• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Everything Was on Fire, and I was Scared.

Years
    • Age 27
    • OH
    • Seen May 10, 2024
    I've not really had any life threatening experiences... I think the closest was probably when I was about 11 or 12 years old. I was riding my bike and hit a rock in the street. I ended up flipping over the front of the handle bars and landed right on my head. I hit so hard I ended up completely breaking my helmet, like the whole back of it broke off. If I hadn't been wearing a helmet... I have no idea how badly I could have been hurt.

Psychic

Really and truly
    Years
    • Seen Apr 11, 2018
    I was living in Israel in 2012 when Gaza militants starting shooting rockets into the country, which incited Operation Pillar of Defense. I was in Tel Aviv on an internship program, and during our orientation we had been instructed on what to do in case of an attack, but it had been peaceful at the time and none of us ever thought anything would happen.

But one night the sirens went off, and we all had to evacuate the apartment building and head to the underground bomb shelter in the school next door, hearing the explosion in the brief time we were outside. We were relocated to Jerusalem that night, where it was supposed to be safer. The next day I was with friends in Jerusalem when the sirens rang again, though luckily their apartment building had its own bomb shelter. I hadn't been too nervous the first time in Tel Aviv, but that time I was shaking.

We returned to Tel Aviv a few days later, and there was another siren, and a bus quite a few people on my program took frequently was blown up. Things slowly started to simmer down, and life returned to normal. We were all fine physically (a few of us, myself included, had some mild PTSD), and though we likely weren't in too much danger thanks to Israel's excellent defenses, it was a scary time.

~Psychic

Years
    If I have, I either don't remember them, or didn't notice them when they happened. I consider myself blessed in that way.

Ice1

[img]http://www.serebii.net/pokedex-xy/icon/712.pn
    Years
    • Seen Nov 23, 2023
    I've been in two, and one happened at birth, so I don't recall it really. The one I do remember is me falling back into a lake after I tried to climb out, inhaling a lot of water, and sinking. Some friends pulled me out, but I'm sure I would've drowned if that happened with nobody around.

天 (Caine)

Flower Child
    Years
    I was born with a atrial septal defect, which is a literal hole in the heart. It was repaired when I was five years old but I still have wires holding my breastplate together and a scar on my chest that's faded over the years. I'd love to get into martial arts but a big enough blow to my chest is enough to knock me to the floor.

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Jun 13, 2024
    Was flying with my family when I was little, and apparently there was a bit of an emergency and the plane started dropping. The oxygen masks came down and we were all instructed to put them on, and the plane was falling pretty fast.

Like I said, I was too little to really comprehend what was going on, and being little idiots my cousin and I just started laughing and screaming "roller coaster!", 'cause the dropping sensation was kind of like being on an amusement park ride.

Needless to say, everything was fine in the end and we landed safely, but it scared the crap out of the older members of our family. My mom hasn't been on a plane since and I don't think she ever will again, and it wasn't until much later that I understood the severity of the situation. :)

Blueredemption

Never stop exploring!
    Years
    • Age 25
    • Seen Oct 16, 2023
    I have been pretty lucky not have many life threatning situations. The only extremely bad one for me was at birth, so I obviously don't remember. I was born extremely weak... Supposedly my food source calsified way before I was birthed, which then resulted in me comming out as a bag of bones. I am still a twig to this day xD.

As for stuff I remember, when i was 5-6ish I banged the back of my head on a exposed nail/screw. Right under the skull too. It wasn't long enough to go leathally deep, but it hit some blood vessels becuase it bled bad. Lesson: Don't be an idiot in a rocking chair.

Trying to think of more, but I think that's it. I am not a rebel or anything, far from one actually.

Apollo

怖がらないで
    Years
    • Seen Jul 22, 2017
    Probably when I was at the beach with my family, and we rode on a big raft to the water with all these chairs and hammocks and stuff. I wanted to go swimming, but the water was around ten feet and I was only about six to eight at the time. My plan was to jump in the water with a "swim ring" on and go back up again. After I few jumps, I accidentally let go of the ring but I managed to grip it back again. It's pretty scary now that I think about it... especially since drowning is one of the slowest and scariest ways to die. :x

Sonata

Don't let me disappear
    Years
    Not exactly life threatening, but it was scary at the time I guess. It was mid-January and in the negatives, I was late for school and couldn't find my coat so I just put on a sweatshirt and then rode my scooter there. By the time I got to the school my left hand was frozen in place on the handle and I couldn't feel it or my right hand. It wasn't until nearly the end of the day when I was finally able to move my left hand a little bit. For about a month afterwards I had no feeling in my fingertips and they were purple. I still have numbness in the tips of the fingers of my left hand, but nothing really happened after it. The feeling mostly came back and I continued on with life.

Then there was the time that I was at the campgrounds. I had a really shitty bike, the brakes had been bad for a while but I didn't want to bother anyone by getting new ones. Me and my friend were racing each other around the site and then there was this really big hill that we we raced down. The road continued on forwards at the bottom of the hill for a few hundred feet before coming to a big loop with campsites. So we started peddling as fast as we could down the hill and once we got to the bottom of the hill we were going about 20 or so since the speed limit was 15 and we were flying past people. And then when we got to the end of the road and started to go around the loop, I turned too quickly and the bike went parallel with the ground. I rolled over it/it rolled over me and then next thing I knew I did a headstand and then was laying in a fire pit that had a decent sized fire going in it. I had some pretty severe burns as well as cuts just about all over my body. Luckily one of the people on the site there was a nurse and had a first aid kit handy. She did some emergency aid as my friend went to get my parents and then I don't really remember what happened after that.

Last edited:

Leviathan

[span="font-family:ubuntu; color: whitesmoke; padd
    Years
    Not sure if this would be counted as life-threatening but I had several visions of me going off-piste in the Pyrenees mountains and horribly injuring myself on a ski trip to Andorra a little over ten years ago. Twice it nearly happened, too, once when I had to go back and help a downed skier get onto their feet on a hill of a red run, and they nearly sent me sliding backwards towards a cliff with a sharp drop, whilst the second time was when I was guiding a sledge of huskies in El Tarter and rounded a corner a bit too sharply which threatened to throw both the sledge and myself down the side of a nasty, rock hewn incline that was visible even with the snow. I'd love to go back to Soldeu for a third time, though, haha.

Schwarzer Regen

imagine my name in a fancy color/font, I'm just po
    Years
    Probably not as spectatular comparing to what happened to others here x.x, but probably the most dangerous thing that ever happened:

When I was a bit younger I was on our local hill in Winter going sledding and having fun and all, until I kinda crashed at the bottom and somehow hurt my leg
    The thing is, there was someone directly behind me who came RIGHT at my head the moment I laid there with his considerably heavy looking sled so I was preparing already to get my skull squished until a reflex reaction made me roll a little bit to the side and only gave me a half dislocated shoulder in the end

Still scary though >.<

Years
    • Seen Feb 5, 2016
    When I was a kid my friend had an in-ground pool. It was the tail end of winter so the pool had a layer of ice over it bout 2 inches thick. We were all taking turns daring each other to dance on it. When it was my turn I was nervous as hell but decided that I'd show off. Danced on it for about 30 seconds and was like "I'm done". As I go to get out I fell through. Luckily it was only about 7-8 feet deep but my friends older brother still had to drag me up. It's more funny now than anything else. Only other time after that was gettin caught up in a drive by shooting.

Back