• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Yellow hack: Evo-Yellow - All Pokemon Follow, Evolve Pikachu, catchable 250+ pokemon, alt. Minimalist 151 vers and Eevee/Meowth Starter Versions

If I made a spin-off version with a different 1-evo pokemon starter, which would you want most?

• Meowth (I strongly lean this way because Team Rocket had following Meowth/ kitty is cute.)

Votes: 125 26.0%
  • Magikarp (might be hard to draw emotions... I mean, it's a fish)

Votes: 53 11.0%
  • Vulpix

Votes: 91 18.9%
  • Eevee - with one Happiness evo only, alas; other evos in wild. Rival has other Eevee evo or Pikachu.

Votes: 187 38.9%
  • Other (Light, black, or Pikachu-similar palettes preferred so I don't have to mess with it >_>)

Votes: 25 5.2%

• Total voters
Years
  • Seen today
I was saying that the Eevee download in the OP's post here on Pokecommunity worked (on my phone anyway). I didn't download anything from Github. I don't even know if the Pikachu download in OP's post works.

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen Jun 26, 2022
I'm so sorry. I don't know why on earth it's patching for me and yet not other people! My patches used to work. x__x

and sadly, my reply was only timely by accident. I just happened to randomly log in after months of absence.

Maybe a dumb question, but did you use the newest patch? I put up a new one I made with the UPSET patcher. The older ones were indeed still corrupt with it.

I did, but I've got a working version now since I built it in cygwin at least. By the way, is Rinrin not in 3.9? I remember getting it from a trainer in 3.3 but they don't seem to be here in this version.

Years
  • Seen today
I've just encountered a weird glitch. I was playing as the girl character and entered Cinnabar Gym. Then as soon as I got inside, there was this man standing in the black area (outside of the gym). Then dialogue boxes for Blaine start randomly start popping up and then the Pokemon fight started. All of that happened without me having to go past the other trainers and talk to Blaine.

Then after I walked out of the gym, my sprite changed to the boy character, and now it's stuck as the boy character. I tried entering the Pokemon Centre and re-entering and exiting the Gym and it's still stuck as the boy character.

Was this fixed in any of the later releases?

Years
  • Seen Dec 15, 2022
I got 3.9 to compile. Testing right now and it seems to be working as intended. Can share an UPS file and instructions if people are interested and LongLostSoldier is OK with it.

Years
  • Seen Dec 15, 2022
As promised, here's the working patch. Will try to send it to LongLostSoul on GitHub and see if it can be hosted in the official repo for preservation.

Attachments

• EvoYellow (3.9).ups
    645.1 KB · Views: 145
  • EvoBrown (3.9).ups
    698.6 KB · Views: 86
Last edited:
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Sep 17, 2023
Uhm i just found suicune in the grass between pallet and viridian is that suppose to happen? Because I caught it but it wont show up on the pokedex

Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Sep 1, 2023
As promised, here's the working patch. Will try to send it to LongLostSoul on GitHub and see if it can be hosted in the official repo for preservation.

Is there any way to do the standard Meowth version too? Thanks so much for sharing nonetheless!

Days
  • Age 33
  • Seen Dec 10, 2023
did the meowth version ever release?

They did release a Meowth version, but it's not finished.

Also....

Not sure if it's mentioned, but in 3.9 patch don't talk to the girl in the underground tunnel who trades for Farfetch'D. It freezes and kills the game.

Another bug I found is sometimes fire attacks leave a mon frozen instead of burned.

The saddle is cool, but maybe adding some dialogue like we are out of bicycles, but here's a saddle to ride your Pokemon!

Also didn't realize Carvannah and Sharpedo were given different looks, so kantonian forms!

Girafraigs tail looks kinda of like it's head and Sir Fetchd could have used more art work.

And some signs give off the message of trees.

Other than that I applied the patch to a rom copy of my Pokemon Yellow cart and it's really fun!

Also here's a list of followable sprites and what I gathered which ones you get:

Random-Rhydon
Ground-Sandshrew
Rock-Geodude
Psychic-Mew
Flying-Bird
Reptilian-Dragonair
Bug-Butterfree
Fairy-Clefairy
Grass/plant-Oddish
Water/amphibous-squirtle
Ice-Seel
Electric-voltorb/electrode
Ghost-Ghastly
Taurus/ponyta-tauros
Slime-ditto

Special
-Charmander
-Charizard
-Mewtwo?
-Bulbasaur
-Squirtle
-Pikachu
-Raichu
-Gyarados
-Lapras
-Snorlax
-Chansey
-Beast (raikou, suicune, entei) also is the icon when using the Saddle

Last edited:
Days
  • Age 33
  • Seen Dec 10, 2023
I've just encountered a weird glitch. I was playing as the girl character and entered Cinnabar Gym. Then as soon as I got inside, there was this man standing in the black area (outside of the gym). Then dialogue boxes for Blaine start randomly start popping up and then the Pokemon fight started. All of that happened without me having to go past the other trainers and talk to Blaine.

Then after I walked out of the gym, my sprite changed to the boy character, and now it's stuck as the boy character. I tried entering the Pokemon Centre and re-entering and exiting the Gym and it's still stuck as the boy character.

Was this fixed in any of the later releases?
I encountered this female to male gender swap bug too in the 3.9 Evobrown version. Such a shame :(

Also no one mentioned this but there's two people wanted to trade in Cinnabar for Eevees. Sometimes they crash your game. Also all fossils result in getting Fearows.

Last edited:
Years

only the attached 3.9 ups patch files from here work. the ones sent & posted on LongLostSoul's Github page seem to be corrupt

edit 10/3 - the 3.9 evobrown & evoyellow ups patch files from this person's fork of EvoYellow appear to work, which have slightly different file sizes than the ones from LongLostSoul's Github page. the evomeowth 3.9 ups patch, on the other hand, is still broken and/or corrupt as I've recently tested that one myself

Last edited:
Days
  • Age 33
  • Seen Dec 10, 2023
only the attached 3.9 ups patch files from here work. the ones sent & posted on LongLostSoul's Github page seem to be corrupt

edit 10/3 - the 3.9 evobrown & evoyellow ups patch files from this person's fork of EvoYellow appear to work, which have slightly different file sizes than the ones from LongLostSoul's Github page. the evomeowth 3.9 ups patch, on the other hand, is still broken and/or corrupt as I've recently tested that one myself

Any chance we can get a working minimalist version posted somewhere? Would like just the following mon and female trainer option?

Years
Any chance we can get a working minimalist version posted somewhere? Would like just the following mon and female trainer option?

maybe ask Daikage here to produce the minimalist version ups patch and have that person post it

I did find this Reddit thread who has the working old 3.3 ips evoyellow version though (not a "minimalist" version of 3.3)

File size info properties of the "working" non-corrupted IPS/UPS patch files I've obtained in early October:
EvoBrown (3.9).ups > 715,368 bytes (698KB)
EvoYellow (3.9).ups > 660,624 bytes (645KB)
Evoyellow v3.3.ips > 540,572 bytes (527KB)

any of those patch files that do not match the file size properties that I have are corrupted. please check carefully the file sizes of the downloaded ips or ups files in Linux/MacOS/Windows. only the ips & ups files that have these exact file sizes are the ones that are working.

Uhm i just found suicune in the grass between pallet and viridian is that suppose to happen? Because I caught it but it wont show up on the pokedex

happened to me too. encountered a lvl30 suicune on route 1 one time (every time I catch a suicune I immediately teach it HM03 surf).
another time I encountered either a raikou or entei on the grass area west of cerulean city & east of mt. moon

Last edited:
Days
  • Age 33
  • Seen Dec 10, 2023

Any chance you can compile a minimalist version? The one on longlostsoul's github is correct.

Back