• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

News: English Pokémon Ultra Sun and Moon Trailer and Famitsu interview

Star Arcana

Hope springs eternal
Years
  • Well, if I wasn't hyped before, I certainly am now! I'm really excited to see what the extended story will be like, and the post-game (of course).

I'm not a huge "catch all the legends" type of person, but yeah.

Either way, I'm likely to make my pre-order in the coming days ^-^

Years
    • Seen Nov 1, 2023
    Don't they usually have a lengendary dump at the end of every gen? If the Ultra Beasts worlds are anything like they'll do with the legendaries, I'll be glad to see it!

littlebeeb

小さなもの
    Years
  • I'm so glad Game Freak decided to shake up the regular formula with the Pokemon games ("catch 'em all", beat the gyms, thwart the bad guys trying to take over the world) and decided to go for something a little more thought provoking and compelling.

Skimming through the points that everyone in the thread has made, it's getting me super hype!! The release can't come fast enough!! :D Definitely committing to a pre-order. :3

Alexander18

Banned
    Years
    • NZ
    • Seen Dec 29, 2017
    Hopefully this would prove that USUM are decent games and the complaints can finally stop. I love seeing past legendaries return. I hear that some speculate that the ultra wormhole takes us to the original area of the legendary pokemon such as Sky Pillar, Cerulean Cave, etc. That be cool but i doubt it though.

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
    Years
  • If I understand what you mean by that: The changes of the post game to USM from Su/Mo is being compared to the changes of the post game to Platinum from D/P, based on time investment, not specific features.

If that's what I'm understanding from this, that still has a lot of promise because Platinum had significantly better post game versus the limited post game in D/P. Considering that Platinum had a Battle Frontier which is very time consuming, USM is going to have to have a lot more post game to compare to that, even if it doesn't have a battle frontier.
    Still though, to reference a game that had a frontier, it's definitely a possibility that USM could have one.
    It's not necessary talking about the post game, but the changes to the main story of the pair in general.

Hopefully this would prove that USUM are decent games and the complaints can finally stop. I love seeing past legendaries return. I hear that some speculate that the ultra wormhole takes us to the original area of the legendary pokemon such as Sky Pillar, Cerulean Cave, etc. That be cool but i doubt it though.
    That thought actually crossed my mind, but it does seem unlikely... sadly :(

Last edited:
    Years
  • Seriously, this trailer is real hype mode and I think I know why GF are going all out because according to IGN, US/UM will be the end of Pokemon on handhelds, confirming 8th Gen will be on the Switch.

Shame that these will likely be the last Pokemon games I will play for a while, since it'll be ages before I can even get my hands on a Switch.

Years
    • UK
    • Seen Dec 23, 2019
    The trailer makes me think GameFreak are stepping up the parallel universe aspect from ORAS's Delta Episode for USUM.

Storywise it feels like a huge step up cinematically from SM. If SM's was a 10 then USUM's jumps to 20, like god damn GameFreak what happened in the last few years?

Alexander18

Banned
    Years
    • NZ
    • Seen Dec 29, 2017
    Considering USUM are the last games of the 3DS and the last gen 7 games, the post game should be bigger than SM.

Years
    • Seen May 6, 2023
    i REALLY hope we have something similar to pokemon world tournament. It was good way to say farewell when BW2 was the end of DS pokemon games and it would be fitting to have all gym leaders/elite four/champion to appear in this game.

Years
  • Version exclusives, as shared by Serebii on Twitter:

Spoiler:

Ultra Sun: Solgaleo, Necrozma (Dusk Mane), Buzzwole, Kartana, Houndour, Houndoom, Passimian, Turtonator, Cranidos, Rampardos, Tirtouga, Carracosta, Rufflet, Braviary, Vulpix (Alolan), Ninetales (Alolan), Cottonee, Whimsicott, UB Burst

Ultra Moon: Lunala, Necrozma (Dawn Wings), Pheromosa, Celesteela, Electrike, Manectric, Oranguru, Drampa, Shieldon, Bastiodon, Archen, Archeops, Vullaby, Mandibuzz, Sandshrew (Alolan), Sandslash (Alolan), Petilil, Lilligant, UB Assembly

So aside from the new stuff like UBs, Necrozma forms and the Electrike and Houndour lines, version exclusives are exactly the same as in S/M.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Jun 11, 2019
    Version exclusives, as shared by Serebii on Twitter:

Spoiler:

Ultra Sun: Solgaleo, Necrozma (Dusk Mane), Buzzwole, Kartana, Houndour, Houndoom, Passimian, Turtonator, Cranidos, Rampardos, Tirtouga, Carracosta, Rufflet, Braviary, Vulpix (Alolan), Ninetales (Alolan), Cottonee, Whimsicott, UB Burst

Ultra Moon: Lunala, Necrozma (Dawn Wings), Pheromosa, Celesteela, Electrike, Manectric, Oranguru, Drampa, Shieldon, Bastiodon, Archen, Archeops, Vullaby, Mandibuzz, Sandshrew (Alolan), Sandslash (Alolan), Petilil, Lilligant, UB Assembly

So aside from the new stuff like UBs, Necrozma forms and the Electrike and Houndour lines, version exclusives are exactly the same as in S/M.
    I really like the idea of version exclusive. I'm glad they r doing it. So far the games seem really good

Years
  • I really like the idea of version exclusive. I'm glad they r doing it. So far the games seem really good

The real disappointment is the lazy route taken with version exclusives this time. You'd feel they'd add more wouldn't they? And the fact Pokemon is relocating to the Switch means version exclusives may be a thing of the past come next generation.

Desert Stream~

Holy Kipper!
    Years
    • She/Her
    • Seen Aug 20, 2023
    The real disappointment is the lazy route taken with version exclusives this time. You'd feel they'd add more wouldn't they? And the fact Pokemon is relocating to the Switch means version exclusives may be a thing of the past come next generation.

I don't see why they really need to add too many more, I feel it's better that they don't so all the new pokemon they add will be catchable in both games. + there's still enough variety to have some incentive to buy both games. I don't think version exclusives will die with the switch, I really don't see a reason why it would? They could still sell pairs of games, and the switch has both wireless and online, so you would be able to trade as well.

Years
    • Seen May 6, 2023

why would version exclusives won't be a thing for switch?

Years
  • I don't think anything about the Switch would necessarily stop Game Freak from releasing two pairs of games with minor differences, but who knows.

Back