• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen Emerald and its impact on OR/AS?

Years
    • Seen Jul 16, 2014
    As probably already stated by someone before now. It's unlikely that we will see anything to do with the third game.
    They remade red and blue into Fire red and Leaf Green. Without a Follow up from Pokemon Yellow.
    They remade Silver and Gold to Heart Gold and Soul Silver. Without upgrading Crystal which was a fabulous game might i add.
    So it's quite unlikely that they would break this habit for the next in line.

Years
  • Third generation is such a huge cash cow and such an easy profit I really wouldn't be surprised if they released Delta Emerald.

This, as well as making it take place in the future of Hoenn, are the only plausible reasons for developing Delta Emerald. Though, I do think the former is a bit unnecessary, and it would be much simpler from Game Freak if they made ORAS contain some of the popular features from Emerald. It's highly unlikely that they leave those features out of Ruby and Sapphire's remakes just to make one for Emerald.

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
    Years
  • This, as well as making it take place in the future of Hoenn, are the only plausible reasons for developing Delta Emerald. Though, I do think the former is a bit unnecessary, and it would be much simpler from Game Freak if they made ORAS contain some of the popular features from Emerald. It's highly unlikely that they leave those features out of Ruby and Sapphire's remakes just to make one for Emerald.

As many people like to say now in days: GF has become (more) unpredictable lately. So who knows what they may do with Emerald's story and features...

Years
    • Seen Feb 12, 2022
    As probably already stated by someone before now. It's unlikely that we will see anything to do with the third game.
    They remade red and blue into Fire red and Leaf Green. Without a Follow up from Pokemon Yellow.
    They remade Silver and Gold to Heart Gold and Soul Silver. Without upgrading Crystal which was a fabulous game might i add.
    So it's quite unlikely that they would break this habit for the next in line.

Yellow was a one-off game. As for Crystal, its ideas and story were easily implemented into HGSS. However, that's a little bit trickier to do with ORAS. Not saying it's going to happen, though, just pointing this one out.

Salzorrah

[font=Montserrat][b][color=#66CC66]g[/color][color
    Years
  • Yeah, If an Emerald remake does happen, it's more likely they do it a sequel rather than a remake. I don't get why you need to remake a remake. It's just silly.

Years
  • Technically, Emerald is classed as an enhanced remake of Ruby and Sapphire.

It's more of an enhanced edition. The definition of a video game remake includes being made using technology far different, or superior to the original. Since Emerald was on the same system it only counts as a enhancement.

sean777

Poke veteren since red version
    Years
    • Seen Dec 21, 2014
    How good would it be if delta emerald was on wii u. I know it's unlikely but would be amazing!

JDJ

Vulpix Breeder, Shiny Hunter
    Years
    • NH
    • Seen Nov 19, 2015
    A little odd to throw it on an entirely different system don't ya think?

Not that odd at all to be honest. Im sure many people would play an actual badge collecting, elite four stomping HD console release. And it could be easily compatible with Pokebank. Thus being able to trade over your favorite events/shinys/legends and use them in and environment you actually care about on console (Sorry Battle Revolution). And I know nintendo has being messing around with the idea of the 3DS being compatible with the Wii U in some way similar to how sony plans to use the PS Vita with PS4, so I think trading and possibly even battling from 3DS to console might be possible. But to be perfectly honest, I think Delta Emerald is probably just the name of the accompanying TCG set. Although I hope I'm proven wrong.

Years
  • Not that odd at all to be honest. Im sure many people would play an actual badge collecting, elite four stomping HD console release. And it could be easily compatible with Pokebank. Thus being able to trade over your favorite events/shinys/legends and use them in and environment you actually care about on console (Sorry Battle Revolution). And I know nintendo has being messing around with the idea of the 3DS being compatible with the Wii U in some way similar to how sony plans to use the PS Vita with PS4, so I think trading and possibly even battling from 3DS to console might be possible. But to be perfectly honest, I think Delta Emerald is probably just the name of the accompanying TCG set. Although I hope I'm proven wrong.

That would be cool actually. Though, it would greatly overshadow the remakes of the original pair seeing how they can do so much more on the Wii U than on the 3DS, both graphically and game play wise...

sean777

Years
    • Seen Dec 21, 2014
    Could also save the wii u tbh, imagine how many people would buy one just for that game!

Years
  • Now that's a concept I haven't heard of. Revamping a handheld Pokemon game entirely to revolutionize it into a bestseller for Wii U. Sounds like 'so crazy it just might work' scenario, haha. Honestly, I'd like to see them do something like that, although it maybe because I'm such a gigantic fan of all the Colosseum spin-offs.

Years
  • Although having one of the main Pokemon games (even if it's just a "third version" or a "remake" or w/e) on a home console would be unique, I can't see it happening with an Emerald remake. Certainly, having a main game on the Wii U could help convince people to buy one, but if the game that were available were a remake AND a "third" version of games already available for the 3DS, I can't see many people purchasing a Wii U just to get it. If the Wii U were doing better sales-wise then I could see GF making the Emerald remake for it, but as that's not the case I'm skeptical it'll happen :< I'd also rather have the main games stay on the handhelds and only have spinoffs like Colo and XD available for the home consoles, but that's my own preference.

Last edited:

Salzorrah

[font=Montserrat][b][color=#66CC66]g[/color][color
    Years
  • I just cant see a main game be attributed to a home console like the Wii U. Unless, Nintendo becomes desperate and ports the handheld games to the Wii U >.>

sean777

Years
    • Seen Dec 21, 2014
    Wait just thought about those amibo figures nintendo are releasing as well how good would it be to have event pokemon work across those things. Like you put the amibo on the game pad then you can access the event! And with poke bank plus the fact the 3ds would easily connect there's no issue for connectivity to be a problem. This could be a big money maker combined with the amibo characters I think! Shame it will probably be tcg!

Years
  • Amiibo does bring quite a few interesting scenarios to the table, especially for Pokemon. I think it'd be super fun if they found away to use them for event-mons, but so far the small amount of information we've gotten about these figurines points towards them being incompatible with handheld consoles. So, that may be incentive enough for them to bring a main series Pokemon game to Wii U - but I doubt that game will be an Emerald remake.

Years
    • Seen Aug 18, 2016
    I would not be opposed to an Emerald-style game taking place two years after ORAS. That would at least give them more credibility than (we just wanted to remake Emerald, too).

Years
  • Wait just thought about those amibo figures nintendo are releasing as well how good would it be to have event pokemon work across those things. Like you put the amibo on the game pad then you can access the event! And with poke bank plus the fact the 3ds would easily connect there's no issue for connectivity to be a problem. This could be a big money maker combined with the amibo characters I think! Shame it will probably be tcg!

I brought up the toys some time before they were officially announced (there was the rumor) and hoped back then that they will use them. I still hope they do. Maybe have the game come with with a Amiibo reader?

In all honesty I wouldn't want a sequel to Hoenn...mainly because it'll feel strange to have to play other character who aren't Brendan and May. I missed the Unova BW Protagonists during B2W2. So if there is ever a sequel to Hoenn I hope it'll be as part of another generation that starts in a different region like GSC was to RGB.
    So I'll rather have a classic Emerald remake if they are to make it.

Btw today I was looking at the Embedded tower page in Bulbapedia and noticed something about the signs that appear for the three. If one only looks at the bottom section Kyogre's sign looks like the Alpha sign on it's forehead, meanwhile with Groudon's you get something that look like a little step pyramid but if rounded it looks just like the Omega sign, and Rayquaza has something ^ shaped, which if you connect the last parts form the Delta symbol. So in the end all their symbols really fit them quite well...wonder if GF did it on purpose or if it was a coincidence.

Back