• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Erased Out of Continuity.

Palamon

Silence is Purple
Years
  • Let's talk about anime continuity. Do you feel the anime is on a continuity timeline or it has no continuity? Explain what you feel was completely taken out/erased out of the continuity all together. I do have a few things I can think of for this topic, but I'll have to think about it myself, so go and discuss~.

GiovanniViridian

A World Of Pain!
    Years
    • Seen Sep 29, 2023
    I will say it's pretty inconsistent, such as how Meowth saying in an XY episode that he doesn't understand electric language (unlike the past movie I think) while there are some flashbacks.

Also, same goes to Ash's character development.

Guest123_x1

...same goes to Ash's character development.
    I knew there wasn't much continuity since even though I remember Ash saying it had been a whole year since he had last been there when he returned to challenge the final Gym there, all of a sudden I saw promotional materials for later sagas of the anime that claimed Ash was still 10 years old (especially at the start of Unova, never mind the disaster that ensued with Ash's character development during that region's arc). Whatever progress Ash made during the regions leading up to Unova was thrown out by the time he arrived there to start his new journey.

Years
    • Seen Oct 20, 2016
    It seems after the design change between DP and Best Wishes, they've all but gave up on continuity. From the start of the OS to the end of DP, there was a fairly consistent continuity and it felt like Ash did age (albeit wasn't explicit). Best Wishes damaged that quite a bit, so much so, they've opted for XY to feel more self contained.

Itcheeee

All Hail Shadow
    Years
  • At times I feel like they would like to 100% forget Tracy, and at one point I thought they would never reference him again. And the Orange Islands as a whole, they like to forget that happened it seems. :s

Back