• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[PKMN FULL] Earth and Sky: Return to Lethia (M)

manadhon

RTX-008L
Years
  • Thank you Adventure for putting this into the spotlight, I greatly appreciate the help. :3

Moving on; My next post took some time since Morty requested the journal with the herbs, berries and roots.

I litterally had to dig back through the OLD Earth and Sky Iteration, which is surprisingly still on the forum board, somewhere, and go through every post I posted on every root, flower, herb, berry, nut and leaf. I then had to compile it into a list and re-do the descriptions to better update it for this iteration.

THIS was a LOT OF WORK! I could have just slapped on something similar and whatnot, though it would hurt my pride as a writer. So I took the time to look through it once more.

Were still heading for Gaia's Heart the second we pull Gelius out of whatever he's tumbled himself into.

We will then get to see Earth and Sky's version of 'Team Rocket' if we can get there.

On a separate note, I don't think anyone will join or form teams since were already far into the RP of arriving on Lethia.
    There should be a way for others to either meet up or attempt to form their own teams.

Or at least that's my logic; It was a problem with sign-ups in the previous iteration. People didn't sign-up because we were a far way's ahead yet we were never any closer to finishing our adventure. Though that was my own problem that I caused and attempted to solve on my own accord before I let it die.

If anyone has any ideas of what we could do to encourage others to join in, I'm all ears.

If any ideas relate to allow legendary pokemon on starting teams; I'm going to have to put my foot down and strongly say no. Where's the fun in a challenge when you have something to tear through it instantly.

Good to see you're back as well Quto! School has been a bit hectic, but I'm going to slap something together for my next post (I've gone through a couple drafts already). I feel bad for making you go out and find those posts, but your pride was at peripheral stake, so I won't go any further. On that note of new members, one of my friends is very interested, but his busy life (I'd wager that he doesn't get home until a full twelve hours (or more) after we went to school on some days) is holding him back. I'll check back with him later, but I've got a post to, type? Press my thumb on virtual keys on? Eh, whatever.

~Manadhon

Logical Cabbage

A Very Big Altaria Fan
    Years
  • True that! School has punished me with a burden in homework and I always try my best to be active here in the RP Corner! Still though, having more people would be a problem but sounds good.

Gelius3

Certified Idiotic Potato
    Years
    • Age 23
    • Seen Mar 24, 2024
    can i do that Luke and Gelius be rivals? Would be cool. Both have Lucario. Why not?

Nate

Evil Cute Thing
    Years
  • Luke would probably not accept each other as rivals, deeming it too childish or silly, b hey can still be rivals even if only Gelius accepts and Luke doesn't. He does get feisty around Gelius though so I don't see it being a problem. As far as lucarios go, kelden will always be supreme because he has the aura your lucario doesn't, but we can go into depth (ic) and attempt to teach your Lucario the Aura.

Gelius3

Certified Idiotic Potato
    Years
    • Age 23
    • Seen Mar 24, 2024
    Can i make a part where i can find Steven Stone? If i can't it's fine.

Gelius3

Certified Idiotic Potato
    Years
    • Age 23
    • Seen Mar 24, 2024
    Not like that. Steven is here for something. And the others forced Gelius to take them or Gold would sing.

manadhon

RTX-008L
    Years
  • That doesn't seem like a legitimate excuse. It was bad enough with mashing the various teams and Shadow Lugia in, but this is bordering on ridiculous. Steven Stone has no reason for being in Lethia, nor do any of your character's rarely present friends. While I'm certainly one to talk with the plans of Hypno, it does serve a purpose (providing some of the Pokémon backstory I never gave), instead of deviation from the plot.

Nate

Evil Cute Thing
    Years
  • I'm gonna have to agree with manahdon. In my vision of Lethia, not that this is correct, b from what I've understood all I see is a giant floating region bordered by security and things like that. I don't think it's possible to get into Lethia without contacting proper authorities and such, and since there's no life or death important reason for Steven to be in Lethia without going completely off topic (keeping in mind the fact we have two plot lines to develop containing Lethias evil team and the road to the league consisting of what will happen between us when the time comes.) of course you have your Lugia plot that is essentially yours to develop but when I out myself in my characters position it doesn't effect him much since he doesn't know a thing about it, therefore it's only really a Cabbage/Gelius plot. I don't think it's wise to split off and create more plots than everyone can handle if you get what I'm saying?

(Sorry autocorrects a bum)

Gelius3

Certified Idiotic Potato
    Years
    • Age 23
    • Seen Mar 24, 2024
    On the next one Gelius wants to send everyone back to johto.

Nate

Evil Cute Thing
    Years
  • Luke would not be willing to do that. Nobody will since they have such strong ambitions. Winning he league means too much. Besides they can't turn back now. You could try but our characters won't be willing to accept that decision.

Gelius3

Certified Idiotic Potato
    Years
    • Age 23
    • Seen Mar 24, 2024
    I was meaning Gold, Silver, Maya and Crystal.

Tomorrow and on, i will be forbhiden to come to computer for some time. That's why i let people control my character. But please do not exaggerate. So i do not have do do a lot of work.

Edit: So this means i have only this day to post. I will find a way to continue because i really do not wasnt to leave this.

Last edited:
    Years
  • I'm gonna have to agree with manahdon. In my vision of Lethia, not that this is correct, b from what I've understood all I see is a giant floating region bordered by security and things like that. I don't think it's possible to get into Lethia without contacting proper authorities and such, and since there's no life or death important reason for Steven to be in Lethia without going completely off topic (keeping in mind the fact we have two plot lines to develop containing Lethias evil team and the road to the league consisting of what will happen between us when the time comes.) of course you have your Lugia plot that is essentially yours to develop but when I out myself in my characters position it doesn't effect him much since he doesn't know a thing about it, therefore it's only really a Cabbage/Gelius plot. I don't think it's wise to split off and create more plots than everyone can handle if you get what I'm saying?

(Sorry autocorrects a bum)

That doesn't seem like a legitimate excuse. It was bad enough with mashing the various teams and Shadow Lugia in, but this is bordering on ridiculous. Steven Stone has no reason for being in Lethia, nor do any of your character's rarely present friends. While I'm certainly one to talk with the plans of Hypno, it does serve a purpose (providing some of the Pokémon backstory I never gave), instead of deviation from the plot.

None of Gelius's companions should even be in Lethia, and I don't think Steven is going to sneak onto a floating rock.

I have to agree with all three of these post's. Shadow Lugia and mashing in the various teams is reaching a point to where it's difficult to tell whether it's appropriate or if it's just bad story telling. Granted, mixing in the different teams and organizations is one thing, since a vast majority of them have arrived to Lethia; Mixing everyone with your plot is not really a way go. I don't even see Steven Stone even coming to Lethia at all nor do I see why he would want too; If he's a gym leader, then he ought to stay in his region and manage his gym.

I don't mind if you deviate from the full plot to pursue your own story to promote character development. In fact, last Iteration to this RP, some of the groups main members split off for a while away from the plot in order to pursue relationships and training to become stronger characters when they rejoined and it went pretty well. On top of that, if it's something between you and Cabbage, If she (or he [Note: Am unaware of the users gender in real life, most of the avatar items in her profile are feminine so I'm going to say the user's female.]) accepts it; then that's your shtick.

If you deviate from the main plot to do something 100% on your own by doing some form of spin-off, then you should make your team and pursue that instead and make the best attempt to keep it reasonable while the rest of us pursue our own goals.

Like Demonic mentioned, Shadoan, Morty and Luke are the only ones not affect by your subplot nor are we apart of it or in a position to be apart of it nor are we choosing too since we're having enough fun developing characters amongst one another while I pit us against some battles, challenges, ideas and problems for each of them to overcome; whether we succeed at some or fail.

@ DemonicWolf: Besides the lack of some security, you got your vision of Lethia pretty spot on Demonic. There's a reason to the lack of security, though I'll reveal it once we make more headway.

Another Note, I may start to move the S.S. Behemoth back to the Olive City Temporarily. To make an entry point story-wise for new comers to Lethia and ontop of that, send any weakened trainers home or other trainers looking for a way off the floating island. If so, I'll post an announcement that will be hitting the tablets in my next post.

Last edited:

Nate

Evil Cute Thing
    Years
  • I did partake in this once before as well but I didn't understand it nor was my writing style very good or effective, but that's pretty awesome!

Also Gelius don't worry about it. Once upon a time I was sorta the same. Either that or I copied someone else's ideas and tried to delve myself into their plots without thinking about the plotlone. Eg) last earth and sky I copied some guys hybrid idea and tried to connect myself with a plot that wasn't mine. It was also my first time at controlling two characters. That didn't end well.

Gelius3

Certified Idiotic Potato
    Years
    • Age 23
    • Seen Mar 24, 2024
    Yeah i know. Well now there is time to wait until someone comes back.

Nate

Evil Cute Thing
    Years
  • Sorry I've been in town so much recently. I got dragged along with all the Furries from around where I live and I've been hanging around with them all week. I'll post eventually. It's not like me to be busy, it's so... Not me! It's great having something to do other than the internet. It gives me meaning in life <3 I am so deep. (Into your (insert family member here))

Gelius3

Certified Idiotic Potato
    Years
    • Age 23
    • Seen Mar 24, 2024
    It's OK. It is also important to have a life out of internet.

Back