• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Yellow hack: Evo-Yellow - All Pokemon Follow, Evolve Pikachu, catchable 250+ pokemon, alt. Minimalist 151 vers and Eevee/Meowth Starter Versions

If I made a spin-off version with a different 1-evo pokemon starter, which would you want most?

• Meowth (I strongly lean this way because Team Rocket had following Meowth/ kitty is cute.)

Votes: 125 26.0%
  • Magikarp (might be hard to draw emotions... I mean, it's a fish)

Votes: 53 11.0%
  • Vulpix

Votes: 91 18.9%
  • Eevee - with one Happiness evo only, alas; other evos in wild. Rival has other Eevee evo or Pikachu.

Votes: 187 38.9%
  • Other (Light, black, or Pikachu-similar palettes preferred so I don't have to mess with it >_>)

Votes: 25 5.2%

• Total voters
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Nov 3, 2021
I'm having some difficulty getting the hack working. I wanted to play the Meowth version's most recent .ups originally, but I've also tried the regular Pikachu version's .ups, the Steel and Dark Meowth versions, and a couple .ips files from older versions of Meowth and Pikachu (all with a clean rom that works well on its own) with no luck.

Patching either .ups gives a "patch is corrupt" error on two different patching programs, while .ips gives a "Done, but patch is truncated or misaligned..." error that makes the rom whitescreen upon running it in an emulator.

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Sep 17, 2023
It would mean the world to me if you could put up a playable ups patch because I really want to play the newest version🙂

bek

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Oct 15, 2022
Hi I've been playing with editing the minimalist version and I was wondering what I would need to do if I wanted to use the old back sprites instead of the gen II ones? I tried editing the code myself by comparing it to pokeyellow but it just lead to disaster so I'm probably overlooking some stuff I need to edit...

And for people having issues compiling -- I was too until I tried using an older version of rgbds and now I have no more issues. I tried to make patches from the compiled roms, maybe these will work.

And if anyone wants here is an alternate eevee follow sprite I made as well hah.

Attachments

• evoyellow.ips
    628.2 KB · Views: 26
  • evoyellow - minimalist.ips
    353.2 KB · Views: 10
  • eevee.png
    eevee.png
    9.8 KB · Views: 250
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Nov 3, 2021
I am having the same issue as the other recent posters, trying to play 3.9, keeps saying patch corrupted, I'm trying to do it via UniPatcher and MyBoy but neither work. Can't access a PC right now either.

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Sep 17, 2023
I dont want to have to build it up myself because I dont know how to do that and I would be really glad if you could put an playable ups patch🙂

Years
  • Age 55
  • Seen Sep 11, 2023
i tried to patch it myself with cygwin64 and all the other programs you mentioned in your readme on github, but i cant get it to work. sadly :(
a person named "Alpdrucken" had the same issues, but somehow managed to get it work. can you explain how it works or make it patchable with NUPS? thank you very much.

€: i got it to run. but not v3.9, just v.3.3. if you have any questions feel free to message me.

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Feb 24, 2022
So I almost got this to work from github, not quite though it looks like the author is using a rather ancient version of the pret sources as his base. Now that required building a python 2.7.18 and version 0.3.1 of rgbds but sadly this won't work with an up to date libpng. So you're basically stuck there. Now i was able to build a version 3.3 by building a plain vanilla pret Pokemon Yellow, and applying the ips files from this thread but that's 3.3

My guess is you would need to build the github sources in an Ubuntu 18.04 VM to get it to work.

Years
there is a 3.9 ups patch in GitHub but I've tried to patch it using many ways like trying to using several UPS patchers and even built a pokeyellow for assably and tring to patch it but i always falied
maybe the file is corrupted
if anybody manage to patch the game please share the way here

Mr. Magius

  
Years
None of the recent ups patches on the github work... only the old 3.2 ips files seem to be working for me. Anyone have any luck?

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen Jun 26, 2022
The UPS also doesn't work and building this thing has some errors in it that I don't have the technical know-how to fix. OP really needs to update the patch file if possible.

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Jun 19, 2022
I am really sorry for the folks having so much trouble with patchers. I couldn't figure why on earth it was corrupting, trying multiple. Finally I tried the UPSET patcher and it worked, at least for me. So hopefully folks will no longer have to disassemble from scratch to play the most recent version!

I also added Bill as a boss fight, and added in Celebi and Mimikyu, swapping out Smeargle (because the Sketch was buggy and I also wanted Celebi for Bill fight)
and Manatyke.

If I ever get a more modern computer, I will try to re-make on a newer version of pokemon yellow. However that might be quite awhile, sorry. The computer I am using is an ancient version of windows (I know, ouch).

To the person who asked about back sprites, you can just swap out the gen II back sprites by either:
over-writing those with a file of the exact same size in width/length.
adding a new file and renaming the sprite url in the source code. I think most of them are in main.asm

Again, I am very sorry for not updating this for so long. I don't know why older IPS patches that seemed to work before bugged up - it's possible my computer is so old the memory is spontaneously corrupting some files, which would be not good. x__x

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen Jun 26, 2022
Alright, I'll give the UPSET patcher a go and will report back. Thanks for the timely reply!

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen Jun 26, 2022
Nope, it's still corrupt. No patcher I have works. I don't know if there's any particular ROM that needs patching but it seems to refuse to work for me.

I might try to make it in cygwin. Which version of rgbds did you use to make this?

Update: I managed to build it with 0.2.5. Other versions throw a bunch of errors. So I'm on the current build now.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Jun 19, 2022
I'm so sorry. I don't know why on earth it's patching for me and yet not other people! My patches used to work. x__x

and sadly, my reply was only timely by accident. I just happened to randomly log in after months of absence.

Maybe a dumb question, but did you use the newest patch? I put up a new one I made with the UPSET patcher. The older ones were indeed still corrupt with it.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Jun 19, 2022
Thats too bad was really looking forward playing this hack 🙂

I figured it out!
The problem was genuinely my computer's memory re-write. It's corrupted. That's why patches were working for me the first time I tested them and then not working later - I made new patches with the same name as an old patch and this corrupted the patch. So the new patch, with a totally new name, should HOPEFULLY work for other people: it's working for me, at least.

Years
  • Seen yesterday
If it means anything, I downloaded the Eevee patch today in the first post (I missed the part where it said not to download it because it's old), patched it, and it was working fine for me on Pizza Boy in Android.

Last edited:
Back