• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[EM] Battle Engine Upgrade (On Halt, Will undergo reboot!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

LCCoolJ95

Limited Capacity
Years
  • You change EXPSHARE_FLAG and DISABLED_EXP_FLAG to whatever flags you want to use. Then you have to set those flags if you want to enable them. You can do so in a script by using "setflag 0x900" for example. For help with scripting here is an excellent tutorial you can read: https://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=164276
    But WHERE?? Where is the script? Where do I include this flag? How does it show up? Is it really difficult for someone to answer that question? Like, seriously, it's ridiculous.

Trainer 781

But WHERE?? Where is the script? Where do I include this flag? How does it show up? Is it really difficult for someone to answer that question? Like, seriously, it's ridiculous.

Use safe flags instead of 0x900 and 0x0. And replace 0x900 and 0x0 accordingly.
    And just use a script to set the first safe flag to 1.

LCCoolJ95

Limited Capacity
    Years
  • If you want you can use an already set flag to make exp share always on. Flag 8C0 works (Running shoes flag).
    ...how come the guys who actually created this, their advice didn't work. But someone I don't know actually gives useful advice? Also, this broke Double Battles with Trainers. Yet it works with Battle Frontier Trainers. And don't give me that "your fault" excuse. I just checked with the patch up now, and the one I'm working on. The patch works, but the one with the current engine doesn't. k den

Last edited:

Trainer 781

...how come the guys who actually created this, their advice didn't work. But someone I don't know actually gives useful advice? Also, this broke Double Battles with Trainers. And also, don't give me that "your fault" excuse. I just checked with the patch up now, and the one I'm working on. The patch works, but the one with the current engine doesn't. k den

What patch are you talking about?

Years
  • ...how come the guys who actually created this, their advice didn't work. But someone I don't know actually gives useful advice? Also, this broke Double Battles with Trainers. Yet it works with Battle Frontier Trainers. And don't give me that "your fault" excuse. I just checked with the patch up now, and the one I'm working on. The patch works, but the one with the current engine doesn't. k den

Are you seriously retarded? You don't know how to set a flag?
    What patch are you even talking about?

LCCoolJ95

Limited Capacity
    Years
  • What patch are you talking about?
    My game, Theta Emerald EX. The one posted on my thread has double battles working fine, no matter if it's a regular Trainer or a Battle Frontier Trainer. But I updated the game using the engine, without touching anything, and double battles with regular Trainers doesn't work anymore. Battle Frontier Trainer Double Battles still work though.

Years
  • It may be better to use another flag to turn it on and off when the hacker finds it necessary. I have no problem with double wild and trainers battle.

Trainer 781

My game, Theta Emerald EX. The one posted on my thread has double battles working fine, no matter if it's a regular Trainer or a Battle Frontier Trainer. But I updated the game using the engine, without touching anything, and double battles with regular Trainers doesn't work anymore. Battle Frontier Trainer Double Battles still work though.

Send the patch and save. I'll look into it.

Gamer2020

Accept no Imitations!
    Years
  • ...how come the guys who actually created this, their advice didn't work. But someone I don't know actually gives useful advice? Also, this broke Double Battles with Trainers. Yet it works with Battle Frontier Trainers. And don't give me that "your fault" excuse. I just checked with the patch up now, and the one I'm working on. The patch works, but the one with the current engine doesn't. k den
    How come everytime you try something it doesn't work but it works for everyone else? Don't give us the "I followed directions excuse" k den

Years
    • Seen Feb 1, 2023
    You need to have exp share in your bag. The EXPSHARE_FLAG is a flag that must be set for it to work too. The choice which flag to use is left to a hacker.
    Same with DISABLED_EXP_FLAG. If it's set, the exp is temporally disabled.

...how come the guys who actually created this, their advice didn't work. But someone I don't know actually gives useful advice? ... k den

How come every time you try something it doesn't work but it works for everyone else? Don't give us the "I followed directions excuse" k den

To be completely fair, I was confused right with LC and had no idea what Dizzy meant at first either. I thought he meant "tell the py scripts what flags to use; zero means 'unset'", not "tell the py scripts, then set those flags in the game." Took me a good while to figure it out, tbh. Glad it's cleared up now. (k den)

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Feb 1, 2023
    Now that that's been solved..... I've found another bug! :P

I'm battling Sigilyph with an Electivire. Electivire uses Thunderpunch but misses. I've quoted you both because I don't know where the problem actually lies, but I'm posting here because my best guess is that it's the Engine. :P

According to serebii.net, Sigilyph has 3 abilities: Wonder Skin, Magic Guard, and Tinted Lens. Idk which 2 abilities LC gave it by default, nor do I know which ability the one I'm battling has, but, of the 3, the one that seems most likely is Wonder Skin. It makes "non-damaging moves that are targeted at this Pokémon have the accuracy of 50%." But Thunderpunch is a damaging move, so its accuracy shouldn't be affected... I could of course be way off and it could be the result of something else, but this seems most likely to me.

This is the Winona boss battle, Fortree Gym, Pkmn Theta Emerald EX. I'll even try to post a savestate. Edit: this is not the new version posted yesterday, but should be the previous one.

DizzyEgg; said:
    LCCoolJ95; said:

Last edited:
    Years
  • Now that that's been solved..... I've found another bug! :P

I'm battling Sigilyph with an Electivire. Electivire uses Thunderpunch but misses. I've quoted you both because I don't know where the problem actually lies, but I'm posting here because my best guess is that it's the Engine. :P

According to serebii.net, Sigilyph has 3 abilities: Wonder Skin, Magic Guard, and Tinted Lens. Idk which 2 abilities LC gave it by default, nor do I know which ability the one I'm battling has, but, of the 3, the one that seems most likely is Wonder Skin. It makes "non-damaging moves that are targeted at this Pokémon have the accuracy of 50%." But Thunderpunch is a damaging move, so its accuracy shouldn't be affected... I could of course be way off and it could be the result of something else, but this seems most likely to me.

This is the Winona boss battle, Fortree Gym, Pkmn Theta Emerald EX. I'll even try to post a savestate.

Yeah you were right, I forgot that Wonder Skin only affects non-damaging moves. Should be fixed now.

Years
    • Seen Mar 19, 2024
    DizzyEgg, I think I find a little bug in the battle engine. When a pokemon uses the move thief in a wild battle, the item is stolen (I can see the stolen item held by my pokemon in pokemon menu). But after battle the item dissapears.

I'm testing it and this happens when #define ITEM_STEAL is false, if #define ITEM_STEAL is true the item doesn't dissapear after battle. By the description in config file of battle engine I understand that only afect to trainers battles, no to wild battles, or am I wrong?

Years
    • Seen Feb 1, 2023
    Yeah you were right, I forgot that Wonder Skin only affects non-damaging moves. Should be fixed now.
    Great! It's awesome how fast you guys fix these things :)

DizzyEgg, I think I find a little bug in the battle engine. When a pokemon uses the move thief in a wild battle, the item is stolen (I can see the stolen item held by my pokemon in pokemon menu). But after battle the item dissapears.

I'm testing it and this happens when #define ITEM_STEAL is false, if #define ITEM_STEAL is true the item doesn't dissapear after battle. By the description in config file of battle engine I understand that only afect to trainers battles, no to wild battles, or am I wrong?

I saw something similar with Trick, although mine was a trainer battle. Should my item be lost for Trick too?

Years
    • Seen Feb 16, 2017
    er..im not sure if its a problem or sumthin but, when battling darmanitan in wild (either the zen mode/normal one) and the battle ends with the opposing darmanitan fainted, theres a creepy, straight out of exorcist, glitched up image of it overlapping the hp bar of my pokemon..? er but the the zen mode ability works and idk anything about programming

Panda Face

Pokemon Ultra Snowy White
    Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2022
    How to make triple battle in emerald? Can you share us by hex code? Not ASM code, because I don't know how to use ASM, I know how to use winhex only.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back