• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Elder Scrolls V - Skyrim

How would you rate it?

• ★★★★★

Votes: 7 50.0%
  • ★★★★

Votes: 4 28.6%
  • ★★★

Votes: 2 14.3%
  • ★★

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Votes: 1 7.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Nerdy Mojo

No Lifer
    Years
    • Seen Jul 28, 2014
    ive been playing for quite some time and really didnt accomplish much. i just like spelunking in dungeons and running up the bounty on my head(my bounty is in the thousands and now the dark brotherhood has a hit out on me for some reason, may be main quest related or i that lady i killed with the black robe that wasnt a necromancer or dark magician robe was actually with the Dark Mother) later ill become a vampire and join the Dark Brotherhood even though im thinking about doing the Companion quests till i can become a werewolf...i dunno. one more thing, ive collected alot of shouts so i need to fight more dragons so i can actually use them

this is a great game but it is inferior to morrowind and daggerfall imo, it hasnt the feeling....

Fenrir Reki

Guardian of Destruction
    Years
    May I ask why will I regret it?
    Unless you are the kind of person who plays the game to collect everything ,fully complete the game and be finished with it forever, the game will most likely last you for only such a long time. However, if you buy it on the PC, you have much more options. Even if you are not into modding for pc games, Skyrim has a much better replay value and more playability with them. Think about it, a year or two from now, if you have it on the consoles, let's say you beat the game, completed all questlines, got all the unique items and became the highest level, what else are you going to do? Start over and play it again? What if you wanted to for whatever reason create your own house you could live in, or your own unique faction within the game that will follow your every order, or a town bigger than the most populated city in Skyrim, or just an extremely hard to beat boss, you can't accomplish any of that on the consoles, but the PC allows you to be able to do just that with or without the use of the creation kid provided by Bethesda. I know i'm sounding like i'm saying everything one sided, and it sounds like i'm saying that mods are better and the best way to go. They are not always that way. All I am trying to say here is that if you want Skyrim to last you a very long time (possibly until the next elder scrolls game is released), you should get it on the PC, because you always have a variety of options that are restricted on consoles. If this sounds redundant, i'm sorry. I could list out all the pros and cons of the PC version against the console version but I will not.

Iqid Loopz

This sentence is a lie.
    Years
    I don't have much time to say anything but I' m going to give it a quick review. It's my first time playing a Elder Scroll game, and by far LOVE IT! I call it a "Better version of Runescape (by far most classic game I ever played, back in the day)

At this point I didn't even finished the main quest, well I finished the civil war. I picked Imperial and destroyed the Storm-cloaks. Funny part, when I was about to start the invasion of Windhelm. Me and my lackey (Lydia) got attacked by a random dragon. God I really hate randoms. Your just strolling around Skyrim then a shade of black past over you then a roar, ruins all that. And get ninjaed by a dragon. But other then that haven't fully completed the main-main-dragonborn quests yet. Nor completed the Companions quest and turned into a werewolf. SPOILERS! lmao. And looking forward for the rest. 300+ hours to beat the game? Looks like my life is done for.

I love dual wields of swords or magics. It gives me more freedom. And speaking of freedom, SKYRIM IS MONSTROUS! Like I took the time to walk from Riften to Solitude. Yes, I did. Don't ask why. And it was a challenge. Five randoms dragons encountered during the travels. And I destroyed them =) And curse them Mammoths and Trolls, they were such a burden to take care of. I didn't do anything to them and they ruined my two minutes of peace. But I killed them though lol.

It's tooo early for me to go deep on reviewing. I still need to finish the game lol. But yea I recommend playing it. "The Grey-Beards can kill you even when they speak" wow. I'm going to go and play Skyrim. Until I receive an arrow to the knee, then I will review the game more.

BYE!

Last edited:

Zet

Years
    I don't have much time to say anything but I' m going to give it a quick review. It's my first time playing a Elder Scroll game, and by far LOVE IT! I call it a "Better version of Runescape (by far most classic game I ever played, back in the day)

At this point I didn't even finished the main quest, well I finished the civil war. I picked Imperial and destroyed the Storm-cloaks. Funny part, when I was about to start the invasion of Windhelm. Me and my lackey (Lydia) got attacked by a random dragon. God I really hate randoms. Your just strolling around Skyrim then a shade of black past over you then a roar, ruins all that. And get ninjaed by a dragon. But other then that haven't fully completed the main-main-dragonborn quests yet. Nor completed the Companions quest and turned into a werewolf. SPOILERS! lmao. And looking forward for the rest. 300+ hours to beat the game? Looks like my life is done for.

I love dual wields of swords or magics. It gives me more freedom. And speaking of freedom, SKYRIM IS MONSTROUS! Like I took the time to walk from Riften to Solitude. Yes, I did. Don't ask why. And it was a challenge. Five randoms dragons encountered during the travels. And I destroyed them =) And curse them Mammoths and Trolls, they were such a burden to take care of. I didn't do anything to them and they ruined my two minutes of peace. But I killed them though lol.

It's tooo early for me to go deep on reviewing. I still need to finish the game lol. But yea I recommend playing it. "The Grey-Beards can kill you even when they speak" wow. I'm going to go and play Skyrim. Until I receive an arrow to the knee, then I will review the game more.

BYE!

Just wait until a dragon attacks you and steals your horse. While it's hilarious for the first few seconds you will be disappointed that you're never seeing that horse again... not unless it's shadowmere.

Also has anyone else seen this UI mockup for the PC version?
    forums.bethsoft.com/index.php?/topic/1278538-skyrim-ui-pc-specific-redesign-no-2/
    I really hope to see it become a reality one day.

Iqid Loopz

This sentence is a lie.
    Years
    See, thats the reason why I regret getting it for 360. PC gets mods! IGN showed a mod that turns your beds and horses into "My Little Pony"! Like I'm a brony! And I find that cool. But then yet again, I have a windows XP 97 and the controls are more familiar to me on consoles.

My current level is 28 (due to the smithing to 100, by making iron daggers boosting trick) and my armor are all Legendaries.

Armor - Dragon bone helmet and shield, dragon scale, legs, chest, and gauntlets. Armed with the Katana, and Daetric Bow, all legenadarys

Zet

Years
    I don't like the look of the dragon bone/scale armor. So I switched to daedric armor and weapons, because of how much better looking it is.

Iqid Loopz

This sentence is a lie.
    Years
    My guy looks like a boss in dragon armor since he looks like a white tiger Khajit. And also when I have 6+ followers fighting beside me lol.

But I'm having a problem with my game. Idk if its the game or my controller but every time I walk, my characters studders to walk and I slowly walk, I;m not heavy but its just me walking in a tic-toc. And also happens when I run. When I press the run button, it says im running but I'm not moving at all. Oh yea it takes me 10 to 15 to load Skyrim every time I come from a smaller map (houses, dungeons etc) IDk if its a glitch or what. I hope they do another update.

thedestinedblade

Radiant Cool Boy
    Years
    lol, I personally don't mind the Dragon armors, but I prefer the Guildmaster's Armor (once fully upgraded). The defensive rating isn't as high, but it does have some nice enchantments (namely being able to carry 50 more in weight)

Arcanine

There is no "-tina"
    Years
    I don't like the look of the dragon bone/scale armor. So I switched to daedric armor and weapons, because of how much better looking it is.
    I've yet to make Dragon armor, but I've seen what it looks like and I don't like the looks of it. IMO Daedric armor in Skyrim is the best looking armor in the game. And looks a lot better then Daedric armor in Oblivion. Ebony also looks really good, I guess I'm a sucker for the dark look. XD

Right now I'm trying to get my Enchanting skill to level 100 so I can have a full Daedric armor set (right now I just have the chest and the boots). I don't really want to give up some of my current items due to them being enchanted.

But I'm having a problem with my game. Idk if its the game or my controller but every time I walk, my characters studders to walk and I slowly walk, I;m not heavy but its just me walking in a tic-toc. And also happens when I run. When I press the run button, it says im running but I'm not moving at all. Oh yea it takes me 10 to 15 to load Skyrim every time I come from a smaller map (houses, dungeons etc) IDk if its a glitch or what. I hope they do another update.
    Sounds more like a console prob or glitch then a prob with the controller. Have you tried other games, or other controllers?

Razer302

Three Days Grace - Break
    Years
    I bought the game on release day but only put a few hours into it. I am still backlogged on tons of games but nearly caught up. Only MW3 on veteran to complete then onto skyrim which I will be playing for... ages to come. I love Morrowind so really hoping its like that game. So far it has been pretty good but can't wait to get more into it.

Phantom1

[css-div="font-size: 12px; font-variant: small-cap
    Years
    I was gonna play Assassin's Creed Revelations... but then I took an arrow to the knee.

Years
    • Seen Apr 11, 2013
    Man, I seriously need to save up for this game. But, I also don't know if I should buy it right now. Kinda hooked on Dota 2 at the moment.

Superjub

Pokémon Aureolin
    Years
    Sadly, I've found a game breaking glitch (having the quests The Jagged Crown and Seasons Unending active at the same time prevents you from progressing either of them), so I'll have to restart. 'Tis a shame since my character was level 35 and I had finished both the Dark Brotherhood and Thieves Guild (fully, including returning it to its former glory.) D:

Years
    Been Skyrim'ing a lot recently; simply epic! :D

I have put 35 hours into the game and just jumping from random requests to searching for dragons! :3​

Mew~

THE HOST IS BROKEN
    Years
    • Seen Apr 13, 2016
    All the Skyrim fanboys on the G4 website bashing all other games for the deathmatch have made me want to get it. tbh, I've never really played a real hardcore game, so I'll be looking forward to getting it, probably Christmas.

Years
    • Seen Sep 18, 2020
    lol, I personally don't mind the Dragon armors, but I prefer the Guildmaster's Armor (once fully upgraded). The defensive rating isn't as high, but it does have some nice enchantments (namely being able to carry 50 more in weight)
    If you didn't know, there's a pickpocketing perk that allows you to carry 100 more regardless of armour enchantments.

WarGreymon-X

Ultimate Nerd
    Years
    • US
    • Seen Jun 18, 2014
    Skyrim is ridiculous! Sure it has a few bugs here and there but personally it has not been anything serious (I'm playing on 360). I've put down about 25 hours worth of game time and if it weren't for finals I'd be spending all day playing. It's a colossal game with a ton to do, you can be an assassin for a dark cult or even a miner and collect precious metals and ores to craft armor!

Years
    First time raging at Skyrim tonight.

Was going through a dungeon and there was about 4 bandits who all have bows that take off ABOUT 80% OF MY HEALTH! WTF!? I am level 35 with good armour and good health, but still does crap loads of damage.

I have quit for tonight.​

Oryx

CoquettishCat
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jan 30, 2015
    Skyrim is ridiculous! Sure it has a few bugs here and there but personally it has not been anything serious (I'm playing on 360). I've put down about 25 hours worth of game time and if it weren't for finals I'd be spending all day playing. It's a colossal game with a ton to do, you can be an assassin for a dark cult or even a miner and collect precious metals and ores to craft armor!

Some of the bugs are really big though, it's unfortunate. Such as the fact that someone in my boyfriend's game died in a dragon attack (because they didn't make that character essential for some dumb reason), and so now all the characters for the quest "Blood on the Ice" about murders in Windhelm can't start. Because that can't start, that means the house that you get afterwards also can't be bought, and it's one of the best houses in the game.

I had a short amount of time where I couldn't continue the Winterhold quests because the scene was triggered by Mirabelle saying something, and I had accidentally hit Mirabelle with a rogue spell so she was too busy fighting Lydia to say it. I had no idea what was going on until I reset to my last save point, haha.

Back