• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Chit-Chat: EVAN PETERS HAVE MY BABIES

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
    • Seen yesterday
    I don't do cute. Unless it's cats.

Also, if Pinkie-Dawn's comments on the radical feminism holds any weight, then no thanks.
    Um. I don't really get the whole radical feminism thing. I'm not a big of feminism, but that's partially because a lot of the feminists that I know in my every day life are very anti-men as opposed to being equal. I support the whole feminism movement, but I think it's evolving into something pretty ugly for the most part.

I went to see Maleficent on Father's day with my dad and my sister, and I really, really enjoyed the movie. It's one of my favorite Disney movies, and so much better than the original Disney version of it. So I'm going to highly recommend going to see it. It has a lot of really interesting themes that run along through it. A whole lot less than just a political feminism theme (that I pretty much disagree that that's what it implied; we're talking about Disney).

It focuses on revenge, a broken heart, redemption, acceptance and understanding.

It's soundtrack is spectacular, the performances are believable (I'm not an AJ fan, but I felt she completely sold the role of Maleficent off and I forgot it was her), and I felt that the CGI was actually REALLY good. Though some disagree. There's also humor and realism to the story.

antemortem

rest after tomorrow
    Years
  • It's soundtrack is spectacular, the performances are believable (I'm not an AJ fan, but I felt she completely sold the role of Maleficent off and I forgot it was her), and I felt that the CGI was actually REALLY good. Though some disagree. There's also humor and realism to the story.

The mountainous cheekbones don't let you forget who it is for too long.

Years
  • The mountainous cheekbones don't let you forget who it is for too long.

Had a good laugh at this. Maleficient was a nice movie that kept me entertained throughout, and Jolie didn't disappoint! Definitely prefer it over the heart-wrenching The Fault In Our Stars picture, which left me emotionally exhausted and dissatisfied with the ending, just as I had been after reading the novel. At this point in the world of movies, I patiently await Mockingjay: Part 1, though I still don't see why it needed to be broken into two movies. -__-

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    What, the last Hunger Games book gets two movies? They be pulling a Harry Potter 7.

Still it's not as ugh as my childhood favorite The Hobbit being teared apart into three slow grown-up movies with dragged out action scenes of ridiculousness. #bitter

Pinkie-Dawn

Vampire Waifu
    Years
  • If the Nostalgia Critic's Top 11 Dumbest LotR moments taught me anything, the Hobbit may still be good regardless of what dragged out filler they put that'll potentially be a top 11 dumbest Hobbit moments.

Also, I've just heard that the 3rd season of Korra started yesterday, and no one here has told me about it. Now I'll never continue watching the series without seeing the first episode.

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    Legend of Korra? I haven't even watched any of it! Which is really strange since I loved Avatar.

Pinkie-Dawn

Vampire Waifu
    Years
  • antemortem

rest after tomorrow
    Years
  • A lot goes on in Mockingjay but it could be easily fit into the two and a half hours that Catching Fire ended up being but... money grabbers everywhere.

Cordelia

Banned
    Years
    • Seen Nov 21, 2014
    I'll take a two parter for Mockingjay. More hunger games the better! And yay Lana del Rey is is awesome! Happy birthday!

Years
  • I just don't want to wait longer for the trilogy to be over. Mockingjay was the worst of the three books imho, but will see & obsess over both of its movies nonetheless. Just a fun fact, Part 1 comes out on the same day as ORAS does for the US. November 21 is shaping up to be pretty amazing, haha 8)

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    I haven't watched any Hunger Games movie yet, sadly; gotten into the book series only recently. Also, Happy Birthday to Lana, even if it is a bit late! Been hearing about her a lot lately; would definitely have to give her music a shot sometime.

antemortem

rest after tomorrow
    Years
  • I just don't want to wait longer for the trilogy to be over. Mockingjay was the worst of the three books imho, but will see & obsess over both of its movies nonetheless. Just a fun fact, Part 1 comes out on the same day as ORAS does for the US. November 21 is shaping up to be pretty amazing, haha 8)
    Guess who will be sneaking their 3DS in during the premiere?
    I haven't watched any Hunger Games movie yet, sadly; gotten into the book series only recently. Also, Happy Birthday to Lana, even if it is a bit late! Been hearing about her a lot lately; would definitely have to give her music a shot sometime.
    Indeed, her music is fantastic, some of the best I've ever heard and consistently listen to, as she's the only artist besides Lady Gaga that I stan for currently. I can give you some recommendations as for what to start with if you want to get into Lana a bit.

Logan

[img]http://pldh.net/media/pokecons_action/403.gif
    Years
  • can we have a better splash and title please #firedave

Can't wait for Mockingjay 1+2, only ever been so invested in the characters in one other film series (Dark Knight trilogy).

Years
  • I wish we we done with this splitting of book adaptations into more than one movie. I got around to seeing the second Hobbit movie last week and it was so long and dragged scene after scene with all this forced action.

I mean, I'l still see both Mockingjay movies, but I wish they'd just do one because I'm expecting a lot of padding.

antemortem

rest after tomorrow
    Years
  • Uh I'm sorry to drag us back to a previous topic, but Maleficent was cute?

Dave you are dead to me

You also seemed to miss the rest of my description!

me said:
    Angelina Jolie was the fiercest I've ever seen her, and had me on the edge of my seat during most of her more serious appearances. Loved it, really.

dunno if that makes up for it but that was my honest, brief opinion! There wasn't much else to say about it.

Pinkie-Dawn

Vampire Waifu
    Years
  • Just got back from watching Transformers:

Spoiler:

Shining Raichu

Expect me like you expect Jesus.
    Years
  • The mountainous cheekbones don't let you forget who it is for too long.

What is your problem? love yourself

(yes i'm aware we discussed this already but i didn't see that post last time lol)

alright i'll stop now, but like

Last edited:

antemortem

rest after tomorrow
    Years
  • What is your problem? love yourself

(yes i'm aware we discussed this already but i didn't see that post last time lol)

alright i'll stop now, but like
    I didn't say they were a bad thing!!

let me change the title to itc andy stans for angelina jolie brb

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back