• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Elite Battle 2015: Gen 5 battle skin

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Mar 20, 2017
Sounds to me like the game can't take a screenshot. Do you have the rubyscreen.dll in your game's root folder?

dll checked on root folder.

I tried to add the game.exe and the RPGMaker to the Data Execution Prevention, cause I found a video explaining how to do that and that was supposed to solve the problem.

But, still getting the crash. :/

Luka S.J.

Jealous Croatian
Years
dll checked on root folder.

I tried to add the game.exe and the RPGMaker to the Data Execution Prevention, cause I found a video explaining how to do that and that was supposed to solve the problem.

But, still getting the crash. :/

I don't know what to tell you. Your .exe doesn't want to run the .dll, and the transitions require the ability to take a screenshot to be used properly. I don't know why this is happening for you, but since it's not an issue with the scripts themselves, you can just omit the 8th script section for the time being, until you (or I) find an appropriate solution.

Edit to add: Just tested and I discovered that by setting a certain value to false you can keep the animated battle arena but not the UI. Honestly thought that setting it to false would turn everything off. Still, awesome
You can change the value of USENEWUI (in EliteBattle_Battle) to false should you wish to use the default Essentials UI.
Yes, that was the whole point: to disable the new UI. Not the entire battle scene.

Years
Yes, that was the whole point: to disable the new UI. Not the entire battle scene.

I actually spent some time looking over the EBS's UI's code to see if I could somehow make it work with Multitype Moves Mode, and...

Spoiler:

...and in testing that, I ran into a little bug:
Spoiler:

Luka S.J.

Jealous Croatian
Years
If you press Z to Mega Evolve, be it natural or mixed, then change your mind and press Z again before you select your move, you will still Mega Evolve. It's probably for this reason that Essentials's basic UI's Mega Evolution Button isn't a toggle.

The mega evolution button isn't a toggle in the EB interface either. I don't understand what your point is? Would you like me to add the option to "untoggle" mega evolution?

Years
The mega evolution button isn't a toggle in the EB interface either. I don't understand what your point is? Would you like me to add the option to "untoggle" mega evolution?

If you press Z, the Mega button will turn slightly red, which means yes you will Mega evolve. If you press Z again, it'll change back to the normal coloration, which means that you have the capability but won't Mega Evolve.

The problem is solved if you change one number in def megaButtonTrigger:
Code:
  def megaButtonTrigger
    @megaButton.src_rect.y+=48
    @megaButton.src_rect.y=[COLOR="Red"]48[/COLOR] if @megaButton.src_rect.y >= 96
  end

Luka S.J.

Jealous Croatian
Years
If you press Z, the Mega button will turn slightly red, which means yes you will Mega evolve. If you press Z again, it'll change back to the normal coloration]

In the stock EB scripts, this does not happen. If the behaviour is different for you, it is due to changes you have made. (I just tested it out, btw)

EDIT: Updated the UI script, to change the toggling behaviour to work like a proper toggle, and added previously missing mouse input for it.

Last edited:

MoonDood091

Enderborne
Years
  • Seen May 1, 2022
Quick question, is there a way to have just the UI of the EBS and not the animated/re-sized sprites?

Schrroms

Pokémon Infinite Fusion dev
Years
Quick question, is there a way to have just the UI of the EBS and not the animated/re-sized sprites?

Yes, it works fine with static sprites.
But I personally think it looks a bit odd and out of place.

The sprites size can easily be changed with POKEMONSPRITESCALE in the settings section of the EliteBattle_Battle script.

Courtland

"It's time for the Revelation..." - Pokemon Doomsd
Years
Quick question, is it possible to have non-animated Pokemon (Kalos) and normal animated Pokemon sprites?

Years
Just discovered a small bug.

Spoiler:

Luka S.J.

Jealous Croatian
Years
Just discovered a small bug.

Spoiler:

Thanks for letting me know. I'll take a look at it soon.

Quick question, is it possible to have non-animated Pokemon (Kalos) and normal animated Pokemon sprites?

Try it, a d find out. Or just look at what the opening post says, and have a think about it.

Years
If you want to know how I fixed it in my game:

Code:
class PokeBattle_Battle
  alias pbPrimalReversionOld pbPrimalReversion
  def pbPrimalReversion(index,ignoreabilities=false)
    return if !@battlers[index] || !@battlers[index].pokemon
    return if !(@battlers[index].hasPrimal? rescue false)
    return false if @battlers[index].isShadow?
    return if (@battlers[index].isPrimal? rescue true)
    ownername=pbGetOwner(index).fullname
    ownername=pbGetOwner(index).name if pbBelongsToPlayer?(index)
    #Need animation
    pbCommonAnimation("PrimalReversion",@battlers[index],nil)
    @battlers[index].pokemon.makePrimal
    @battlers[index].form=@battlers[index].pokemon.form
    @battlers[index].pbUpdate(true)
    @scene.pbChangePokemon(@battlers[index],@battlers[index].pokemon)
    pbDisplay(_INTL("{1}'s Primal Reversion!\nIt reverted to its Primal Form!",@battlers[index].pbThis))
    PBDebug.log("[#{@battlers[index].pbThis} Primal Evolved]")
    @battlers[index].pbAbilitiesOnSwitchIn(true) if !ignoreabilities
  end
end

Insert that somewhere in your scripts, then add the following code near the end of your simultaneous sendout subroutine (I have it before the line with Vectors everywhere) :
Code:
# Primal Reversion
@battle.pbPrimalReversion(@battle.battlers[2].index,true) if @battle.doublebattle

It might not be the way it works in the games, but it ends up Primal Reverting the second guy at the end of the simultaneous sendout, then continuing as normal. However, it's a special Primal Reversion that ignores the switch-in ability-check, since the game will perform it again anyway and we don't need it activating the ability twice.

Courtland

"It's time for the Revelation..." - Pokemon Doomsd
Years
How come no matter how much I scale the POKEMONSPRITESCALE, non animated Pokemon are still giant.

Luka S.J.

Jealous Croatian
Years
How come no matter how much I scale the POKEMONSPRITESCALE, non animated Pokemon are still giant.

[S-HIGHLIGHT][NOTE: When adding custom/new sprites into your game, and if you're using this battle system, make sure the sprites have equal width and height. Also make sure that they are in the 1*1 pixel resolution, instead of Essential's usual (upscaled) 2*2 pixel resolution.][/S-HIGHLIGHT]

No matter how much I say this, you'll ignore it.

POKEMONSPRITESCALE is a global configuration, which means it will be applied to all sprites. If you have the animated sprites following the EB format, and static sprites following the classic Essentials format, yes, no matter how much you change it, the two styles won't match. They can't match since they don't match as standalone png files, and you should be able to deduce that from simple common sense. You have to edit your static pngs so that they follow the same scaling set up as your animated ones. And that's completely your problem.

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Sep 14, 2015
Hi, i'm new here, Luka i really want to try the battle elite but all the links are not working.

ShinxHero

Main Director of Pokémon VSLP
Years
This is awesome, but my only issue is with the gif to png...
In my case, it says it can't download it due to a virus being on there. Is there something else I could use?

Years
This is awesome, but my only issue is with the gif to png...
In my case, it says it can't download it due to a virus being on there. Is there something else I could use?

There's not a virus. It says there may be a virus because it's not by a known trustworthy publisher so it can't guarantee it's virus free, and thus it errs on the side of caution. It's not detecting a virus, it just doesn't know that it's not a virus. Perfectly safe.

Years
  • Age 44
  • Seen Dec 1, 2017
Error:
Spoiler:

Last edited:
Back