• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

"Egg"xactly how.....

Happy and at peace. :)
Years
  • We all know how breeding works here, I hope.

When I was like 9, I had firered. What little kid really cares about how the eggs are produced? Lol, I just want little bulbasaurs, squirtles, charmanders, pichus, and of course magikarps for trading. (why did I breed magikarps...)

Years
    • Seen Apr 29, 2020
    When a Wailord meets a Pokemon in the same breeding group. Through some means (the daycare people video it) a Pokemon Egg is made. Don't ask me how...

Years
  • When a Wailord meets a Pokemon in the same breeding group. Through some means (the daycare people video it) a Pokemon Egg is made. Don't ask me how...

Ah yes, the Hot Skitty On Wailord Action jokes.

But it does remind me of all the questionable choices on egg groups for certain Pokemon, like how the Ralts line are in the Amorphous group despite clearly having a human-like appearance. It does sometimes make for funny breeding combinations though.

Sometimes there's some egg group placements that actually make sense, like the Trapinch line considering that despite not being Bug-types, they are based on the stages of the antlion which is a type of bug, so being in the Bug egg group fits in with that.

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    Idk man. Considering how fluffy and cute everything else in pokemon is, I wouldn't be surprised if the pokemon fell asleep and then woke up and the egg was there and they didn't even know how, themselves. c:

LegendChu

❤ CAREFREE, BUT CARING ❤
    Years
  • How about this theory - Maybe eggs are just temporary capsules that are placed in the Daycare by some unknown entity. This mysterious "entity" constantly watches the Daycare Centers, most likely from the forests that seem to border most (if not all), Daycare Centers. When this mysterious "entity" sees the right opportunity, maybe when the Daycare people are sleeping, they just place the capsule (Egg) there.

Possible, right?

Pika Pika :chu:

Aquacorde

⟡ dig down, dig down ⟡
    Years
  • Idk man. Considering how fluffy and cute everything else in pokemon is, I wouldn't be surprised if the pokemon fell asleep and then woke up and the egg was there and they didn't even know how, themselves. c:
    imagine popping out an egg in ya sleep

How about this theory - Maybe eggs are just temporary capsules that are placed in the Daycare by some unknown entity. This mysterious "entity" constantly watches the Daycare Centers, most likely from the forests that seem to border most (if not all), Daycare Centers. When this mysterious "entity" sees the right opportunity, maybe when the Daycare people are sleeping, they just place the capsule (Egg) there.

Possible, right?

like a stork, kind of? ooh they should introduce the pokemon responsible for making and distributing them

Cherrim

PSA: Blossom Shower theme is BACK ♥
    Years
  • It just now occurred to me while reading this thread that of course they know where they egg comes from, but your character is always a little kid and they sure don't wanna be the ones explaining the birds and the combees to you, so they just tell you "oh... hahaha.... .... gosh look at this egg i sure do wonder where that came from!!" because they don't want to tell you "Look, your Skitty mounted your Wailord and now there's an egg and we know exactly where it came from but can you please switch the Pokemon in your daycare? We don't wanna watch them going at it again."

So yeah. I now fully believe they know because it would be ridiculous not to and this explains everything.

Aquacorde

⟡ dig down, dig down ⟡
    Years
  • omg yall so. there are usually other pkmn at the day care, from other trainers, right? how... how do they regulate things. imagine hatching your egg that you got, expecting it to be a sneasel bc you put a male sneasel in with ya ditto and it hatches into like. a nincada.

Cherrim

PSA: Blossom Shower theme is BACK ♥
    Years
  • omg yall so. there are usually other pkmn at the day care, from other trainers, right? how... how do they regulate things. imagine hatching your egg that you got, expecting it to be a sneasel bc you put a male sneasel in with ya ditto and it hatches into like. a nincada.

Actually, I'd love that? Like imagine if you only put one Pokemon in and then it randomizes what eggs you get based on other potential Pokemon in the daycare. It would be so exciting! They could change which ones are visible in the pens each day to see if you wanna try for something.

Smash Brony

Cool Dude
    Years
  • Where do eggs come from? Well, when a Beedrill & a Pidgeot loves each other very much...
    {XD}

But seriously, this subject may be taken a little too seriously...
    It's a game freaking (pun!) fantasy world!
    After all, can anyone explain exactly how mind waves get rid of toxins?

Aquacorde

⟡ dig down, dig down ⟡
    Years
  • it's fun to speculate yo

as for mind waves getting rid of toxins, people believe in that mental cleansing stuff so yeah!

Smash Brony

Cool Dude
    Years
  • it's fun to speculate yo

as for mind waves getting rid of toxins, people believe in that mental cleansing stuff so yeah!
    Hmm...
    The power of positive thinking?
    & I feel that if we live in the Pokémon world, things would be different...
    I imagen mammal like Pokémon, like the Eeveevolutions, would give birth to live young while fish & dragon Pokémon would lay eggs.

LegendChu

❤ CAREFREE, BUT CARING ❤
    Years
  • imagine popping out an egg in ya sleep
    Yikes o_O

like a stork, kind of? ooh they should introduce the pokemon responsible for making and distributing them
    Well sorta. Pelipper seems perfect for the job though :).

After all, can anyone explain exactly how mind waves get rid of toxins?
    There is a theory on that, called the "Glymphatic System Brain Detox Sleep", by which u can "hack" ur glymphatic system to detox ur brain, but its a bit too elaborate & will go off topic if we start discussing that here :P.

omg yall so. there are usually other pkmn at the day care, from other trainers, right? how... how do they regulate things. imagine hatching your egg that you got, expecting it to be a sneasel bc you put a male sneasel in with ya ditto and it hatches into like. a nincada.
    Actually, I'd love that? Like imagine if you only put one Pokemon in and then it randomizes what eggs you get based on other potential Pokemon in the daycare. It would be so exciting! They could change which ones are visible in the pens each day to see if you wanna try for something.
    U mean "NaugthyMons" eh >:). Ya it'll be funny if that happens. Imagine someone breeding for a future Dragonite or Tyranitar, but ends up with a Dunsparce :P.

Back