• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Ever Named Your Pet After an Anime Character?

Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Jul 7, 2011
    I had a yellow barn cat named Pikachu when I was eight...

Unfortunately it died not long after I moved to Wisconsin for a while... (kinda like my obsession with the show)

Whispering Winds

Kirby Dance! (>'-')> <('-'<)
    Years
  • My mom caught a baby turtle when she was in college and still keeps him to this day. She never game him an official name, but I jokingly call him Zenikame, the Japanese name for Squirtly on occasion. Other than that, none of my current pets are named after anime characters, though I do have parakeets named Kirby and Yoshi.

DoomKitty

Local Crazed Catgirl
    Years
  • I once had a shark that I named Burakkii [the Japanese name for Umbreon]. Also, it's not an anime character that I know of, but a Japanese term, I had a tabby kitten that I named Doki Doki [which means 'panic' or something of the sort].

Kylie-chan

[span="background:#000; padding: 2px 10px;"][color
    Years
  • Well, I'm probably going to name my cat's kittens after them. XD But my cat's name is Miyu, after Miyu-chan, the PC member; so sort of indirectly, as I think Miyu is an anime character [Vampire Princess Miyu]. XD;;;

nicoleb

Whannell's hot.
    Years
  • My last goldfish was called "Syaoran," after Syaoran Li from Card Captor Sakura. The one before that was "Wataru Junior," and the one before that was "Wataru." Yeah...I don't have much luck with goldfish. My current ones're called "Kotani" and "Eiichiro," after Kotani Kinya and Eiichiro Oda. (Does naming them after actual people from Japan count? XD) Once If they die, I'm gonna name the next ones "Ginger," "Ginger II," and "Ginger III."

Kylie-chan

[span="background:#000; padding: 2px 10px;"][color
    Years
  • PhoenixFluff said:
    I wish I could name my dog after an anime charrie. My mom hates anime *le gasp* so I am the sole Animeniac in the family.
    I name my Nintendogs after charries. I'ma about to adopt a German Shepard and dub it Kiyo (from Zatch Bell), and my frinds adopted another shepard on my game named Forte.

Oh! Oh! I do that, too! o___O I have Kisa and Hiro of Fruits Basket; I used to have a schnauzer called Chii, but it was so un~Chii~ish I donated it. XD

Years
    • Age 35
    • UK
    • Seen Mar 26, 2013
    I havn't as of yet, but as soon as i get a dog it will be called Akamaru (Naruto) <3 and we also plan on getting a cat soon, if its female i want to call it Izumi (FMA) and if its male Faust (Shaman King)

Infinipede

negima ruined my life
    Years
  • I used to have catfish named after characters from .hack//Legend of the Twilight Bracelet. There was one that was always stalking Rena, so I named him Komiyama :D
    They all died, though. Now I have a millipede named Sakon.

Rinji

srsly.
    Years
  • I want a german shepherd (Preferrably a black one) and I want to name him Shinichi :3

Oh, and I once had a dojo loach (really awesome type of fish) named Ed, after Edward from Cowboy Bebop.

Years
    • Seen Aug 30, 2021
    Not yet... XD But I do have one cat that has a Japanese name. The idea came from one of my favorite animals--orcas. The one that's in the first Free Willy movie was called "Keiko" in real life, and since my cat is black-and white like an orca, I decided to name her that. I think it fits her really well. =3 She's such a sweet cat!

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    Out of all teh pets I have had..I can't really remember if I had..though..Im not sure if Maisy mouse counts as an anime or Brambly Hegde(Not sure on spelling) But that's as close as I came to naming one as an anime character.

<3 Nica--..Actually Im really not sure on teh spelling XD

Back