• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Yellow hack: Evo-Yellow - All Pokemon Follow, Evolve Pikachu, catchable 250+ pokemon, alt. Minimalist 151 vers and Eevee/Meowth Starter Versions

If I made a spin-off version with a different 1-evo pokemon starter, which would you want most?

• Meowth (I strongly lean this way because Team Rocket had following Meowth/ kitty is cute.)

Votes: 125 26.0%
  • Magikarp (might be hard to draw emotions... I mean, it's a fish)

Votes: 53 11.0%
  • Vulpix

Votes: 91 18.9%
  • Eevee - with one Happiness evo only, alas; other evos in wild. Rival has other Eevee evo or Pikachu.

Votes: 187 38.9%
  • Other (Light, black, or Pikachu-similar palettes preferred so I don't have to mess with it >_>)

Votes: 25 5.2%

• Total voters
Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Apr 22, 2022
Great game.

I feel like the happiness is erratic. My Pikachu evolved into Raichu on its own without the stone, presumably because it was happy enough. And it was, it was jumping etc when I talked to it. But now Raichu is turning away from me when I talk to it. Which is a problem because it needs to be happy so I can get Bulbasaur! Advice?

Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Feb 4, 2024
Why doesn't Sandshrew learn Ice Punch? Regular Alolan Sandshrew does. The strongest move it learns is Ice Fang at level 43...

Years
um im still getting use to the forums being back online and um for this rom hack pokemon evo yellow wheres the download button? i mean i checked github (i hate github cause theres never EVER a link or anything that leads to the releases page for anything on github plus some things dont even have one so im left wondering how the hell do i download stuff from github half the time) but how do i get this game? i thought it was gonna be a patch for yellow version i mean i dont know how to rebuild games and such as im hoping i dont have to do cause otherwise crap im screwed on playing this if i have to do that someone please help?

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen yesterday
um im still getting use to the forums being back online and um for this rom hack pokemon evo yellow wheres the download button? i mean i checked github (i hate github cause theres never EVER a link or anything that leads to the releases page for anything on github plus some things dont even have one so im left wondering how the hell do i download stuff from github half the time) but how do i get this game? i thought it was gonna be a patch for yellow version i mean i dont know how to rebuild games and such as im hoping i dont have to do cause otherwise crap im screwed on playing this if i have to do that someone please help?

There are download links for the patch at the attached files section at the bottom of the first post.

Years
i have a question i caught a yellow zubat right after seeing a yellow ratata but right as im writing this im battling a green zubat now? why is zubat yellow and another one is green? i dont remember reading shinies were put in this game cause they werent in gen 1 originally so can anyone please tell me why theres two different colored zubats (both are wild btw)

this is a edit (i have screenshots of the green zubat being wild and it in my party after i caught it and the yellow zubat when its in my party after i caught it i cant post links here i think?)

Last edited:

Zero-G

on the fly
Years
There are definitely shinies in this game, because (and I'm not joking right now) I caught two shiny Rattata (the yellow/golden ones), four shiny female Nidoran (black) and a shiny Togepi before Mt. Moon >_>

I guess the various colors are up to the GBC's limited coloring, and as far as I remember the dev did put in alternate schemes for colors, so there's that.

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Nov 23, 2023
I have some bugs to report from v3.2.

Fire Fang is freezing instead of burning.
Ice Fang is burning instead of freezing.

Dragon Rage is causing some strange effects. After using it, no move used is using any PP; Hyper Beam doesn't need to recharge, even if it doesn't faint the other pokémon.

And when I entered the Cinnabar Gym (with a girl sprite), Blaine starts talking to me, starting the Gym Leader battle, and when I won, my sprite becomes a boy.

Sorry about my bad english, just woke up.

Zero-G

on the fly
Years
Playing 3.2 and using VBA, I'd like to add another bug:

I went into Fuchsia via Cycling Road and talked to the move deleter to make my Heracross forget Cut. However, as soon as I selected Cut to be deleted, the game completely restarted itself (meaning, the starting video sequence came up), erasing my save data.

Years
i know that shinys were put into gen 2 games not pokemon yellow which was gen 1 they took fan art of pokemon that were different colors and got the idea for shinys and put them in gen 2 but even if the developer of this rom hack put the shinys in the game i have now gone from 2 or 3 different colored zubats to 5 different colored zubats i gave up on catching them and just took a screen shot when i ran into them in the wild also why did my pikachu evolve at level 16 i thought this rom hack allowed me to use a thunderstone but i had just beaten brock and gotten past the first 3 trainers after him and my pikachu evolved into raichu also i dont know why but every time one of my pokemon faints text shows up saying the poke ate a little and my pokemon faints and the opponents pokemon wild or trainers doesnt matter ends up healing some health sometimes even when my pokemon doesnt faint from a move the same thing happens and sometimes its ended up making my pokemon faint cause the opponents pokemon had more health and if they didnt heal i would have been able to take them out but then they finish off my pokemon due to the healing i wouldnt mind if the opponent when its a trainers pokemon the trainer uses a item but they dont it usually happens when my pokemon faints also when walking around the trainers right after brock before mt moon whatever pokemon is following me besides raichu they blink when i move as if their vanishing and reappearing when i move in any direction this game looks fun (also i chose the girl sprite) but it seems gen one games are to broken to handle being modded lmao XDDDD no but seriously please help?

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Nov 23, 2023
Talking about healing items, which items does works like a berry, besides chow and berry juice?

Zero-G

on the fly
Years
(ignoring how there's like 2 pages full of hidden posts that won't show, lol)

I'm back with some extra occurrances on the move deleter crashes on 3.2.

Here's a few examples:
I had to teach my Yanmega Flash and wanted to delete it > Game freezes
Trying to relearn my (shiny, because it was orange) Golduck any move (I used Scratch because I accidentally clicked too fast) > Game freezes
Alolan Sandslash can have its moves deleted normally, but trying to teach it Poison Fang to test > Game freezes

Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Jun 26, 2019
Hey, I started playing this a few days ago and I think its an awesome rom hack, but I ran into some trouble with the Move Deleter in Fushia City. The game freezes up whenever I try to use the feature, and that's still after get lucky enough to select which Pokemon I want her to delete a move from. I'm playing the latest version for reference.

Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Jun 26, 2019
So okay, it turns out I can use the Move Deleter as normal if I at least use the Move Relearner first. Only problem now is that I can delete Flash from Clefairy.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Nov 20, 2023
I just got Sucker Punched by Dugtrio on a turn where I used a Berry Juice. Now that IS a sucker punch! And a bug. Also, Nuzzle doesn't always paralyse. In fact, in my experience, it never has.

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Jul 2, 2019
I made an account to hopefully warn people who are gonna play this rom because I didnt see any warnings or fixes for it.

At the very beginning of the game DO NOT accept the Rinrin from the NPC who gives you a potion!! It will glitch your game and you wont be able to deliver Oaks Parcel.

Dont be like me. Dont roll a purple shiny 'Chu your first start up and then glitch your game. I'm actually upset about this.... Ive reset the game 20 more times and even if Oak catches a shiny Pikachu the one I receive is never shiny. I hate to be petty about it but I probably am just gonna quit this rom already. Id hate for something like this to happen even further in the game.

Back