• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Merchandise] Ever got any bootleg Pokémon merchandise?

Years
  • The term generally refers to unofficially produced merchandise, often made with stolen art and poor-quality materials. Bootlegs are knock-offs or copies of official goods.

Have you ever, intentionally or unintentionally, gotten any bootleg Pokémon merchandise? What did you end up with, and do you still like it? Were you aware it was bootleg (and did it matter to you)?

Years
  • I got a bootleg Alolan Ninetales figure back when I desperately wanted one, but couldn't find any official ones. I got an official one now, but still have it.

I also got a whole bunch of fan made merch from Etsy, such as for example my Pokemon stained glass art pieces.

Years
    • Any pronoun
    • Online now
    Possibly a few trading cards. (Printed them in Japanese.) Viewed them as more of a curiosity. Felt indifferent otherwise.

Remains oblivious if there was anything else.

Days
    • Seen Jun 16, 2023
    Hi just starting again after losing everything need some friends 7037 0106 5769 appreciate any adds thanks

icycatelf

Alex
    Years
  • A couple sus plushes and a handful of wonky figures, but my favorites are the foil sticker cards that used to come from quarter machines. They honestly mean more to me than the most of my official cards, even the ones that were folded up to fit in capsules.

Spoiler:
    I've got a tin worth of non-sticker fakes as well. Knew most of those were bootleg when I got 'em but can't remember exactly why I got 'em. Something to glue my own custom cards onto, I guess.

Last edited:

Palamon

Silence is Purple
    Years
  • Yeah, I've gotten a few bootlegs. Have a bootleg yellow Eevee plushie that I bought on purpose. And, I think a bootleg Togepi? And some really awful tiny bootleg Pokemon figures. But, that's really it besides really badly made fake/bootleg Pokemon cards.

Back