• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

ever caught a legendary with a regular pokeball?

DarkChariardX

The master of Fire pokemon
    Years
    have u ever battled against a legendary pokemon and caught it with a normal pokeball, and not an ultra,great,master,net, or any other ball?
    for me i tried to catch rayquazza with a regular ball but failed, but..i succeded in catching lugia with a regular IN THE FIRST TRY BABY!!!!!!!!

Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Jan 23, 2011
    i went through pearl only catching legendaries with pokeballs
    BTW mesprit and cressilia were the roughest lol

Pokeyomom

Hoenn no you didn't...
    Years
    Never actually. Haven't even attempted such a feat:p I did catch Lugia in a great ball the second or third try!

Rucario

Madam you see before you stand
    Years
    I caught my very first legendary. I caught my Mew with a Pokeball. I think my Charizard went and burnt it and I just waited until it got to the red and I threw it.

Moltres111

<- Serious business.
    Years
    Never in RSEFRLG.

I did catch Regigigas in a Poke Ball in Platinum, though. After chucking a billion Dusk and Ultra Balls. <_>

Converge

Take One Last Breath
    Years
    I got extremely lucky back in my old blue version, first turn, threw a pokeball and caught it. i remember dropping my Gameboy in shock and yelling in the car as it was on our way to vacation :p

sab

Now too much of a life.
    Years
    I have a firend kyogre and groudonn with normal pokeballs in emerald. He wasted about 2 hundred ultra balls on each of them. I caught deoxys and mew in emerald with normal pokeballs (after using an ar to get there) but only using the masterball glitch. aka. press a+b at the right time and it will be a master ball. It works to make you more likely to catch a pokemon but by no means does it make normal balls act like masterballs.

Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Nov 9, 2021
    I caught Snorlax in Pokemon Blue with a single attempt from a Pokeball, but that's the only time I've ever been able to do it in my nearly twelve years of playing.

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
    I've caught Entei, Giratina, Heatran, and Palkia in a PokeBall before. Moving to GPG since this applies to more than the advanced generation.

Ayselipera

No I've never even tried. I think the closest ball to a poke ball that I ever caught a legendary with was a quick ball.

GlitchCity

GlitchxCity
    Years
    xDD on platinum I caught all the legendaries with pokeballs, I still have my masterball but now I have a problem. WHAT AM I GONNA USE IT ON NOW?

Tears In The Rain

Thirsty, purposeless Vampire
    Years
    • Age 37
    • Seen Sep 15, 2010
    Nope not with regular balls, but I did however in my late Silver catch Lugia with a great ball. I had stupidly not bothered to check my stash before I went into the whirl islands, I thought I had plenty. After annoyingly stumbling around I finally found him, battled him until he was ready and then discovered that the only ball in my stash was a single great ball. Since it has been so annoying getting there however I had just decided I would keep using it until it worked(I had saved in front of lugia). So I throw the great ball that first time and.....SWEET VICTORY! Caught him, and named him Great/one after how he was referenced in pokemon 2000.

I then used an escape rope to get out, FOR THAT I was prepared lol. Boy I missed that game. :(

Shadow

Original Flavor Darkness
    Years
    I nabbed Kyogre in Sapphire with one. Luck had been horrible to me and Kyogre was Poisoned, so it was the turn before I was about to have to reset the game.

Years
    Well, not a regular old pokeball, but in SoulSilver I DID manage to catch Zapdos with a Heal Ball (after wasting around 10 ultra and 20 dusk)

Back