• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Extra! Extra! 1st issue

Artemis

i'm no goddess
Years
    • Seen Dec 10, 2013
    I'm sure a lot of new changes will be made for the second issue, I for one am looking forward to it. Thank you pokemon xd for the news update on the next issue. xD

Years
  • @ Green storm: Have what the newspaper crossword?

@Dope: Yeah i know xD

@ Flash: no prob,

@Everyone: In the next issue were still discussing things but there may be a hacking section, Also if anyone would like to be a reporter, Proof reader, or anything else i haven't added please post on this thread.

Artemis

i'm no goddess
    Years
    • Seen Dec 10, 2013
    I believe I discussed with Pokerus this mornign about me being part of the papers, it involved quotes...Did he tell you about that pokemon xd?

Zennerick

The Researcher
    Years
  • I just realized something. Did you just plagiarize your entire third page from this? O_o I mean, yes, you added a URL to the page at the bottom of that page, but you don't credit the author otherwise (and probably haven't asked the author to display their work in your newspaper). Not to mention you're writing a newsletter, so you should be coming up with your own material. It's just good practice simply because you won't run into the risk of getting complaints from the original author, and it's just good practice for something that relies on writing and a level of creativity and good journalism in order to be taken seriously, if that makes sense.

I suggest listening to Valentine. It's not right to plagiarize.

pokerus34

Labyrinthine Rhapsody
    Years
  • *Zennerick* Oh... Yeah... Sorry... So what are your suggestions? Should i include the Author of the feature or never include any URL at all?...
    I guess i should include the Author of the Feature, or i will be accused of piracy/stealing... I'll try enlarging the newspaper, in that way i can include the sources of each element of the newspaper.​
    P.S = :( Shame...​

bobandbill

one more time
    Years
  • Common practise for anything is to ask someone before you go ahead and use their stuff - plagiarism is pretty much a big no-no. =/ Even including the author and urls and everything tends to fall short of what is the common and correct way, which is asking for permission and then making sure you give credit should you get that permission.

Last edited:

ChArkaChu

iS gOnnA eaT yOu
    Years
  • ' hey guys ' i think the next issue will be released this monday or tuesday ' it looks more cool now and the text is not blurry anymore ' and we also made sure that our spelling and grammar is perfect '*pokerus* we made a lot of changes ' weeee '

Years
  • @ Green storm: Have what the newspaper crossword

I meant, may I do a crossword feature, if you don't have one. :P

@Everyone: In the next issue were still discussing things but there may be a hacking section, Also if anyone would like to be a reporter, Proof reader, or anything else i haven't added please post on this thread.

If you ever need graphics, just let me know.

Yams

Polursaring!
    Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Jan 21, 2013
    Great job with this, though there are a lot of improvements that I'm looing forward to.
    I'd like to help if possible, maybe you could add a little pokemon horoscope, except instead of being a Leo or a Taurus you are a Luxray or a Tauros. You can also add a Pokemon of the Issue, as I think someone mentioned earlier, with little tidbits, and maybe a suggested moveset for the pokemon. You would need someone to do that for you though, as you cant take someone elses moveset.
    I'd like to help with this if possible, so I'm asking to be part of the "team"

Back