• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen Elemental Monkeys: Welcome addition or overkill? [ #16 ]

Your thoughts on them?

• Total voters

Perriechu

i make this look easy tik-tik boom like gasoline-y
Years
  • I think there just gimmicks in a way :/

There the Plusle and Minun of Triple battles. However they are overly cute <3

Gulpin

poisonous
    Years
    • Seen Jan 16, 2017
    → The idea is nice but I don't like the designs
    → I love pretty much everything about them
    Those two for me basically. I like some of the designs but some of them are just a little weird looking to me. I really like how no matter what there is another unusual early game type available to everyone, and you don't even have to battle to get it. They help you with the first gym and are fairly good throughout the rest of the game at least until you find someone else that does the role better (for example I replaced by Boappu - I still havn't learned the English names - with the much awesomer Hitomoshi). What is also nice is that you can actually get any of them soon afterwords in the forest before Hiun City.

chaos11011

[untitled]
    Years
    • Age 27
    • MA
    • Seen May 4, 2021
    In my opinion, they are are Eevees (Pansage, Panpur, and Pansear) and when they evolve they become like Leafeon, Vaporeon, and Flareon (Yanakki, Hiyakki, and Baokki respectively) Since Eevee wasn't comming along for this Generation, they where made for Grass, Water, Fire coverage. (Keep in mind, I am exculding the other Eeveelutions for this summary.

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years
  • The elemental monkeys are cool because they help you against the first gym leader (the monkey you get depends on your starter and that monkey is strong against the gym leader's monkey). I like Pansage and Panpour but not Pansear.

Legendary Silke

[I][B]You like dragons?[/B][/I]
    Years
    • Seen Dec 23, 2021
    Heh... I always find these funny in a good way! So... maybe I'm in the "I like them" camp. I loved everything about them. It's a fun addition to the usual.

Dent

taste the café m o c h a ♥
    Years
  • I quite like the monkey trio, and what they are meant to represent. Their designs are oddly adorable, in my opinion.

Years
  • I do like the concept behind it, the whole hear/see/speak no evil.

They don't look that great though. I know it is just ragging on the pixel art of them, but they don't look like anything special to me.​

Years
  • I love their personalities, and the conept is really great, though I think the evolutions aren't that nice and don't really maintain the see/hear/speak no evil themes as much :/

Nakuzami

[img]https://i.imgur.com/iwlpePA.png[/img]
    Years
  • I absolutely love their design and concept, and just everything about them. They are very welcome.

Except for the evolutions, they can go home. They suck in my opinion.

blue

gucci
    Years
  • I like the way you can obtain the one that is an advantage to the first gym, I also like the concept of the first gym, the way each one has an Elemental Monkey and who you battle depends on your starter, I wonder if in the 3rd game you battle them all.

Guy

just a guy
    Years
  • The concept behind the Elemental Monkey Trio was a good one. Not that I ever thought about it, but it would be an idea that GameFreak would take from a realistic concept and use it as their own. I think my stand on them would be that their concept is good, but the designs (at least for Pansear and Panpour) could have been better; more so for their secondary stages. Even if I didn't like the design or concept however, I still liked the idea of how the game developers used them in a different tactic for the first gym.

Pansage being my favorite by the way.

Last edited:

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
  • I don't like the evos, but the basic forms are kinda cute. And I think they're a welcome addition. I have nothing against them, except how overrated they are. But that's not their fault.

Pokestick good times.

[i]cheeky[/i]
    Years
  • I'm not a big fan of their designs, but then again, I'm not a monkey person to begin with.

The concept is fine, sure. It's not like I have to use them. I just have to beat the crap out of them from time to time:3

Back