• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Elder Scrolls V - Skyrim

How would you rate it?

• ★★★★★

Votes: 7 50.0%
  • ★★★★

Votes: 4 28.6%
  • ★★★

Votes: 2 14.3%
  • ★★

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Votes: 1 7.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
    Years
    It is very annoying when the game glitches. Speaking of glitches, the funnier side, here is something I found and I was nearly in tears of laughter with these glitches.

Years
    • Seen Sep 18, 2020
    First time raging at Skyrim tonight.

Was going through a dungeon and there was about 4 bandits who all have bows that take off ABOUT 80% OF MY HEALTH! WTF!? I am level 35 with good armour and good health, but still does crap loads of damage.

I have quit for tonight.​
    You could always temporarily lower your difficulty setting while fighting enemies like that.
    I often have to flee from Orc bandits wielding two-handers and Draugr Deathlords with bows, myself.

Arcanine

There is no "-tina"
    Years
    Cassino said something about lowering your difficulty setting... you might need to check your difficulty setting Will. I know someone who was playing on Master (or the one lower) and he never changed it. He was wondering why he found parts really hard and come to find out his difficulty was way too high.

Oryx

CoquettishCat
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jan 30, 2015
    Mine is on the lowest difficulty. :x Cause I'm a wuss!

Years
    So I've been playing this game nearly non-stop since I got (Although I did go and download Arena and Daggerfall and play them too) and it's amazing. I'm on my third character at the moment who's an Altmer Mage, and the Destruction Perk for dual cast staggering is really useful. So far I've played for 81 hours and I haven't even bothered to finish the Main Quest. Also, for anyone who's played Morrowind, have you found
    Spoiler:
    yet? I was really surprised it got in. I'd also highly recommend it to anyone, although if you're getting it for PS3 you might want to wait until the bug with the save file size is fixed.

Years
    Have they said that there can be a fix for the file size? I read through an article by one of the Fallout 3+ designers and he said that it is very difficult to fix due to the type of game and is down to the engine of the game.​

Years
    I honestly don't know. Bethesda have said they're working on it but we'll just have to wait and see, I'm pretty sure it's due to the PS3's split RAM. Then again, it doesn't seem to effect everyone so I guess it's sometimes just luck of the draw. I guess if people are unsure if it'll do that on their PS3 they could just rent it out for a bit. Even with this though, I still think Skyrim's an amazing game and I'd recommend it.

Arcanine

There is no "-tina"
    Years
    Ok just checked... I am on Master... ^_^;.

Not lowering it though, I will win!​
    I hope you like dying a lot... and wait until you run into some of the harder dragons. XD

Also, for anyone who's played Morrowind, have you found
    Spoiler:
    yet? I was really surprised it got in.
    I never played Morrowind, but I do have the weapon. It looked so strange I looked it up online and found out it was from Morrowind. I really like that in games and such, where it'll throw back to other series. It's more for the fans then anything, but if you're a fan of the series and see it you're like "Wow... I remember that.".

Years
    I hope you like dying a lot... and wait until you run into some of the harder dragons. XD

Hahaha. Well I got past that point, still with Master on and made things a little easier for myself by using an exploite to get my 'Conjuration' up to Level 100.
    If you have Soul Trap and kill something, like a human or animal, you can keep casting soul trap on it and the game thinks it is a valid cast, allowing you to keep doing it! XD
    Took me a while obviously, I got bored a couple of times, but it pays off, as I can now duel summon Demora Lord's. These are broken as hell.
    I summoned two of them while a Dragon was about to attack me, I did nothing and they killed it in like, 5 seconds.

U mad bro?​

Fenrir Reki

Guardian of Destruction
    Years
    For all of the PC Skyrim players, has anyone seen the alpha test for the "online" gameplay? It's not a rumor, and you can literally see outlines of where real players are in the world with a prisoner outfit named, "Prisoner". There is also a chat log that has different channels and even a friends list, and you can literally talk to other players while playing in-game. It's kind of neat, although I have not tried it yet, and I don't plan on it because i'm perfectly fine playing solo for the time being.

Also, for all of the FFXIII fans who play Skyrim, I found out about this on the news page for Skyrim on Steam. Have you ever seen this?
    Spoiler:

It's a Lightning character mod on the PC. It looks well done except the outfit is strange, but the character model itself is in my opinion, really good. It's even complete with her gunsword in-game! :D

I'm tempted to post a picture of my Skyrim character with my HD mods... But I don't know if I should post it or not. :cool:

Ciax

Ledian Used Starlight!
    Years
    I am so excited to get this. I'm buying it after Christmas. But it will be on PS3 and just wondering is this framerate problem as bad as it sounds. Are people over exaggerating or does it actually make the game unplayable?

Fenrir Reki

Guardian of Destruction
    Years
    I am so excited to get this. I'm buying it after Christmas. But it will be on PS3 and just wondering is this framerate problem as bad as it sounds. Are people over exaggerating or does it actually make the game unplayable?
    From what I have seen, it's not really all that bad. The game is still playable, but then again I don't play it on the PS3, so I wouldn't really know too much about it.

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
    Years
    I have this game on my Christmas list, and earlier tonight I just rented it. So far I am loving all this action in this game! The weapons, the dialogue, the action it has put through... I couldn't have asked for a great game.

My character is a Kajiit, though I am barely on Level 2. I'm hoping to reach Level 10 or so before I go and return it. D:

Ciax

Ledian Used Starlight!
    Years
    Well I couldn't wait to buy it and after seeng it $20 off on ebay I now own Skyrim. Yay, now to play the waiting game. Should be here in about 3 days. I plan on being an Argonian thief with a bit of magic on the sides

Last edited:

Fenrir Reki

Guardian of Destruction
    Years
    Well I couldn't wait to buy it and after seeng it $20 on ebay I now own Skyrim. Yay, now to play the waiting game. Should be here in about 3 days. I plan on being an Argonian thief with a bit of magic on the sides
    Just a little word of advice, magic in Skyrim is kind of weak. I don't think Bethesda balanced magic yet, but most spells end up taking too much magicka and doing too little damage, or just taking up too much magicka in general, which is one of the reasons why I never use magic, even though I have plenty of spells to cast. Thieves are awesome though, which is why my Argonian character was based on a hybrid thief character.

Arcanine

There is no "-tina"
    Years
    Also, for all of the FFXIII fans who play Skyrim, I found out about this on the news page for Skyrim on Steam. Have you ever seen this?
    Spoiler:

It's a Lightning character mod on the PC. It looks well done except the outfit is strange, but the character model itself is in my opinion, really good. It's even complete with her gunsword in-game! :D
    I wish I had a computer that could run big games. I would have loved to have gotten Skyrim on the pc. I would have used that mod as well, even if the outfit is strange.

Ciax

Ledian Used Starlight!
    Years
    Just a little word of advice, magic in Skyrim is kind of weak. I don't think Bethesda balanced magic yet, but most spells end up taking too much magicka and doing too little damage, or just taking up too much magicka in general, which is one of the reasons why I never use magic, even though I have plenty of spells to cast. Thieves are awesome though, which is why my Argonian character was based on a hybrid thief character.

Yeah I won't be using much magic, maybe just some illusion and restoration when I need it. I will be mostly thief/assasin. Good to see someone else is using Argonian, dosen't seem to be many people that like them or use them.

Back