle demo against Noctowl! (Most likely Fletchlings evolution)
    • We are still limited to just One save file still remains in the games
    • Pokemon X & Y will make IVs and EVs more visible somehow (Method not yet confirmed)
    • Although evident, eight directional movement has been confirmed
    • Music in the new games is less modified/compressed, will apparently have a rather different feel to it.
    • Looks like we can expect X & Y to have multiple rivals again as well.
    • You can select battle music for battles against other trainers.
    • The bike has confirmed to return for those who thought the Rollerskates had taken its place

This concludes the Pokémon X and Pokémon Y Roundtable conference.

Last edited:

Cyclone

Eye of the Storm
    Years
    • Seen Oct 3, 2016
    Evolutions are due IMO, but they might hold off a little longer on that.

Cyclone

classiccartoonsftw

Nintendo is for awesome people
    Years
    • Seen Jan 18, 2017
    Since today's my birthday, I hope Game Freak reveals the evolutions for the new starters, along with more Pokemon in the Kalos Pokedex. But an evolution for a pre-XY Pokemon would be okay as well.

shubham2207

Lone Wolf
    Years
    I really want someone to ask on the presentation that why helioptile's secondary type is normal although normal is always being a primary type when combined with any other types.. I think there might be some mystery about it..

Years
    • Seen Sep 29, 2021
    According to Serebii we'll get new information (most likely the same as the information from E3's roundtable mixed with some new random infos) on the official pokemon site on June 12th.
    The next epsiode of Pokemon Smash also promises a "big change for pokemon battles" and a discussion about types. Could this be the same information as the official site one?
    I hope that they show the info from E3 to the public somehow, but if they don't, there's still the site and Smash :)
    My predictions: 1-3 new pokemon, the reveal of the legendaries' (maybe Sylveon's) typings, more battle scenes with new moves and abilities. I don't expect anything too major but Gamefreak knows how to surprise us so anything is possible ;)

Superjub

Pokémon Aureolin
    Years
    According to Serebii we'll get new information (most likely the same as the information from E3's roundtable mixed with some new random infos) on the official pokemon site on June 12th.
    The next epsiode of Pokemon Smash also promises a "big change for pokemon battles" and a discussion about types. Could this be the same information as the official site one?
    I hope that they show the info from E3 to the public somehow, but if they don't, there's still the site and Smash :)
    My predictions: 1-3 new pokemon, the reveal of the legendaries' (maybe Sylveon's) typings, more battle scenes with new moves and abilities. I don't expect anything too major but Gamefreak knows how to surprise us so anything is possible ;)

This intrigues me. Could this be a completely new type and, if so, could it be Sylveon's type? :D I also see that it's in your predictions. :> Something else that may be unveiled is the rival character. Maybe the Professor too? Maybe more information about the home-town? There is so much information they could reveal... I'm pretty excited. :D

Cyclone

Eye of the Storm
    Years
    • Seen Oct 3, 2016
    It will match. Count on it.

E3 Discussion Thread!

"One, two, three peanut butter sandwiches! Bwa ha ha." *thunder is heard*

They HAVE to discuss Sylveon's type now. HAVE to. The movie is out in one month in Japan. They won't leave it for a movie day reveal.

You know sites like Gamespot broadcast live from E3 and keep a video archive, yes?

We'll learn the new type and Sylveon's type. Starter evolutions - at least the first one, not the second perhaps. Battle system changing announcement. Protagonist names and evil team. At a minimum, those would make a nice E3 reveal.

Cyclone

Years
    • Seen Sep 29, 2021
    They HAVE to discuss Sylveon's type now. HAVE to. The movie is out in one month in Japan. They won't leave it for a movie day reveal.

True, they're running out of time lol.

CycloneGU said:
    You know sites like Gamespot broadcast live from E3 and keep a video archive, yes?

I've not been following E3 for too long (actually this is the first E3 I will really pay attention to) and I wasn't sure who would be allowed to be at that roundtable or if they're filming it. A live broadcast definitely sounds good! :)

CycloneGU said:
    We'll learn the new type and Sylveon's type.

Which will probably be the same if they don't reveal 2 new types. Also, they can't just reveal new type(s) without showing Pokemon with that type imo. So I think if they show us a new type, at least a few new Pokemon of that type can be expected. Of course this is all speculation and pretty much anything can happen. Remember, it's GameFreak.
    Overall June will be an interesting month in terms of XY, can't wait for the new information!

Munchlax11

Munch?
    Years
    • Age 26
    • USA
    • Seen Feb 15, 2014
    I don't want to get my hopes up, but I'm expecting a lot of new news. Hopefully some evolution of a pokemon from a prior generation, or new typing. They are running out of time to reveal Sylveon's type (unless they want to reveal it in the movie), but if Sylveon's type is to be known before the movie, they might as weel announce it at E3. If anyone knows if E3 is being broadcast live please do tell. =D

Years
    • Seen May 19, 2024
    E3 is always broadcast livestream on several different websites. I would check just google it I am about to watch microsoft at the top of the hour in fact.

blue

gucci
    Years
    I think Sylveon's typing will finally be revealed this month, I can't see them spinning it out any longer and what with the Smash being heavily focused around Sylveon for the past few episodes it just seems like it's all building upto now. As stated above the movie is out next month and I really can't see them waiting until the premier to unveil it's typing.

Crunch Punch

fire > ice
    Years
    I'm kinda nervous about this battle system change. I'm hoping it's not something insignificant like the 'Rotation Battles' (oh god that was horrible) or 'Triple Battles', but I also hope it's nothing too revolutionary. I still want to choose from a four move set and stuff, it's what I have been doing since I first picked up a Pokemon game and I hope none of the basics are going away. Hopefully.

Besides that, can't wait. Hoping to gather £120 before October for a 3DS and an additional £40 for Y but I highly doubt that :(

Years
    I need to sleep early tomorrow! lol The presentation is going to be at 4am here oh I wanna wake up and see it haha

I think we will get the starter's evolutions,a release date, Sylveon's, Xerneas' and Yveltal's type, maybe a couple of new Pokemon as well. They sound very promising for that E3 thingy, I cannot wait :)

Years
    • Seen Sep 29, 2021
    Pokemon's Twitter said:
    Tomorrow is a big day for Pokémon X and Pokémon Y news! We're live-tweeting the Nintendo Developer Roundtable. Who's joining us?

For those who can't see a live broadcast :)

Years
    • Seen May 15, 2023

They don't "HAVE" to do anything of the sort. Sylveon's type can be released on the day of the movie. There was no confirmation we are getting new types.

They said they are changing the way battles are done. This could mean simply new battle commands, changing the way battles actually happen (Non-random), New items specifically for battle, Voice recognition system for Verbal commands (doesn't matter how stupid it may seem, it can be done). New battle style (similar to Double, Tag, Triple, and Rotation). They could even change type match up or Attack powers from previous generations.

Only thing I'm now expecting is a Release date. My Manager said we are expecting release dates for some games releasing this year to be let known this week. He didn't even know about E3 so I'm guessing that there will be release date leaks during the E3 conference.

I am still skeptical about this "Large update" Last one was for Mewtwo if I recall and that wasn't that large of an update.

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
    Years
    I think the last "large" release of the one's they've referred to as such was last month's corocoro. I'm sort of expecting them to match last months or exceed. The E3 is the best place to announce a game, or to show off what your game has.

Last edited:

Munchlax11

Munch?
    Years
    • Age 26
    • USA
    • Seen Feb 15, 2014
    I wouldn't mind getting a release date, I just want more than that. I mean if its a 90 minute event for X and Y, there will have to be more that just a release date. I expect something in the nature of new type or pokemon, or maybe even a new feature or item that hasn't been available in prior generations.

Years
    • Seen May 15, 2023
    I think the last "large" release of the one's they've referred to as such was last month's corocoro. I'm sort of expecting them to match last months or exceed. The E3 is the best place to announce a game, or to show off what your game has.

They never advertised the last CoroCoro as "large". Last time they said there was a huge update we got Mewtwo. The last CoroCoro info wasn't promoted before hand. When it came out we weren't expecting that much info and one person claimed to know what the update was and has since retracted his rumors that he had with his leak.

I wouldn't mind getting a release date, I just want more than that. I mean if its a 90 minute event for X and Y, there will have to be more that just a release date. I expect something in the nature of new type or pokemon, or maybe even a new feature or item that hasn't been available in prior generations.

Its an hour of pretty much recapping. They're pretty much going to do what the News release back in January did with history of Pokemon and end up with X and Y info that's already been release. It hasn't had any major releases in America and since this is mostly an American thing and different than Pokemon Smash, there isn't really any big point for them to give a news update during E3. That's better saved for their site as well as their normal news media. E3 is just to showcase it.

We may get a few more videos but it shouldn't be too much more than what we've already seen. Extended or cleaner versions than what we have already seen. The 30 min Q&A is full of pre-selected questions. Chances any of it are highly relevant aren't very high. Expect things like: How long have you been working on it? Do you expect it to be a great hit?...stupid things like that. Release date may be the only major info given, though that doesn't mean we may have more clarity with new videos which could have a full battle in it.

Back