• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Evil Team Speculations

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
Years
  • Alright here we go:

Either two separate teams, or one team whose goal differs depending on your version. I'd prefer the latter because I don't think a "Magma vs. Aqua-esque showdown" is particularly interesting, especially when they're both bad guys. If one of them is good, at least that's interesting because it shows there are people out there willing to stand up to take down the bad guys, instead of just leaving it all to one kid. But that aside...

Sun: When people sleep, they aren't productive. We could be getting so much more done if we never slept. Our goal is to make it so that nobody is ever able to sleep again!
    To enhance this, have certain major characters such as scientists and professors reiterate on important occasions that their technologies could be so much further along if there was more time to work on them, etc.
    To conclude this, the "moral" would be that instead of losing sleep (literally) over your goals, plan them out and if you can't quite reach deadlines that's okay, just keep doing your best, etc. etc.

Moon: People are awful! All they do is hurt each other and take from each other! Our goal is to place everyone into eternal sleep so they cannot be evil any more.
    To enhance this, have there be many notable "bad" NPCs (not from the evil team) who steal, vandalize, bully, etc. Even small details such as accounts of numerous (not just one) recent major conflicts can make it seem like the team has a point--people really are out of control. Instances of poverty and lack of resources can help, too.
    To conclude this, admit that there can be bad in the world, but punishing everyone isn't the right way to fix the problem. A little bit of kindness goes a long way, and can encourage others to be kind, too.

This can offer numerous NPCs various growth opportunities: in Sun, coming to terms with their own weakness of being unable to plan around the fact that people need rest, sleep or otherwise, from their work in order to perform their best; in Moon, learning to remain positive and kind towards others even when others aren't kind to you--or admitting your behaviors are wrong and learning to perform kind acts. Just as some examples.

Perhaps the legendaries will have abilities or attacks in relation to this: the lion regarding waking up/staying awake, and the bat regarding falling/staying asleep (some people have mentioned that its appearance is similar to a dream catcher's).
    That'll make it the third moon related legend who is also connected to sleep. The Sinnoh Lunar duo being the others. It'll be nice if Lunaala was their duo master.

Avablitz

Guardian of the Ruins
    Years
  • Sun and Moon's New Bad Guys!

What Team Rocket ripoff do you think we can look forward to? Pokemon types used and motivation behind their evil scheme?

Personally I'm hoping for ones modeled after Team Aqua. Pirates in a island region? Oh hell yes.

JolteonUsedOutrage

National Pokedex Completed!
    Years
  • I think we will have 2 evil groups similar to gen3. Or at least Im hoping we do. About the pokemon they use I doubt they will drastically change from other gens. Of course we will see new pokemon as well but dem golbat will be there for sure. As for their intention I honestly cant think of anything in particular. I can tell you what Im hoping for though. Im hoping it has to do something with astronomy, one team wants to caputre solgaleo and extinguish night and the other want to capture Lunaala to extinguish day each for their own selfish reasons i guess. This kinds of interractions could make some awesome scenes.

LilBueno

Boy Wonder
    Years
  • I wouldn't mind a rehash of Team Rocket's core ideas -a Pokémon mafia-like group- that's more interested in the crime and money. Team Flare seemed to be made to resemble that, but just failed horribly in execution. That said, I can't see that in a region like Alola.

Years
  • Not sure if they're going to want to have them too identified with the promoted gimmicks of the new region. It might be a slightly lazy route, so it's possible they'll go for it at this point in the series, but nonetheless hopefully they can get something vaguely interesting in thematically there, to take the attention away from the so-far quite 'friendly' and generally a bit slow opening.

Years
  • Given the nasty terrorist attacks in Paris last year and how that will impact on how evil teams are handled, I wouldn't mind if Sun & Moon's villain team do a more simplistic plot, aka one that doesn't involve threatening the region because there are still people traumatized by terrorism and Game Freak wouldn't really want to promote stuff like that in a game like Pokemon.

Years
  • Given the nasty terrorist attacks in Paris last year and how that will impact on how evil teams are handled, I wouldn't mind if Sun & Moon's villain team do a more simplistic plot, aka one that doesn't involve threatening the region because there are still people traumatized by terrorism and Game Freak wouldn't really want to promote stuff like that in a game like Pokemon.

Team Galactic had bombs that caused parts of Sinnoh to shake. N's Plasma attacked the League in a way. Ghetsis' Neo Plasma Froze Opelucid. Team Magma and Aqua can be called eco-terrorists. Team Rocket captured a company causing town to go into lockdown, years later they took over a radio tower. Flare was ready to nuke the world. All the teams have done terrorist like things, even Rocket.

Years
  • Team Galactic had bombs that caused parts of Sinnoh to shake. N's Plasma attacked the League in a way. Ghetsis' Neo Plasma Froze Opelucid. Team Magma and Aqua can be called eco-terrorists. Team Rocket captured a company causing town to go into lockdown, years later they took over a radio tower. Flare was ready to nuke the world. All the teams have done terrorist like things, even Rocket.

I forgot all those plots for some reason, but I know anime gets affected a lot by real-world disasters. If the games start catching onto the sensitivity I could see the new villain team do a plot that doesn't harm the world, but the heavily speculated "eternal day/night" theme.

Years
  • I forgot all those plots for some reason, but I know anime gets affected a lot by real-world disasters. If the games start catching onto the sensitivity I could see the new villain team do a plot that doesn't harm the world, but the heavily speculated "eternal day/night" theme.

For some reason I imagine a hypothetical team Moon doing something like Madara and Tobi did in Naruto with their 'Infinite Tsukuyomi jutsu'. It was meant to put everyone to sleep and live in a dream world that was their personal utopia.

If the games did catch up to real life events then RSE wouldn't have been remade as there was flooding on Kyushu some months prior to OrAS coming out irc. Though most of the time bad stuff that mimic the games in some way tend to happen after they're out, like Kyushu's real life counterpart to Mt. Chimney sending dust into the air, and not to mention earthquakes (though it felt like they mentioned them less if not at all in the remakes compared to the originals). While real life New York got a big snow storm some time after B2W2...

ElectricN

*006119011483‬
    Years
    • Seen Feb 12, 2019
    I definitely think ( and hope ) it'll be two teams. Lunar Solar, Day Night, etc.

I know a lot of people didn't care for Aqua and Magma, Atleast I've heard people complain about their plot, but they were honestly my favorite. Rocket, Galactic, and Plasma were all fine, but I could not stand Team Flare. The plot was meh but I just hated the team, the designs, their scientists, their admins. Hopefully we'll diverge from that.

Years
  • My favorite Team is actually Galactic followed by Teams Magma & Aqua, Team Plasma, Team Rocket, and at last place Team Flare. I liked Galactic's admins, especially Mars.

jappo

[b]Thank you for being you![/b]
    Years
  • I jut hope that the evil team will have an epic end battlem that actually matters, like the battle with N in Black&White 1. Most of the time its just, let me defeat that boss so I can continue getting badges.

blue

gucci
    Years
  • Ironically, the Galactic Commanders would be much more suitable for these games! I agree with the above points though, it would be great to see more higher ranked members of an Evil Team that play an important role in their team. Giving them their own battle theme would be a start, I didn't like how the Admins of Team Flare shared the same music as the grunts..

Years
  • So, after reading PC Daily's article about the connection to endangered animals with the Pokemon designs so far, I am heavily on board with the theory of the villainous team being based off hunters that threaten to wipe out these Pokemon and it's up to the protagonist to stop their bad antics.

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
    Years
  • So, after reading PC Daily's article about the connection to endangered animals with the Pokemon designs so far, I am heavily on board with the theory of the villainous team being based off hunters that threaten to wipe out these Pokemon and it's up to the protagonist to stop their bad antics.

Although I like the idea, I am really not sure that is a strong enough motivation for an evil team. The only reason I can see that being a good idea is if it is someone like Team Rocket, otherwise it is just going to be a rehash of them. It could be a branch of Team Rocket.

I haven't counted out the possiblity of Team Rocket returning, especially with this being the 20th Ann. Giovanni and Team Rocket have had a ton of returning points in both the Anime and TCG. New Rocket cards coming out, even thought they are trainer or supports and then the Arc of Team Rocket in Unova and then Giovanni becoming more involved with the Anime again and not just the Rocket Trio.

Alumens

Dreamer
    Years
  • Call me crazy, but I would love the evil team to be Team Rocket actually. I mean, rocket, space thing, sun and moon, another space thing... ok I will stop here

Years
  • Although I like the idea, I am really not sure that is a strong enough motivation for an evil team. The only reason I can see that being a good idea is if it is someone like Team Rocket, otherwise it is just going to be a rehash of them. It could be a branch of Team Rocket.

I haven't counted out the possiblity of Team Rocket returning, especially with this being the 20th Ann. Giovanni and Team Rocket have had a ton of returning points in both the Anime and TCG. New Rocket cards coming out, even thought they are trainer or supports and then the Arc of Team Rocket in Unova and then Giovanni becoming more involved with the Anime again and not just the Rocket Trio.

Game Freak don't always have to go to extremes when it comes to villainous teams. A Team Rocket comeback would be appropriate for the 20th anniversary but I still doubt it since Alola is distant from the other regions.

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
    Years
  • Game Freak don't always have to go to extremes when it comes to villainous teams. A Team Rocket comeback would be appropriate for the 20th anniversary but I still doubt it since Alola is distant from the other regions.

I know that they said that we can't compare the pokemon World with the Real World, but if it is a reference, Alola is close to Kanto and Johto. We know that some members are from Unova and Giovanni reappeared in Unova.

And I am not sure it has been confirmed that Alola is distance from the other regions. They confirmed that with Kalos and Unova, but I don't remember them saying anything about it for Alola. And if the hero is from Kanto like other have suggested, it would make since if it was possible for Team Rocket to come up in Unova.

And honestly, all teams have been extreme. I don't think we will see a non extreme evil orginization. Plasma wasn't bad, but even Black Plasma wanted to destory and take over the world. Flare wanted to destroy Kalos. Aqua and Magma wanted to redo the world in their views. Plasma wanted to destroy the world.

Team Rocket is the only team that wasn't hell bent on destroy their region or world. Even the Pokemon Ranger and Game Cube Team weren't as simple as Team Rocket.

I just don't think it is a big enough motive unless it was Team Rocket.

DarkDon43

Delta Shock Creator
    Years
  • The evil team shouldn't be re-made versions of old teams and I think they should add a interesting quirk for the team and not something bland or boring

Years
  • I know that they said that we can't compare the pokemon World with the Real World, but if it is a reference, Alola is close to Kanto and Johto. We know that some members are from Unova and Giovanni reappeared in Unova.

And I am not sure it has been confirmed that Alola is distance from the other regions. They confirmed that with Kalos and Unova, but I don't remember them saying anything about it for Alola. And if the hero is from Kanto like other have suggested, it would make since if it was possible for Team Rocket to come up in Unova.

And honestly, all teams have been extreme. I don't think we will see a non extreme evil orginization. Plasma wasn't bad, but even Black Plasma wanted to destory and take over the world. Flare wanted to destroy the World. Aqua and Magma wanted to redo the world in their views. Galactic wanted to destroy the Universe.

Team Rocket is the only team that wasn't hell bent on destroying their region or world. Even the Pokemon Ranger and Game Cube Team weren't as simple as Team Rocket.

I just don't think it is a big enough motive unless it was Team Rocket.
    By Rocket in Unova are you referring to the Grunt that was in the house only accessible in Winter in BW, and Giovanni's appearance in B2W2?
    It's possible to transport between regions as Caitlin who's from Sinnoh or Johto went to Unova, as did Cynthia from Sinnoh, and she also went to Johto. However, I wonder as to who would make a neo Rocket. It'll feel like the Sevii post game in FrLg all over again.

Back