• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

EX: ACANTHITE - The biggest thing in faking history

Zack

Arr!
Years
Wow. Those should be made into real TCG cards, when you finish this set you should look into that, it'll score you a lot of money and stuff.

The art is better then some real cards, and the blanks are awesome.

One card I find odd is Rabbair, his Poke-Body prevents all damage and effects done by fighting pokemon, but his weakness is fighting o.O

Years
Wow. Those should be made into real TCG cards, when you finish this set you should look into that, it'll score you a lot of money and stuff. Zack
since that will be very hard to do and all that (by getting Nintendos' ok, finding out to actually print those cards so that they look like the Authentic cards, and how to make the booster pack so that they look Authentic.

Hard work :D

i'm loving the Cobroast very kool and Darukeni
and i noticed on the Striktoil* art Here
that it is a bit jagged, it would look better smooth

Last edited:
Years
Awsome, as usual. What sucks is I'll be gone on thursday starting at 6:00. If you could maybe either:

A.) Post them one day early :shocked:

or

B.) Post them at 3:00 to 4:00 in the morning :shocked: (In whatever timezone arizona's in, which is two hours earlier than New York. :shocked:)

or

C.) Just make me wait, whaich would be kinda cool to. I already missed a bunch while I was in New York! LOL

Fangking Omega

Acanthite founder
Years
Technically it's Thursday where I am. Don't moan. I've gotta be places in the morning.
Today – probably our best update so far. It explains itself. STUNNING.

Enjoy it all! :-p

Note, we've released 50 Acanthite cards now.

Lunanai

Beginning Faker
Years
Darukorika & Swardiful- excellent illus
Aquericle- it's stage 1, not stage 2- right? (change that)
Catayne- aaaaa, you've changed it into psychic. i liked it much more when it was in water.
Magnemite- one of the best illustrations i've ever seen. it's even better than some real illustrations of magnemite
Shootree- like the pic

sorry about not commenting the attacks. to tired right now,
so the pics are easy to look at.

great job, once again

Nemes

L'Adorabile Terrone
Years
Hmmm, there are some errors on Aquericle's "Aqua Body": it should be a Poké-Body, and the text isn't spelled right. I guess it should be something like this:

Poké-Body: Aqua Body: Whenever Aquericle is attacked by your opponent's [W] Pokémon, discard 1 [W] Energy attached to the Attacking Pokémon.

On Maskit's "Pupal Protection", "put damage counters on it until it has 10 HP left instead".

Years
  • Seen Oct 1, 2008
[cut-and-paste]

I don't know anyone else who stays up until a quarter past one in the morning to post cards...talk about dedicated.

And how can you have corrected a card on 28 July? It's still only the 27th, mate. :P

Anyway, time for the ratings!
--------------------------------------------------

Darukorika - Good attacks, good Body, great illustration. 10/10

Swardiful - That Body is powerful...Forest Harmony, I'd have switched the coin flips around. 9.5/10

Aquericle - Good Power, good attack, especially for 2 Energy cost. 10/10

Maskit - That picture's so cool! Brilliant Power. Startle...hmm. Not sure. 9/10

Tayovrail - ERROR! ERROR! Energy Recovery says "Search your dicard pile for a {P} Energy cards and attach it to Tayvrail. 8/10

Catayne - First sentence of Mythical Support should be "Count the number of Pokémon you have in play with Mythical on their card." Otherwise, good. 8.5/10

Magnemite - First sentence of Magnet Pull should be "...Pokémon, if any." Volt Repel is good, and I really like the picture. 8.5/10

Oxyril - Aw, cute! ^_^ Good attack, too. Overall, good! ^_^ 9.5/10

Shootree - Last three lines should be, "...not afected by Weakness, Resistance, Poké-Powers, Poké-Bodies, or any other effects on the Defending Pokémon. Plus, in the whole effect there's three "Pokemon" and two "Poke", with no é. 7.5/10

Light Energy - COOL! No errors, and that illustration is beyond awesome...and the blank! Need I say anything? 10/10

Yes, a very good batch indeed. Sorry if I'm getting meaner. :P

[/cut-and-paste]

Anyone else noticed on the Acanthite website's card list, there's supposedly a 115/114? Box topper, perhaps?

Last edited:

QFred

Behold...
Years
Nice bunch! And I love the Special Energy blank!

Darukorika: I wouldn't thought Darukeni would have an evolution... I like the art and the whole Pokémon; it looks like a spider at first glance but it seems smoother and more lethal... Arm Block is brutal; Good bye mew ex and Pidgeot and stuff... Momentum Punch is a very balnced attack; the right base damage and a possible 210 damage at first glance. Chakra Blast is also very good... dealing a high amount of damage with a drawback... 10/10
----
Swardiful: I guess this one is much like Gardevoir, the body is a female form but I guess the males are much like it...the art is very smooth and pleasant and the holo effect has an awesome effect on the BG. Purity guard is a good Body and if the effect was increased it would be awfully broken so... Twilight Screen is also very cool, working most like Agility and that kind of attack but with the particularity of working only if your opponent really attacks. Forest Harmony is, like Chakra Blast on Darukorika, the high damage but, in this case, the effect possibly being worse... 10/10
----
Aquericle: I ike the Pokémon... It looks very fluffy and somewhat cute, but the position of it in the picture makes it look kinda fierce. This is the kind of Power I would use as an Body, but the disability of its use if the Pokey is affected by a SC... Viloent Osmosis is a cool attack... but the fact of only dealing 60 damage total is a major drawback but... since it is a Stage 1 that I suppose that evolves, the drawback makes sense. 9/10
----
Maskit: I love the art, it looks so cool! Pupal Protection is like Endure only Endure doesn't make the user retreat with disabilition of the Power/Attack. Also, on the text, Power is not capitalized and I think it should be... Stratle is the opposite on nowadays attacks since it does more damage to the Basics and nothing to Pokémon-ex. 8/10
----
Tayovrail: Woot, nice art, I really love the background used! Energy recovery is great, enabling the user to recover power and HP! The second attack can do good damage but I woundn't rely on it... 8/10
----
Catayne: I think the looks on it are a bit odd and scary, since the eyes are drawn in such a position. The BG is kinda cool! I like the effect it has... The first attack is cool, and the effect is balanced due to the fact there aren't that many Mythical Pokémon. I think Psychotic Wave is overpowered because it deals 30 damage plus a 50% chance of taking less damage is to much for a Basic and PC. 6,5/10
----
Magnemite: Nice art, I like the shading and the colors on the BG. Again, overpowered... LC for 20 damage and forced DP switch is a bit high and LL for 30 plus AP switch is also a bit too much but, since the attack doesn't allow the player to choose whether(sp?) he/she is switch or not makes the attack a bit more fair. 9/10
----
Shootree: Woot, malefic looks on the eyes of the critter... Nice art indeed and I like the shading and the placing of the monster on the BG. Shoot Whack, for GC, I think it is also overpowered, maybe taking off the Swift-like effect and it would be much more fair. 9/10
----
Light Energy: I don't own many Special Energies so I can't say anything about the placement or fonts, especially on an Acanthite blank. I think the name fonts has a low height and the "Special Energy card" thingie is a bit too low... The effect font also seems a bit boldish and blurry. The energy type symbol on the top of the card seems also a bit blurry. Nonetheless, I really like the effect of the card! I can't wait to see the Virus Energy.

I must say, very good bunch of card today realeased!

Cascade Of The Sky

Shining Porygon master
Years
Double dash:
Anyone else noticed on the Acanthite website's card list, there's supposedly a 115/114? Box topper, perhaps?

YES! - thanx double dash for noticing... This card is a VERY very rare card.. it is going to be the VERY last card released in this set! me and fang know what it is.. but we're not telling!

fang is fixing the mistakes now... :) - thanx for ppointing them out... and i sketched the position of the shootree art! (fang, redid it to look sugi!) - he did a VERY good job, and i LOVE it's poisition too! did anyone notice OXYRIL!?!

Years
ummm, did u mean to yell that?
i know, lots of ERRORS!!!11!111, what is happening to you guys's???
-_-, maybe Thursdays are coming to quickly? you guys's need a rest

Cascade Of The Sky

Shining Porygon master
Years
blennix, it's been 5 weeks since w estarted the project! Only 5 weeks!, - we have 50 cards complete, and thats Almost half the set of 114 cards! - this is a great acheive ment, and if we simply.. Rest? we'll become to idle to start again! it is going in a smooth pase now that fangking has got the hang of faking again, exempt from the busy week he JSUT had! - we already have 3 cards done.. and the 10 cards were just only released, basically ysterday!?! - common sense???

Years
  • Seen Oct 1, 2008
What were the errors on Aquericle and Maskit?

All looks great now, but Shootree doesn't look from here to have been corrected...

Back