• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Electronic Entertainment Expo (E3) Discussion Thread

Oryx

CoquettishCat
Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jan 30, 2015
    I found Nintendo's pretty lackluster just because...as the black sheep of Nintendo fans, I'm not a huge Mario fan. The only thing that really was must-get in my eyes was Scribblenauts because I love that game a lot, the rest was just kind of meh. I'm looking forward to the 3DS thing tomorrow though, since I actually have a 3DS and there's a maybe 5% chance of me getting my hands on a console as soon as it's released since that never happens with me, haha.

Railgun

Ever Day Another New Adventure
    Years
  • I'm excited for the Wii U but being a N fan it makes sense. The final game Sony showed looks amazing. The girl looks like Penny from Bolt XD. I can tell there a good number of titles this year not to mention the 3DS titles from 2010 that I want. BTW whats the name of the french guy from Ubisoft? I never caught his name.

Luck

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    Years
    • Seen May 20, 2023
    Not even Reggie could save that press conference. I appreciate the third party support, but E3 is for first party stuff, and I don't really care about Mario or Pikmin.

Microsoft was a failure, and Sony and Nintendo were very disappointing to say the least. Ubisoft was the winner because they had the only E3 that was actually neat. They need to bring Mr. Caffeine back next year, Aisha Taylor and Tobuscus were horrible.

NatureKeeper

I'm excited for the Wii U but being a N fan it makes sense. The final game Sony showed looks amazing. The girl looks like Penny from Bolt XD. I can tell there a good number of titles this year not to mention the 3DS titles from 2010 that I want. BTW whats the name of the french guy from Ubisoft? I never caught his name.

Yves... Something. I can only remember his barely legible accent. Xander's accent was fine.

Oryx

CoquettishCat
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jan 30, 2015
    Yves Guillemot. Distinctly French name, would be really hard to understand if you're not used to names like that haha.

Years
    • Seen Jun 7, 2012
    I feel as if nobody "dominated" or "won" this year like in past years. The Big 3 all had good stuff and not so good stuff.

Sony had the Plus and also two new games that looked interesting

Microsoft had Toby plus a few cool titles

Nintendo had the Wii U which has a few cool games like Pikman ,Mario U and that other one with the people teaming up to beat the robot thingys. (no idea on the name)

I wish they talked more about the Wii U instead of the Gamepad. Like will it have channels like the Wii or something new? Also will Wii U games be on dvd or blu ray?

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
    Years
  • This year's E3 really doesn't seem all that exciting compared to past years, nothing really attracted my attention...
    Also the Wii U not really appealing to hardcore gamers doesn't come as a surprise as and correct me if I'm wrong, that they were going to focus on bringing in people new to games, and the whole family, something like that.

Razer302

Three Days Grace - Break
    Years
  • I missed the very end of sony as I was asleep which was gutting but from what I have seen of sony I loved AC3 and Beyond and th new PSPlus has made me actually want to get it.

Microsoft was boring for me.

And honestly I didn't bother to watch nintendo as I couldn't care less about the WiiU. The Wii original was bad enough so this... Not interested.

Biggest for me was Watchdog. That came out of no where. Was shocked by that and it looks great.

Lots of things dissappointed me but the one the most was that stupid book thing for the PS3. Now I love the move for things like time crisis but the book just isn't going to take off.

Allso thet PS all stars... really no interest at all. The demo just reminded me of Brawl and I can't stand that game either.

DMC looks great. Loved the new trailer and picking this up on release.

Mr Cat Dog

Frasier says it best
    Years
  • Well, at least Paper Mario was confirmed for this year... but nothing else really stood out from Nintendo's conference, if I'm honest, and I'm a big apologiser for the company. Hopefully the 3DS mini-conference will prove to be slightly better - and more entertaining, for that matter...

bobandbill

one more time
    Years
  • Not that much in Nintendo's WiiU show, but I'm not too surprised. Calls for a likes of a new Zelda straightaway (these games commonly take time to make) and even a Mario Kart (they only just had MK7 this year on the 3DS guys, that doesn't even make sense) is a bit too much of an expectation. Pikmin 3 looks hella nice though, and as a big fan of that series I'm pretty happy with that. And yay for PM3 this year, even if it isn't a WiiU title anyways. =p Not planning on getting the WiiU at launch yet though but that's based on a lot of things (like pricing here in Australia -_-).

Do wonder what they will show at the 3DS thing later.

Amused that the zombie game turned out to be a real thing, heh. Could be interesting from what I've read of it.

Outkin

OM*G PIKMIN 3!!!
    Years
  • I've been waiting all day for info on Pikmin 3, so damn happy :D

Curse you nintendo....there always has to be that one game that pulls me over the edge and makes me give you more money!

That aside, I can't wait for what everyone has in store for tomorrow, should be fun :D

Algo Fonix

oh god
    Years
  • My brand loyalty for Nintendo was dried up with the Wii. I've had it since the beginning and I don't want to repeat that mistake.

Man, everybody just kinda did really bad this year. In past years I enjoyed watching the various conferences, but this year it's just been lame. That's just me, though. And I'm bitter.

Luck

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    Years
    • Seen May 20, 2023
    Yeah, I'm gonna skip the Wii U as well, at least for about 2-3 years. I'm missing out on some good Wii games, but the software lineup looks really bad right now.
    Man, everybody just kinda did really bad this year. In past years I enjoyed watching the various conferences, but this year it's just been lame. That's just me, though. And I'm bitter.

You enjoyed the 2010/2011 press conferences? They were better overall than E3 2012, sure, but they were still pretty forgettable to me.
    I missed the very end of sony as I was asleep which was gutting but from what I have seen of sony I loved AC3 and Beyond and th new PSPlus has made me actually want to get it.

That's a shame, because you missed the best part of Sony's press conference.

Algo Fonix

oh god
    Years
  • Nah, I wouldn't say I enjoyed the '10/'11 conferences, I just didn't have as much of a feeling of "This is it?" as this year.

Come to think of it, the last one I really liked was probably 2006. :/ Jesus that doesn't seem that long ago.

Mr Cat Dog

Frasier says it best
    Years
  • I read this article about the Nintendo conference, and I really think it sums up why I felt very underwhelmed by it; peeps should check it out, if they get the chance to. I'd be interested in hearing other people's opinions.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    I read this article about the Nintendo conference, and I really think it sums up why I felt very underwhelmed by it; peeps should check it out, if they get the chance to. I'd be interested in hearing other people's opinions.

Aaand read, but since I haven't watched previous years' I can't really judge. :3

I haven't watched E3 before this year (and only still, this year it was only half of Nintendo's because my iPhone decided it hated Nintendo half way through) but I feel like it really didn't have anything exciting. tbh while it was "big deal" that they were making a big deal about the Wii U, I was most excited by the fact that it was live aka all over the world at that second, rather than what they were trying to say about the Wii U. After their "explanation" I didn't really understand the whole point or hype over it and really, they should've concentrated more on the games rather than the Wii U because while I don't plan on getting the Wii U, it's still interesting to see what they offer... also the fact that none of the games other than mario appealed to me but still lool.

Yuoaman

I don't know who I am either.
    Years
  • I didn't actually watch the Nintendo conference yesterday, I wasn't able to get up in time to catch it - but from what I've read it sounds like they really dropped the ball on it. Which is disappointing after last year's conference.

Back