• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[EM] Battle Engine Upgrade (On Halt, Will undergo reboot!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trainer 781

If I install this to a unmodified Rombase, there wouldnt be any problem right? i mean installing this to the 1.0 emerald rom...
Nope. No problem at all.

Hey KDS, Lava Plume is missing it's description bytes so it and every move after it uses the move description that comes after it. Also, PGE keeps throwing out errors when certain moves from gen 4-6 are selected. DizzyEgg told me to ask you about it.

Thanks for taking time to spot these! The contest data was misaligned a bit. So the errors were coming from the contest tab. It is fixed now except for Grass Knot and Bestow.
Though you can still alter their move data but not the contest data.
Also added the Lava Plume description.

i dont know what i'm doing wrong but i tried to do mega-evolution in a vanilla rom and set the keystone to be potion(0x0D),blue shard as the mega stone and set 1/2 to 139 and extra to kyogre(404), and set mega for mudkip to kyogre and revert kyogre to mudkip, but nothing seems to be happening in battle when i let mudkip hold the blue shard and press the start button . i even made potion a key item but it still doesnt work.
I forget to mention this thing. The pokemon index in the extra field should be hex (i.e 00000194 in your case)

Just an appreciation post.
Thank you.

I'll help this project tangentially by starting to contribute to the emerald Sprite base with MrDs and I will try to do some animations if I have time.

Thank you
Thanks! If you want to contribute to animations, try to get in touch with MrDS before attempting an animation. Otherwise what will happen that both of you and MrDS might start working on an animation for the same move individually, which will waste effort and time.

Also, I've got the Mega Trigger to light up on pressing the Start button, thanks to Touched's code. Download the latest build to see the effect.

MrDollSteak

Formerly known as 11bayerf1
Years
Just an appreciation post.
Thank you.

I'll help this project tangentially by starting to contribute to the emerald Sprite base with Mr Ds and I will try to do some animations if I have time.

Thank you

I'm not sure what you mean by Emerald sprite base.
If you want to do move animations, contact me saying which ones you want to do. I would say not to bother with Gen 4, because I'll finish it soon. So probably focus on Gens 5 and 6.

MrDollSteak

Formerly known as 11bayerf1
Years
Edit: Another thing I don't quite get is why you need a hook for the animation of power trick etc. Is there anything special I don't get about those types of moves, sure you need to hardcoded the effect but the animation?

I believe its for Power Swap, Guard Swap and Skill Swap. Basically certain move animations have branches to ASM code that loads their palettes instead of just buffering them correctly in the move animation format. So what I've done is just add a custom branch to the ASM routine called by Skill Swap so that I can load the modified palettes for Power Swap and Guard Swap.

I'll be doing the same thing for Sludge Wave as well.

Trainer 781

Then try disabling the key stone by changing line 65 of mega_activation.c in the src folder to:
return (res && check_megastone(bank));

Hence, removing the keystone check.

Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen Sep 25, 2022
Mega Evolution worked for me Perfectly, I'd like to ask if Primal Reversion Is implemented here?

odoodo

School Kid
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Jan 7, 2017
ok.. it works now. but only up until the mega species is celebi, the ? pokes seems to mess up the index in g3t thats why i cant mega evolve to kyogre earlier.

Trainer 781

ok.. it works now. but only up until the mega species is celebi, the ? pokes seems to mess up the index in g3t thats why i cant mega evolve to kyogre earlier.

Thanks for spotting this. G3T works fine. There was some problem in the code that mega evolution can only happen if the mega species has an index less than 256 (a byte). Now it is resolved. Redownload.

Last edited:
Years
Looking at the damagecalc.c, wouldnt it make sense to check for supereffective reducing berries right before critical hits? Maybe like:

case ITEM_EFFECT_ROSELI_BERRY:
if (move_type == TYPE_FAIRY && (battle_participants[def_bank].item_id == item_roseli_berry))
{
modifier = chain_modifier(modifier, quality_atk_modifier);
}
break;

Where the attack modifier decreases the modifier by 1/2?
Forgive me if I don't understand, this is my first comb through of the code.

Last edited:

Trainer 781

Looking at the damagecalc.c, wouldnt it make sense to check for supereffective reducing berries right before critical hits? Maybe like:

case ITEM_EFFECT_ROSELI_BERRY:
if (move_type == TYPE_FAIRY && (battle_participants[def_bank].item_id == item_roseli_berry))
{
modifier = chain_modifier(modifier, quality_atk_modifier);
}
break;

Where the attack modifier decreases the modifier by 1/2?
Forgive me if I don't understand, this is my first comb through of the code.

It is not implemented yet. It will go after the life orb modifier. Acc, to this link which we are following:
http://www.smogon.com/bw/articles/bw_complete_damage_formula

odoodo

School Kid
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Jan 7, 2017
so i tried mega evolution in link battle and it seems to only work in the server side, the client doesnt even see the poke mega evolve. also, explosion seems to prevent the opp from moving when i switch to another poke when im faster. odd

edit: tried it in a vanilla rom, it does prevent the opp from moving. but not in oras, the opp would miss atk or hav free setup, might be a glitch in gen3 games

Last edited:

LCCoolJ95

Limited Capacity
Years
Decided to download this, and it looks pretty cool. But I'm just wondering about how to edit the movesets of Pokémon. I wanted to edit some of them, but this happened (I'm using the latest version of Pokémon Game Editor):
Spoiler:

Is there any way I can go about fixing this?

Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Mar 15, 2024
Decided to download this, and it looks pretty cool. But I'm just wondering about how to edit the movesets of Pokémon. I wanted to edit some of them, but this happened (I'm using the latest version of Pokémon Game Editor):
Spoiler:

Is there any way I can go about fixing this?

How about you try using G3T, I always use it when PGE doesn't.

Trainer 781

so i tried mega evolution in link battle and it seems to only work in the server side, the client doesnt even see the poke mega evolve. also, explosion seems to prevent the opp from moving when i switch to another poke when im faster. odd

edit: tried it in a vanilla rom, it does prevent the opp from moving. but not in oras, the opp would miss atk or hav free setup, might be a glitch in gen3 games

Currently, the Mega Evolution does not work for link battles properly.
Is the explosion bug present in link battles or normal battle too?

Spoiler:
Spoiler:

sonicfan7895

Just a dude, I guess
Years
I'm loving the changes to the engine! It's truly what I feel has been missing in Emerald for a very long time.

I have a couple of n00b questions, though I think they are legitimate:

1) Will this work with any rombase that has expanded mons and Dexes? I feel like this would be amazing and give more of a "feel" as though I were playing a "Delta Emerald" of sorts, and

2) Will this (and any extended mon/dex rombase combined) work with the Universal Pokemon Randomizer? I am genuinely curious; I feel it wouldn't work because it would mean editing the program in itself, but could it potentially work? Plus, it would be interesting to see what moves come about in a Randomizer Locke challenge, considering all the new options available in the latest version.

Years
I'm loving the changes to the engine! It's truly what I feel has been missing in Emerald for a very long time.

Glad you liked it. :)

1) Will this work with any rombase that has expanded mons and Dexes? I feel like this would be amazing and give more of a "feel" as though I were playing a "Delta Emerald" of sorts, and

Yes, it will. The only thing that you have to do is to change pointers in the bpee or defines file. Not sure which one it is, because KDS has recently changed it. :P
Gonna update the OP to make it clear.

2) Will this (and any extended mon/dex rombase combined) work with the Universal Pokemon Randomizer? I am genuinely curious; I feel it wouldn't work because it would mean editing the program in itself, but could it potentially work? Plus, it would be interesting to see what moves come about in a Randomizer Locke challenge, considering all the new options available in the latest version.

I'm not exactly sure how the tool works, but my guess is, it could work to an extent, basically randomizing only abilities and moves from gen3 and not higher. If it's possible, I would contact the creator and ask him if he could implement a feature to allow randomization of expanded roms.

Also, I love all Locke challenges, so if you ever make a run using this Engine, let me know how it goes haha

sonicfan7895

Just a dude, I guess
Years
The only thing that you have to do is to change pointers in the bpee or defines file. Not sure which one it is, because KDS has recently changed it. :P
Gonna update the OP to make it clear.

I'm not exactly sure how the tool works, but my guess is, it could work to an extent, basically randomizing only abilities and moves from gen3 and not higher. If it's possible, I would contact the creator and ask him if he could implement a feature to allow randomization of expanded roms.

Also, I love all Locke challenges, so if you ever make a run using this Engine, let me know how it goes haha

Ahh. I'll make a copy of test.gba and see if I can get that to work.

I just sent the creator of UPR a message from his website, so hopefully I'll get a reply soon.

You actually just gave me the idea to do a run like this. Challenge accepted, my friend!

I think I shall coin the term "Expandlocke". :P

EDIT: I think I may want to wait until the creator of UPR decides if he wants to implement ROM base options or expanded ROM options before I do this run. I kinda wanted to see how moves outside of Gen 3 would do in this type of run. However, if you're not worried about that, I can still go ahead with the run, if you want. :)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back