• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Epic Mickey

Mitchman

Banned
Years
  • JP

wut?
    Years
    • Age 33
    • USA
    • Seen Dec 13, 2019
    It looks pretty epic. The concept art looks very interesting.

TRIFORCE89

Guide of Darkness
    Years
  • I love almost all things Disneyana. Although not a fan of steampunk, I'm okay with an "epic" or darker game featuring Disney characters. However, I just cannot get past that concept art of Goofy. It just makes me sad.

Åzurε

Shi-shi-shi-shaw!
    Years
    • Seen Jun 2, 2013
    Woah, not expected from Disney. If they tone down the freaks-of-nature just a little bit, I think this might be something I'd buy.

Kerotan

Gwo. Wuggo-wuggo.
    Years
  • Classic Disney (Not Hannah Montana or whatever) + Bioshock and steampunk influences + Kingdom Hearts without whiny JRPG characters = Epic Mickey is EPIC.

New Disney (LOLOL LETS INCLUDE HANNAH MONTANA) + Toned-down steampunk-ish theme + Extra whiny human protagonists = Fail Mickey is FAIL.

IMO, the game could go either way.

TRIFORCE89

Guide of Darkness
    Years
  • Classic Disney (Not Hannah Montana or whatever) + Bioshock and steampunk influences + Kingdom Hearts without whiny JRPG characters = Epic Mickey is EPIC.

New Disney (LOLOL LETS INCLUDE HANNAH MONTANA) + Toned-down steampunk-ish theme + Extra whiny human protagonists = Fail Mickey is FAIL.

IMO, the game could go either way.
    Why do people keep thinking this is a new thing? Disney's always had starlets. Not aware of the original Mickey Mouse Club or Annette Funicello? Some of have been bigger than others, but this isn't a new phenomenon or demographic for Disney

Kerotan

Gwo. Wuggo-wuggo.
    Years
  • Why do people keep thinking this is a new thing? Disney's always had starlets. Not aware of the original Mickey Mouse Club or Annette Funicello? Some of have been bigger than others, but this isn't a new phenomenon or demographic for Disney
    Because I fret over what Disneys becoming everytime I see Disney-related news. It's not the celebrities that I'm worried about, it's just the fact that they are completely disregarding the adult demographic nowadays. They have always been kid-oriented, but I don't remember them being so devoid of anything of quality when I was of the Disney watching age.

TRIFORCE89

Guide of Darkness
    Years
  • Because I fret over what Disneys becoming everytime I see Disney-related news. It's not the celebrities that I'm worried about, it's just the fact that they are completely disregarding the adult demographic nowadays. They have always been kid-oriented, but I don't remember them being so devoid of anything of quality when I was of the Disney watching age.
    They're in a state of transition at the moment. I think the combination of Iger, Lasseter, and Roy Disney is just a godsend for Disney fans.

Eisner was good for the "Disney decade" he launched. The golden age of Disney as it were. But when that decade ended a greater focus was put on the Disney Channel bunch, Broadway, and theme parks - and less on movies. He lost Pixar temporarily. Disney wasn't outputting anything worth watching. And he was closing studios left and right.

That takes a little while to recover from. At the recent D23 convention, a whole truck load of movies were announced. I'm interested in seeing almost every single one of them. This is something I wrote up on my LiveJournal about it:

Spoiler:

Aaaanyway, this just me rambling and has little to do with the Epic Mickey game. So, I'm shutting up.

Years
  • This looks intense. I'm interested to see what they do with this. Mickey needs a bandanna, cigar and dual uzis and we will all love him ;D

Years
  • One thing that has annoyed me already is the title.
    How big headed.

Anyway, I don't know what to think of this game.
    It could look interesting but it is on the Wii platform, which already makes me worried.
    I am not ragging on the Wii, but it doesn't have the greatest track record.

I remember when people said that Mad World would change peoples view on the Wii's ability to appeal to the main stream gaming section, but it failed horribly.

I will keep an eye out for this and I will play it.

Years
  • I still want to know what kind of game they are going to make out of it. Judging by the style, I'm thinking (and hoping) it's a traditional turn-based RPG.

But that artwork has me clamoring for more. I don't want to pass judgment on anything yet, because all we have to look at is this artwork, but I'm hoping this is awesome.

Fenrir Reki

Guardian of Destruction
    Years
  • I saw this in the game informer magazine but sort of ignored it until I found out that they were actually going to have him in the cover of the next one. I dont know why game informer is having him on their next magazine and I dont exactly see how its going to be epic besides them making a wii game of him. I just hope they dont mess up and make it a bad game but chances are they might...

Mitchman

Banned
    Years
  • Alistair its an Action Adventure game. Anyway somethings I noticed:
    Its a small world
    Fantasia ghosts
    Oswald the rabbit
    The Haunted Mansion
    Phantom Blot?

TRIFORCE89

Guide of Darkness
    Years
  • Alistair its an Action Adventure game. Anyway somethings I noticed:
    Its a small world
    Fantasia ghosts
    Oswald the rabbit
    The Haunted Mansion
    Phantom Blot?
    Ahhh... yes. The ghosts from Night on Bald Mountain. I wrote them off as the ghost curtain from Haunted Mansion, but... one of them has a spear XD

Where's Oswald? I see Oogie Boogie.

For the life of me, I can't place that castle.

From previous concept art, we saw bits of Walt Disney World. The Haunted Mansion and Small World in this latest park are the Disneyland variants. So, I'm thinking the parks may be global. Castle looks a little bit to me like Paris' Sleeping Beauty Castle.

Back