• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Eventual gen 5 remakes

Gen 5 will be remade by...

• Remaking both seperatly

Votes: 1 8.3%
  • Remaking both on one game(gen 5 remake collection)

Votes: 4 33.3%
  • Remaking only one or the other

Votes: 7 58.3%
  • not bothering, too hard

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Years
Its only a matter of time until the gems of pokemon get remade and ignoring my fears of it one thing ive thought about is how do you go remaking them? There the only generation with sequal titles; Black and white with black 2/ white 2. Its just had me think about acouple of scenarios. What do you think is likely to happen?

Years
  • Age 35
  • Any pronoun
  • Online now
Guesses only Black/White. Favored the original game of the generation, for the most part.

Palamon

Silence is Purple
Years
I'd rather they not remake Black/White and just do Black3/White3 that shows Unova in the same time as Scarlet/Violet. We don't need Unova remakes. It's very likely they'll probably only remake B/W. I'd still prefer if not, though. These games shouldn't be touched...but they will anyway. Incoming fear they'll be a glitchy mess like BD/SP. But, honestly, they could still remake B2/W2 also. They are much different from their predecessors. They're not like Emerald and Platinum before them.

Years
I'd rather they not remake Black/White and just do Black3/White3 that shows Unova in the same time as Scarlet/Violet. We don't need Unova remakes. It's very likely they'll probably only remake B/W. I'd still prefer if not, though. These games shouldn't be touched...but they will anyway. Incoming fear they'll be a glitchy mess like BD/SP. But, honestly, they could still remake B2/W2 also. They are much different from their predecessors. They're not like Emerald and Platinum before them.

That would be SUPER neat if every game they made in unova was a sequel set at the same time as the most recent mainline game. But the fact we fear current pokemon company will ruin it somehow states how unlikely that would happen. And games like emerald and platinum are part of my point with this poll. Gen 5 didnt have a definitive version, it had TWO different mainline games! who knows how a remake will work

Years
  • Age 35
  • Any pronoun
  • Online now
Really? i feel like more people talk about 2 due to having more team variety and just more to do in general

Apologies. Wrote that too vaguely. Generally selected the original games for remakes, rather than the third version. (Views Black 2/White 2 as a third version still.) Examples: Heartgold/Soulsilver instead of a Crystal remake, Omega Ruby/Alpha Sapphire over an Emerald remake, Brilliant Diamond/Shining Pearl over a Platinum remake, and no Sevii Isles in Let's Go. Expects them to follow this pattern.

Could see Black 2/White 2 if they simply port all the games.

Years
Apologies. Wrote that too vaguely. Generally selected the original games for remakes, rather than the third version. (Views Black 2/White 2 as a third version still.) Examples: Heartgold/Soulsilver instead of a Crystal remake, Omega Ruby/Alpha Sapphire over an Emerald remake, Brilliant Diamond/Shining Pearl over a Platinum remake, and no Sevii Isles in Let's Go. Expects them to follow this pattern.

Could see Black 2/White 2 if they simply port all the games.

Ah right gotcha. If they did pull a remake that was based on one version with content included from the other that would be good too

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
Years
I'd say remake both in a single game. We will likely get a Unova Legends game in the future if they continue it. Or pull a Kanto/Johto and have a new region to the southwest of Unova that connects to it. I feel like you need both game to really get the BW feeling.

If they do only remake the one or the other, I hope it is just BW. I really loved the idea of only having 5th Gen pokemon. It made it fresh to a stale game. As I've said in the past, that is a massive reason I even got back into pokemon after falling off during 4th Gen. Plus I also like Hibert and Hilda's design the best compared to the ones in BW2. I just didn't really care as much about BW2 as I did BW1.

Years
They'll probably remake/remaster the original games of the region as they've been doing so far.

Which for me will mean I won't be getting it as the original BW is the worst pair of games in the franchise imo and I do not want to play it again.
On the off chance they use B2W2 instead, which I'm not expecting, those games were solid and I would get that remake/remaster.

Years
I'd say remake both in a single game. We will likely get a Unova Legends game in the future if they continue it. Or pull a Kanto/Johto and have a new region to the southwest of Unova that connects to it. I feel like you need both game to really get the BW feeling.

If they do only remake the one or the other, I hope it is just BW. I really loved the idea of only having 5th Gen pokemon. It made it fresh to a stale game. As I've said in the past, that is a massive reason I even got back into pokemon after falling off during 4th Gen. Plus I also like Hibert and Hilda's design the best compared to the ones in BW2. I just didn't really care as much about BW2 as I did BW1.

i can understand that sentiment, but thats still a RARE take. Most agree that B/W2 are infinitely better than the first

Years
By far the most likely scenario IMO is GF remaking BW1 but completely ignoring BW2, maybe adding it as a full-priced DLC at the very most. They'll almost certainly remake it to cash in on the Gen 5 nostalgia but I just can't see modern GF offering essentially a 2-for-1 deal in packing in 2 complete adventures for $60. As for the quality; we'll just have to see. It could be BDSP 2.0 but there's a possibility GF is using SV's lukewarm reception as a wake-up call.

Years
By far the most likely scenario IMO is GF remaking BW1 but completely ignoring BW2, maybe adding it as a full-priced DLC at the very most. They'll almost certainly remake it to cash in on the Gen 5 nostalgia but I just can't see modern GF offering essentially a 2-for-1 deal in packing in 2 complete adventures for $60. As for the quality; we'll just have to see. It could be BDSP 2.0 but there's a possibility GF is using SV's lukewarm reception as a wake-up call.

Realistically this is what im seeing except
Lukewarm reception? If anything its got great reception, just alot of people acknowledging how much of a buggy mess it is. And regardless theyve sold 22.66 million copies at the time of writing which is what they seem to focus

Years
Ideally for me they'd remake the original BW, with extra post-game content similar to BW2... but I'm worried how it'll come out. BDSP were fun titles but not visually appealing at all and I don't want to see Unova in that style, especially since the story is a little bit darker.

Years
I would much rather visit the Unova region again in the present day than play any more remakes but...

I think they'll probably just remake the 1st game's story primarily with elements of BW2 taking the place of the sages in the post game because sky pirates & mad scientists > sages.

faf

[b][color=#1acc14]Queen of Dragons[/color][/b]
Years
Dream remakes would be in HD2D and have it similar to Digimon with both games on the same cartridge and can play the sequel after beating the original. And also the keys will be auto unlocked therefore allow you to play the game in easy/normal/hard mode.

But you know it's a dream, GF about to screw it up somehow.

Years
  • Age 23
  • Seen yesterday
At the pace they release games these days, I would not be surprised if they rushed out a Black/White remake along with Black/White 2 a year later.

Back