• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Easiest Legendary Pokemon To Catch??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
    Personally, I'm good at catching legendaries. But, for the easiest...

Palkia. Threw one Net Ball...got it.

Hardest...

Maybe the Regis. I usually have to turn off my game at least once.

I also got Ho-oh on Silver last night. Third or fourth Ultra Ball...if I don't pay attention, I usually catch them. X.x

Ninetales1

Japan-flavoured Europhile
    Years
    I think the reason why Dialga/Palkia are easier to catch is that you battle it right after going all the way to the top of Mt. Coronet and battling the leader of Team Galactic (without getting a chance to heal inbetween). I remember the time I battled Cyrus (the Galactic leader) in Pearl, and everyone except my Empoleon fainted. Then I found out I had to immediately fight Palkia afterwards and I was like "WHAT?!? With a level 42 Empoleon?" I ended up Reviving some of my Pokemon, and luckily I got Palkia into the red zone and caught it with one Net Ball. During the battle, the only Pokemon that survived was my Purugly, whose HP was in the red zone. That Spacial Rend attack is powerful...

I also found the legendary birds in Leaf Green to be fairly (Moltres was the easiest). I had an easier time capturing these three than I had capturing a Murkrow in Diamond.
    (Yes, I once wasted about three Dusk Balls, four Ultra Balls, two Great Balls, and two Timer Balls on a level 21 Murkrow who was paralysed and had only 2 or 3 HP left.)

menace64

Lifelong Trainer
    Years
    I caught Heatran on the second throw. Maybe I just got lucky, or maybe he just lost the will to be free. Maybe I'm biased (since I just caught it), but I think Giratina was pretty darn tough.

Akiyo

Send my love.
    Years
    Easiest: Uxie, when I threw my third Poké Ball, it got caught.

Hardest: Lugia (in all versions) was "·%·$&·$ hard. One of the reasons it's my favorite of all time! In Silver, took 73 Master Balls the first time. In FR, about 45. and Emerald... Well, after paralyzing it and using False Swipe to HP-it to 1... only 59.

That's uh... Quite a lot of Master Balls you have there, and those Pokemon must be pretty damn good if they can escape from even one. <.<

Anyways, Moltres on Fire Red was my hardest, though Cresselia at the moment isn't being nice either. And the easiest was Dialga, which I hate anyway so I didn't really care that I caught it.

Years
    • Seen Jul 27, 2008
    blue version 8 years oldish, moltress you always evade my grasp! Easiet was Jirachi, by far my favorite, pre orderd collseum just for her! lvl 99 and still in use!

diamondpearl876

you can breathe now. x
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jan 25, 2022
    Uh.. I think it was Dialga for me. I was expecting a big challenge, and it was really easy.

World King

Twilight Silver Beast
    Years
    That's uh... Quite a lot of Master Balls you have there, and those Pokemon must be pretty damn good if they can escape from even one. <.<

Anyways, Moltres on Fire Red was my hardest, though Cresselia at the moment isn't being nice either. And the easiest was Dialga, which I hate anyway so I didn't really care that I caught it.

Yeah, I meant Ultra Balls. Lugia Rocks!

Why you hate it?

Akiyo

Send my love.
    Years
    Response is a little late but anyways, I hate Dialga because in my opinion the design sucks.

Furanty

神の右手
    Years
    Palkia was easy to catch. I catch it with the fourth ball, a great ball.
    In Emerald Groudon was even easier to catch. A Pokeball on a paralyzed Groudon with one quarter of max HP was enough to catch it.

Aikoh

go go rudolph rangers
    Years
    I think that all of the legendaries from the Kanto region were the easiest to catch. The birds have never been incredibly difficult to battle if you use the right move types, and Mewtwo was the only Pokémon that was really worth using the Master Ball on.

gilgaland

Who Ate all the cheese
    Years
    • Seen Aug 14, 2010
    apparently its spossed to be dialga/palkia
    i gt really annoyed at rayquazza it took me days

EmpoleMew

Lunatic Lunar Rabbit
    Years
    Easiest: Dialga/Palkia and Giratina
    I caught Dialga using a pattern I used in D/P. After weakening it, I chucked an Ultra Ball. No dice. Great Ball, failure. Pokeball, three shakes, break out, Ancient Power. I got scared there, as I only had Lucario and a Lv. 20ish Prinplup there. Premier Ball, "DIALGA was caught!"

Giratina Lv 70 vs. Dialga Lv 55 Roar of Time. Critical hit. Giratina faints. *reset* Roar of Time. Low HP on Giratina. Earth Power, Dialga is in yellow. Dusk Ball, Giratina is mine. 5:00 in the afternoon.

Hardest for me was Heatran. Took me about a month. Mewtwo was up there too, just short of three weeks.

Atomic Reactor

yeah when i was playing pearl for the first time.
    on my first turn i got i threw a premier ball at palkia and caught it..
    on my first turn..
    i was amazed lol

Terri

Whatever floats your boat
    Years
    • Seen Feb 15, 2015
    yep definitely palkia and dialga, caught palkia with one pokeball, i was laughing my head off for ages at that

Scales

Man of Infinite Jest
    Years
    Suicune in Crystal was easy to catch. I just used a great ball when it was low

The hardest and most memorable boss battle I can remember is Mewtwo in R/B. I remember using the master ball on Articuno earlier so I needed to catch Mewtwo win an ultraball. He killed my entire party so I used Articuno and used Blizzard which froze him. Then when he was very low I caught him with an ultraball. I had a big celebration after that

All the other legendaries I fight were slightly easier in my opinion. For the three legendary dogs I think I used a pokemon that knew scary face and just kept them there. Then just caught them. Lugia was also memorable since you had to go through that cave. Ho-oh was annoying because you had to go through that maze.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back