• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[EM] Battle Engine Upgrade (On Halt, Will undergo reboot!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trainer 781

How do we Enable the Mega Rayquaza evolution in G3T

Add this line:
    FC=Wish Mega Evolution

in the Customizations.ini file.

Then in the evolutions tab set the 'Condition' to 'Wish Mega Evolution'. And nothing required to the index of move in decimal required to trigger the wish mega evolution.

Years
    • Seen Feb 22, 2023
    I have driven my experiments further and tested plain speed values for now, one problem accuring is integer division:
    http://puu.sh/qGNfn/ab87185d33.png
    This should mathematically be 75 / 60, but because of inaccurate division it is not. This mathematical flaw could be compensated with adding artificial accuracy (I don't know how to implement floats or how to use them correctly with what the engine provides)

So, what I did is in the get_speed(u8 bank) routine I changed the first line and the last:
    Code:
    u32 speed = battle_participants[bank].spd << 16
    //calculations
    return (u16)(speed >> 16)
    those additional 16 bits of accuracy are enough for most situations, and if not, they at least enhance the precision by a lot. In my case it was enough to pass the test: http://puu.sh/qGNC6/10bb9c738e.png

~SBird

pokefreak890

The One that will make everything great
    Years
    • Seen May 18, 2023
    can someone please show me like a video tutorial or something to get it to work im still failing when i do the python scripts//build thing i get a folder named build is that supposed to happen? but immeaditley afterwards i cant type into cmd so i have to force exit the application

rickonstark

the forgotten son
    Years
  • can someone please show me like a video tutorial or something to get it to work im still failing when i do the python scripts//build thing i get a folder named build is that supposed to happen? but immeaditley afterwards i cant type into cmd so i have to force exit the application

you should get a build folder after that command then wait until you can type again in cmd. when in doubt just press ctrl+c in cmd and it should cancel its process.

Years
    • Seen Dec 3, 2016
    How can I make this work on Pokemon Glazed? after inserting the engine the test version just show white screen..

Trainer 781

How can I make this work on Pokemon Glazed? after inserting the engine the test version just show white screen..

Try changing the offset to insert to x1F00000 from xF00000 given in the instructions in the main post.

Years
    • Seen Dec 7, 2022
    Can we apply this to theta emerald... tried different offsets but game freezes

Years
    • Seen Dec 3, 2016
    It Worked...
    but the thing is... after recieving the first pokemon, it has no move available...

so it crashes at the start of the first battle

Trainer 781

Trainer 781

but the thing is... after recieving the first pokemon, it has no move available...

so it crashes at the start of the first battle

Okay, I made it work on Glazed. Set the offset in the insert script to x1F00000 and in the linker file file to x9F00000. So in general, what you set in insert file, you add x8000000 to it and set the resultant value. in the linker file. I'll update the instructions in OP.
    Same thing goes for Theta Emerald I think.

Learnsets and also Move Tutor moves
    Use PGE for these. Currently, G3T doesn't support the new learnset style.

Years
    • Seen Dec 7, 2022
    Okay, I made it work on Glazed. Set the offset in the insert script to x1F00000 and in the linker file file to x9F00000. So in general, what you set in insert file, you add x8000000 to it and set the resultant value. in the linker file. I'll update the instructions in OP.
    Same thing goes for Theta Emerald I think.

Thanks but it doesn't seem to work for Theta Emerald.

MrDollSteak

Formerly known as 11bayerf1
    Years
  • Not sure about the balls though. Might save it for the last.
    I'll leave Shiny Charm to the hacker. But if there are a good no. of demands I might consider adding the balls and the charm..

I think if you do include Balls it should be done as an optional feature like the removal of Pokemon encryption as it breaks save files.

Another feature I was thinking we should port would be the breeding fixes and the 6th gen IV generation. Although it's not specifically battle related, it does have an effect on competitive battling.

Hidden abilities would be good too. I'll work on porting some of these in addition to the current animations I'm doing!

Trainer 781

I think if you do include Balls it should be done as an optional feature like the removal of Pokemon encryption as it breaks save files.

Another feature I was thinking we should port would be the breeding fixes and the 6th gen IV generation. Although it's not specifically battle related, it does have an effect on competitive battling.

Hidden abilities would be good too. I'll work on porting some of these in addition to the current animations I'm doing!

I'll make the optional features customizable in the python scripts itself.
    Breeding fixes also look important. We should dicuss this in detail whenever we meet on chat.

Years
  • I think if you do include Balls it should be done as an optional feature like the removal of Pokemon encryption as it breaks save files.

Why do new Pokeballs break save files? That would break compatibility with consoles as well then, yes?

BluRose

blu rass
    Years
  • Why do new Pokeballs break save files? That would break compatibility with consoles as well then, yes?
    it breaks save files like pokemon encryption breaks save files: by restructuring a part of the pokemon data to include more poke ball slots
    the existing pokemon then have the index of their original ball x2, and this places some of the higher original indexes out-of-bounds

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back