• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Elite four a bit over levled?

BeachBoy

S P A R K of madness
Years
  • Platinum spoiler warning... (Deals with Platinum's Elite Four, as reported by PokéBeach, don't read if you don't want to be spoiled.)
    Spoiler:

KH.fanatic

Lover of Fire Pokemon
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Mar 19, 2011
    Even though it did take me two tries to get through the E4, I enjoyed the challenge. Actually, they could be even a little bit higher...

Roronoa Zolo

Three Sword Master
    Years
  • Platinum spoiler warning... (Deals with Platinum's Elite Four, as reported by PokéBeach, don't read if you don't want to be spoiled.)
    Spoiler:

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO >_<
    Its just ruined the whole point of lvl grinding >.<
    phew, seems Elite four will be easier to whoop now than the DP one's 0.o

YAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Flint finally got some good fire type *claps*
    man if they just made the lvl's higher it would have been a better challenge >_<

BeachBoy

S P A R K of madness
    Years
  • NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO >_<
    Its just ruined the whole point of lvl grinding >.<
    phew, seems Elite four will be easier to whoop now than the DP one's 0.o

YAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Flint finally got some good fire type *claps*
    man if they just made the lvl's higher it would have been a better challenge >_<

Actually, I take back that it'll be easier. Because after some gameplay, the AI has definitely been increased, so don't underestimate them this go around.

edit:

Ralts 42;
    AI stands for Artificial intelligence, aka the game's "computer player"

Last edited:

Roronoa Zolo

Three Sword Master
    Years
  • Actually, I take back that it'll be easier. Because after some gameplay, the AI has definitely been increased, so don't underestimate them this go around.

edit:

Ralts 42;
    AI stands for Artificial intelligence, aka the game's "computer player"

I see, i can't wait for this game. >_<
    So excited, I wish it can the emerald match call feature :D

Mudkipboi

The Mudkip Whisperer
    Years
    • Seen Sep 6, 2009
    I like it the way it is. It's challenging, but not too challenging, you know?

aricarrot

Jedi Knight
    Years
  • I think the D/P Elite Four was significantly tougher than any previous generation-- you have to admit, there's a lot more AI going on there! But I still beat them on my first try so it wasn't an unfair change.

An-chan

Whoops.
    Years
  • I was kinda suprised about the Elite Four. Diamond is the first Pokémon game I've ever played and I thought they would surely beat the life out of me like my dear rival once did, mut not once did I die when fighting them. They did give me a heck of a fight, though, because when I faced Aaron, my three best Pokémon were on lv 50 and the other three were lv 45-46. At the end of every battle, I had at least two of my poor Pokémon KO'd, mut I still managed to beat them all using only 25 Hyper Potions, almost 15 Super Potions, 30 Revival Herbs etc etc

Cynthia almost had me, because all of her darn Pokémon knew Earthquake... I managed to win her Garchomp (lv 66) with my Staraptor (lv 46!!), so I'd say the most important thing really, really is tactics. No way would any of my other Pokémon have beaten that Garchomp of hers!

BakingBluePotatoe

The Red Death Alchemist
    Years
  • I hear Platinum's E4 gets in the SEVENTIES the second time (much like FR/LG)

But yeah, The E4 was like jumping across a foot long puddle for me. Piece of cake.

ShyRayq

Unprofessional Unprofessional
    Years
    • Seen Apr 2, 2024
    yeh
    when you battle the elite four the second time in platinum
    they have the SAME pokemon but higher levels
    i think thats boring
    couldn't they at least have a few different pokemon???

divine wrath

Rock Lobster
    Years
  • i think their levels are too low in my personal opinion i think that they should be around level 70s and then they might be somewhat of a challenge

Ooka

[font=Maven Pro][color=#A75EE2]Cosmic[/color][/fon
    Years
  • Well, I believe that the levels have been picked perfectly right. They aren't too high, so that the unexperienced players are able to beat it, but at the same time they aren't too low, which might let the more advanced players have just a bit of fun.

Years
    • Seen Feb 10, 2014
    I had some trouble when I took them on at level 50, but then again, I didn't bring any items or... good Pokemon. I'm exited to face them with my favorite team now.

Yu_&_Rei

♪Its Quiz Time!♪
    Years
  • your pokemon should be at least around level 55 or over and you need to bring in the right types, have at least a fire, grass, water, ice, and dark type with you. and if possible an electric type.

Lord Yawgmoth

Lord of all Phyrexia
    Years
  • I would like it if they brought back the FR/LG rematch option, because that was awesome and tossed a few surprises out at 'ya.
    The Sinnoh league was moderately easy, though that cursed Bronzong took a while to kill, mainly because it resisted my Gyarados' main attacks. >=/
    Garchomp was surprisingly easy, Empoleon completely destroyed it with Ice Beam, while it D Rushed me randomly.

Back