• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

End Of The World???

Status
Not open for further replies.
    Years
    • Seen Jan 15, 2011
    what about that person who predicted many things like 9/11 etc.

didn't that guy predict the destruction of the world?

As well as being really specific, that's a reliable nugget of information you've sourced there.

Gummy

by fire be P U R G E D
    Years
    what about that person who predicted many things like 9/11 etc.

didn't that guy predict the destruction of the world?

I believe you're talking about Nostradamus. I just love it how everyone talks about the predictions that come true but never the hundreds that don't.

.:LemonTea:.

omg. heart attack. o.o
    Years
    This thread has inspired me to eat one more of my extremely high-fat cookies, so I won't feel insanely bad if the world ends. I would be able to have one of my favorite cookies before that happened! :D

----

My friend was discussing that the other day, and she said that a minority group of Chinese horsemen wrote stuff on a wall talking about a weapon that could destroy a city (WW2) and two towers burning to the ground (9/11). The writing ended at the date 2012. xD;

txteclipse

The Last
    Years
    I'm sorry, but this thread makes me laugh. It's really truly not going to do us any good to know when the world will end. What are we going to do, prepare for annihalation? To what end and what purpose, may I ask?

Vegeta575747

Call Me Noob And I'll PwN YoU
    Years
    • Seen Mar 24, 2008
    Well if you follow the Bible then it pretty much tells you whats gonna happen when the world ends

Years
    • Seen Mar 21, 2008
    since so many people say that it's just BS and it's not gonna happen, I'm gonna be special and say that it will... why? not telling :P figure it out yourself.

yellowparrot

Advanced Trainer
    Years
    Allow me to place a quote from Ghostbusters.

Dr. Peter Venkman: This city is headed for a disaster of biblical proportions.
    Mayor: What do you mean, "biblical"?
    Dr. Raymond Stantz: What he means is Old Testament, Mr. Mayor, real wrath-of-God type stuff. Fire and brimstone coming down from the sky! Rivers and seas boiling!
    Dr. Egon Spengler: Forty years of darkness! Earthquakes, volcanoes...
    Winston Zeddmore: The dead rising from the grave!
    Dr. Peter Venkman: Human sacrifice, dogs and cats living together - MASS HYSTERIA!
    Mayor: Enough! I get the point! And what if you're wrong?
    Dr. Peter Venkman: If we're wrong, then nothing happens. We'll go to jail. Peacefully. Quietly. We'll enjoy it. But if we're right, and we can stop this thing... Lenny... you will have saved the lives of millions of registered voters.

To me, this seems like the kind of "end of the world" stuff we're talking about.

Sakura-Katana

Team Rocket Executive
    Years
    "End of the world" predictions have been discovered as far back as 2800 B.C.E. They all have a perfect track record: 100% wrong, 100% of the time.

/Circa

a face in the clouds.
    Years
    Isn't the sun suppose to die out millions of years from now?
    Or the ozone layer hole supposed to become larger and we all have to wear gas masks?
    I don't beleive any of this crap, except for the first one, which is impossible to avoid.

I remember a couple of years ago, the world almost got fatally damaged, a large asteroid actually passed a few hundred kilometres from the surface of the earth, which they said was almost close enough to get dragged into the earths atmosphere. Sorry if i'm wrong?

Also, I don't remember anything that got predicted completely, obviously there would be signs?
    For katrina, wouldn't weather patterns change? Would something happen with wind patters?

I don't beleive any of this.
    I'm only year 9, so I may not be that smart?

ThatsREDCUNCULOUS!

That fat cat.
    Years
    • Seen Mar 9, 2009
    You obviously haven't seen end of ze world...have you?

"But I'm le tired"
    "then take a nap....then fire ze missles!!"

Just thought I'd lighten up this thread. =)

Gummy

by fire be P U R G E D
    Years
    Isn't the sun suppose to die out millions of years from now?
    Or the ozone layer hole supposed to become larger and we all have to wear gas masks?
    I don't beleive any of this crap, except for the first one, which is impossible to avoid.

I remember a couple of years ago, the world almost got fatally damaged, a large asteroid actually passed a few hundred kilometres from the surface of the earth, which they said was almost close enough to get dragged into the earths atmosphere. Sorry if i'm wrong?

Also, I don't remember anything that got predicted completely, obviously there would be signs?
    For katrina, wouldn't weather patterns change? Would something happen with wind patters?

I don't beleive any of this.
    I'm only year 9, so I may not be that smart?

Well, it'll take the sun billions of years to run out, so I don't think anyone has to worry about that. The thing with the ozone layer is that it protects us from UV rays that come from the sun. However, the ozone layer has the ability to fix itself if we just stop burning fossil fuels and find a new method of obtaining energy for around a century or so.

The thing about the asteroid hasn't happened yet but is predicted to happen around the year 2027. Yeah, they say if it gets too close it will eventually hit us in a few years, but this particular asteroid is only big enough to destroy one city. With the Earth covered by 70% of water, the odds are in our favor (that is, if we can evacuate before the tsunami).

It's been proven that Katrina was partly our fault. Global Warming is increasing the temperature of the ocean and hurricanes get bigger from the heat and can last longer on land. They say if we continue like this for another decade, Katrinas will be of the norm.

Hope this info clears some things up for you!

ultradarkrai

treeco tre
    Years
    Ok I was watching the History Channel today,
    And I saw that they predicted the end of the world.
    Not just in years but the exact date.
    The supposed Apocalypse is dated at December, 21 2012.
    Kinda soon don'tcha think?
    I really don't want to die that soon do you?
    Anyways The story is that some Oracles along with the Mayan Calander,
    Predicted many things that have come true.
    Such as: Katrina, That Huge Tsunami, The Twin Towers Being Bombed ect.
    Now they predicted the end of the world.
    What is supposed to happen is: The Sun, The Earth, And The Milkey Way,
    Are supposed to line up,
    And a newley discovered Black Hole in the Milkey Way,
    Is supposed to Shift the Earth in about a 45 degree angle.
    It is supposed to trigger many Huge Earthquakes.
    So do you belive it?
    NO Religious Argument Please!!!!!

Well, we didnt die on december 31 1999, we didn't die on june 6 2006, so we probably wont die now.

JX Valentine

Your aquatic overlord
    Years
    What is supposed to happen is: The Sun, The Earth, And The Milkey Way,
    Are supposed to line up,
    And a newley discovered Black Hole in the Milkey Way,
    Is supposed to Shift the Earth in about a 45 degree angle.
    It is supposed to trigger many Huge Earthquakes.
    So do you belive it?

Of course I don't believe it. Earth is obviously supposed to be demolished by the Vogons to make way for a hyperspace bypass. Clearly. Didn't anyone else read the planning charts and demolition orders? </geek>

Seriously, though, I don't believe it. I'm more likely to believe that there might be a cultural revolution taking place in 2012 ("end of the world as we know it") than galaxies lining up and the earth ball going into the corner pocket. (Although I won't get too deep into why because it's already been talked about to death, save for the fact that Chibaymega pretty much touched on it -- stars, collapsed or otherwise, just aren't close enough to do lick to us.)

Sakura-Katana

Team Rocket Executive
    Years
    All of this "December 2012" stuff is superstitious nonsense as well. I am going to laugh when that date comes and goes, and nothing happens.

Years
    • Seen Jan 15, 2011
    Though straying slightly offtopic- on the subject of "oMG SUM1 PREDICTED 9/11- no waizzz!" the person associated with it is Nostradamus.

Within hours of the actual attacks, an email circulated saying:
    "In the City of God there will be a great thunder, two brothers torn apart by chaos, while the fortress endures, the great leader will succumb." "The third big war will begin when the big city is burning." "On the 11th day of the 9th month that...two metal birds would crash into two tall statues...in the new city...and the world will end soon after"

And was quoted as Nostradamus' prophecy, from 1654. Not only was the prophecy unfindable in any of his 1954 texts, but also unfound in any of Nostradamus' remaining works. Obviously it's a fake...as well as the fact that predicting the far future is somewhat impossible. Although the psychic community used it (despite being email rubbish) as 'proof' of prophecy.

Clearly, whoever really wrote this made it up after the event- and was a sicko trying to freak people out.. which is really quite bad taste. And of course if you believe someone actually predicted a disaster... then you're really really gullible.

Sakura-Katana

Team Rocket Executive
    Years
    Nostradamus' "prophecies" are so broad and vague, something like it is bound to happen at some point. I could predict that a "great fire" will break out in a major city in the next 500 years, it will probably happen.

Crimson_Blade

Get Vegas 2 or else!
    Years
    People can say a lot of things about "oracles" and so on, but people can make things up. We shouldn't have to worry about it until the year 2012 if it's really supposed to happen. But an end to the world seems pretty unlikely to happen in the next few years.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back