• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Essentials v17.2] Gen 8 stuffs (Abilities, Items & Move)

Diegou18

Forever Chandelure lover.
Years
    • Seen Aug 16, 2021
    Maybe it's simple, but I was trying a lot without success (and I'm not an expert with coding). I don't want that Galarian Slowbro can Mega Evolve, so I wrote this:
    Code:
    MultipleForms.register(:SLOWBRO,{
    "getMegaForm"=>proc{|pokemon|
       next 2 if isConst?(pokemon.item,PBItems,:SLOWBRONITE) && pokemon.form!=1
       next
    }, 
    "getUnmegaForm"=>proc{|pokemon|
       next 0
    },
    But seems it's not enough, so I'd like having some help with this. Maybe some is missing in "getUnmegaForm"... I can't figure it out. What should I do to don't allowing Galarian Slowbro (form 1 in the code) to Mega Evolve (form 2 in the code)?

Years
    • Seen Mar 26, 2024
    This is working for me:
    Spoiler:

Years
    • Seen Oct 17, 2023
    Sorry but do you create a page for version 18 or will you put the codes here for that version?

Years
    • Seen today
    i've tried to add a simple ability and it didn't quite work out (well no errors but wasn't working), still need more time to get used to the new format... but all in all i would say the hard part was already done, now it's all about tweaking what was already done, just gotta get the hang of it

Years
    • Seen Sep 13, 2020
    Thanks to everyone who has contributed to this thread! Very happy to add in Gen 8 stuff to my game.

I've followed the instructions for all the moves, but I am having some error codes on a few moves, and was wondering if someone could help me fix them? The only errors are when I use Tar Shot, Jaw Lock, Obstruct, and Dragon Darts. Here are the error messages:

Obstruct & Dragon Darts both come up with this same error:
    Exception: No Method Error
    PokeBattle_Battler:3094:in 'pbProcessMoveAgainstTarget_ebs'
    PokeBattle_Battler:2999:in 'each'
    PokeBattle_Battler:2999:in 'pbProcessMoveAgainstTarget_ebs'
    EliteBattle_0:475:in 'pbProcessMoveAgainstTarget'
    PokeBattle_Battler:3641:in 'pbUseMove_ebs'
    PokeBattle_Battler:3621:in 'loop'
    PokeBattle_Battler:3644:in 'pbUseMove_ebs'
    EliteBattle_0:508:in 'pbUsemove'
    PokeBattle_Battler:3844:in 'pbProcessTurn'
    PokeBattle_Battler:3843:in 'logonerr'

Tar Shot's error seems similar...?
    Message: undefined method 'pbCanReduceStatStage?' for nil:NilClass
    PokeBattle_MoveEffects:1800:in 'pbEffect'
    PokeBattle_Battler:3597:in 'pbUseMove_ebs'
    PokeBattle_Battler:3596:in 'logonerr'
    PokeBattle_Battler:3596:in 'pbUseMove_ebs'
    EliteBattle_0:508:in 'pbUseMove'
    PokeBattle_Battler:3843:in 'pbProcessTurn'
    PokeBattle_Battle:2872:in 'pbAttackPhase_ebs'
    PokeBattle_Battle:2869:in 'each'

Jaw Lock error looks like this:
    PokeBattle_MoveEffects:1784:in 'pbEffectAfterHit'
    PokeBattle_Battler:3321:in 'pbProcessMoveAgainstTarget_ebs'
    EliteBattle_0:475:in 'pbProcessMoveAgainstTarget'
    PokeBattle_Battler:3641:in 'pbUseMove_ebs'
    PokeBattle_Battler:3621:in 'loop'
    PokeBattle_Battler:3644:in 'pbUseMove_ebs'
    EliteBattle_0:508:in 'pbUseMove'
    PokeBattle_Battler:3843:in 'pbProcessTurn'

I am still doing my best to learn how to read the error codes...I've tinkered around and tried a few things, but nothing has solved the errors. Is it maybe something with Elite Battle System? Looks like the error codes mention it a lot?

Any help would be greatly appreciated!!

Years
    • Seen Mar 26, 2024
    I don't know exactly how your code looks like, but the problem in the first and third error message is that the game tries to compare something that isn't a Numeric with something else, which is impossible. You may backtrack it by looking at this "PokeBattle_Battler:3094:in 'pbProcessMoveAgainstTarget_ebs'" and this "PokeBattle_MoveEffects:1784:in 'pbEffectAfterHit'" line respectively. In both of those lines should be either this "<" or this ">" operator. Look at the objects they are trying to compare, that might lead you to something.
    The second one is hinting at the usage of the function "pbCanReduceStatStage?" on a none existent class.
    It would help greatly if you posted these three script sections in the Pokemon Essentials section of this site. People could try to help you out there then.

Years
    • Seen May 29, 2022
    Hopefully these will be useful:

Lash Out (How I think it should work if the user is frustrated at its stats dropping)

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Steel Roller (One of the most difficult for me to figure out >~<)

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Burning Jealousy (abit tricky)
    (I know Harsh Burn isn't official but there does need to be a burn that worsens each turn; https://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?p=10216370#post10216370) (If you want the official method, change all burns to default)

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Meteor Beam (The reason for move.txt's secondary effect needing to be zero is because the stat boost is suppose to happen on the charging turn but needs to described as both a main and secondary effect in Move_Effects)

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Terriain Pulse

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

I've tested these and they work

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen May 29, 2022
    Maybe it's simple, but I was trying a lot without success (and I'm not an expert with coding). I don't want that Galarian Slowbro can Mega Evolve, so I wrote this:
    Code:
    MultipleForms.register(:SLOWBRO,{
    "getMegaForm"=>proc{|pokemon|
       next 2 if isConst?(pokemon.item,PBItems,:SLOWBRONITE) && pokemon.form!=1
       next
    }, 
    "getUnmegaForm"=>proc{|pokemon|
       next 0
    },
    But seems it's not enough, so I'd like having some help with this. Maybe some is missing in "getUnmegaForm"... I can't figure it out. What should I do to don't allowing Galarian Slowbro (form 1 in the code) to Mega Evolve (form 2 in the code)?

I've had your situation when making alternate forms for pokemon that mega evolve; Defining alternate forms in MultipleForms is impossible will always go back to form 0 by default if it mega evolves, MultipleForms only works if that's not the case so the only way to do alternate forms for pokemon that mega evolve is to define it in MegaEvolution since that has the base as MultipleForms but will only work there if the line is in a form that isn't already taken by mega forms. You would define the form like this in Pokemon_MegaEvolution and you put it under the desired pokemon:

Spoiler:

That's how I did it and it worked, hope it helps.

Years
    • Seen May 29, 2022
    Hunger Switch:

In PBEffects:

Spoiler:

This part here in PokeBattle_Battler, this was done like Truant for the form to change every turn:

Spoiler:

Under Genesect's form script in the same section:

Spoiler:

In PokeBattle_Battle, this is where the simularities with Truant end but this is needed for the switch:

Spoiler:

Aaand that's how you properly implement Hunger Switch

Years
    • Seen May 29, 2022
    Here's how I got Gulp Missile to work for Surf:

Under Stance Change's code in PokeBattle_Battler

Spoiler:

Years
    • Seen May 15, 2024
    Hopefully these will be useful:

Lash Out (How I think it should work if the user is frustrated at its stats dropping)

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Steel Roller (One of the most difficult for me to figure out >~<)

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Burning Jealousy (abit tricky)
    (I know Harsh Burn isn't official but there does need to be a burn that worsens each turn; https://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?p=10216370#post10216370) (If you want the official method, change all burns to default)

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Meteor Beam (The reason for move.txt's secondary effect needing to be zero is because the stat boost is suppose to happen on the charging turn but needs to described as both a main and secondary effect in Move_Effects)

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Terriain Pulse

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

I've tested these and they work

You know all these things you're posting are already done, right? Are you fixing problems you found in the original codes or are you just recreating them?

Also some of these seem to not have the correct effects

Years
    • Seen May 29, 2022
    You know all these things you're posting are already done, right? Are you fixing problems you found in the original codes or are you just recreating them?

Also some of these seem to not have the correct effects

Developing my own game really put me in the back of the pack now that I'm looking through it, so chances I may've recreated, but Burning Jealousy and Lash Out are the only 2 with a overhaul... awkward...

WolfPP

Spriter/ Pixel Artist
    Years
  • As One (High King Calyrex's ability) - PE v18.1
    After you added the abilities into PBS folder (As One, Chilling and Grim Neigh), go to the next step:
    Spoiler:

Cya!

WolfPP

Spriter/ Pixel Artist
    Years
  • Calyrex's fusions v18.1:
    When you fuse or unfuse Calyrex with some horse, some moves will be removed. So, to make it, we just need to paste this script inside 'Pokemon_Forms' script, below Necrozma's code:

Spoiler:

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Sep 7, 2023
    Will there be tutorials for v17 or just v18 going forward? (RE: Calyrex, etc)

Back