• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

~Fabulous~ (The Dent/Cilan Fanclub)

Status
Not open for further replies.

AshPikastar

It's Question Time!
    Years
    I love Cilan to death! He is my reason for loving Best Wishes right now. He's just that fabulous! My current favorite BW ship is CafeMochashipping, mainly because it's awesomesauce and just plain adorable. <3

Oh yeah welcome to the club! Yes Cilan is so fabulous and amazingly awesome!

I've yet to watch Cilan in the english fandub. Is he really that bad? o-o;

Not at all. His voice is actually pretty sexy.

Nutella

♫ Purple Hurple ♫
    Years
    In an effort to make sure this thread doesn't fade away, I'll tenuously stay on topic... =)

Have you guys heard about the Easter Comp? I think it's a wonderful idea! Is anybody other than myself competing? Of course, I'm going to include Dento in my entry. We can all enter Dento stuff, so if one of us wins, Dento wins~ It's okay, you can tell me- my logic is superb!

Also, I'm not sure if you people have discussed this, but what's your opinion on WishfulShipping? I think "wishful" summarises it quite nicely (both game and anime canon). What do you think of Bulbapedia's "evidence?" I think it's best viewed as comedy rather than fact...

Aquacorde

⟡ dig down, dig down ⟡
    Years
    Not at all. His voice is actually pretty sexy.
    Ew no he sounds like Sonic.

In an effort to make sure this thread doesn't fade away, I'll tenuously stay on topic... =)

Have you guys heard about the Easter Comp? I think it's a wonderful idea! Is anybody other than myself competing? Of course, I'm going to include Dento in my entry. We can all enter Dento stuff, so if one of us wins, Dento wins~ It's okay, you can tell me- my logic is superb!

Also, I'm not sure if you people have discussed this, but what's your opinion on WishfulShipping? I think "wishful" summarises it quite nicely (both game and anime canon). What do you think of Bulbapedia's "evidence?" I think it's best viewed as comedy rather than fact...
    What, the one in Shipping Debates or the one on DeviantArt? I'm entering the DevArt contest, but I hate sharing things on PC. :<
    Wishful seems so much more like a "friend" relationship than anything. Or siblings. :/

Nutella

♫ Purple Hurple ♫
    Years
    What, the one in Shipping Debates or the one on DeviantArt? I'm entering the DevArt contest, but I hate sharing things on PC. :<

Good luck! I'm entering the Shipping Debates one. I've been meaning to get me a DA ID for ages, haha. Oh well, maybe next year~ haha. I kept on getting banned. I have one main account on FF.net too, but I have others when I get banned from forums or reviewing. People can get touchy with con-crit, and the FF mods are lazy~ Forums and I tend to not mix smoothly, but PC has been very good. Probably 'cos everyone is not retarded.

I'm still hearing Sir Aaron's voice now that my friend keeps mentioning it to me. Noticed how Iris is starting to get more episodes on her? I hope Dento get's episodes on him soon.

Yeah, Iris... does not need that much focus. >__> /so biased

Dude, the bias doesn't matter because Iris is a horrible character (that makes me biased, lol. I'm so funny). Eventually she will win stuff, eventually she will get her adorable Axew to evolve and shizz. Woo, riveting. /moarbias but go Axew.

I really like Sonic's English voice- I heard it from Super Smash Brother Brawl, and I think it suits him well. Whether or not it's for Dento is another matter.

Aquacorde

⟡ dig down, dig down ⟡
    Years

Good luck! I'm entering the Shipping Debates one. I've been meaning to get me a DA ID for ages, haha. Oh well, maybe next year~ haha. I kept on getting banned. I have one main account on FF.net too, but I have others when I get banned from forums or reviewing. People can get touchy with con-crit, and the FF mods are lazy~ Forums and I tend to not mix smoothly, but PC has been very good. Probably 'cos everyone is not retarded.
    Banned from DevArt? I didn't know that happened. Of course, I only found out they have a forum last week. After being there for 5+years.

Dude, the bias doesn't matter because Iris is a horrible character (that makes me biased, lol. I'm so funny). Eventually she will win stuff, eventually she will get her adorable Axew to evolve and shizz. Woo, riveting. /moarbias but go Axew.
    It is all so true. xD

I really like Sonic's English voice- I heard it from Super Smash Brother Brawl, and I think it suits him well. Whether or not it's for Dento is another matter.
    Sonic = Energetic, heroic, boisterous hedgehog? Fine. Sonic = Refined, slightly quirky Connoisseur? Not okay.

Nutella

♫ Purple Hurple ♫
    Years
    Banned from DevArt? I didn't know that happened. Of course, I only found out they have a forum last week. After being there for 5+years.

Wow, you missed a big memo! LOL, you certainly can get your ass kicked out- if you get consistent complaints and break policy or whatever. It makes me sound like a bad person, but really, I'm squishy and soft~ I just can't help but open my mouth when someone says something homophobic, generally ignorant and/or proclaiming bull to be canon. I enjoy argument and debate, so I bring it upon myself. I'd rather be myself and get banned than pretend to be nice 100% of the time. You can always get a new name; it's no big deal.

Sonic = Energetic, heroic, boisterous hedgehog? Fine. Sonic = Refined, slightly quirky Connoisseur? Not okay.

"Sonic's my name, speed's my game"- WHAT A POET
    "Cilan's my name, bat-" - JUST. NO. First time I do not want Dento, haha. X)

The perfect episode I'm hanging out for:

Iris: Hey guys, I'm leaving because I'm actually supposed to be an uber-Gym Leader.
    Dento and Ash: 'k.
    Ash: *Arms drop off* I have to leave too, because I've been dead for many years. I cheated character death!
    Dento: Okay.
    Chili: Heya, bro!
    Cress: Hello, Dento. We would like to journey with you, and actually be interesting characters. We can make the moral-of-the-month about BRUTHAHOOD, which is like FRIENDSHIP but moar win. Chili can be the cool one, I can be the smart one, and you can be the Sommelier.
    Dento: OMG but what of our cafe?
    Cress: We have extra staff, so do not worry. Tia and Maxwell can take care of it. As for the gym, anybody can challenge us- wherever we are.
    Dento: Sure. I'M GONNA BE A POKEMON SOMMELIER S-CLASS MASTER!
    Pansage: Pa-pan-saaaage! (or however they cry)

*Theme music to Pokemon: Best Wishes!... to Iris and Ash, haha begins*

Dude, that would be so awesome. Yeah, I'm bored and sad. =P

AshPikastar

It's Question Time!
    Years
    Yeah I was sad about that too. Iris took over that episode and was a Ninja in it. I hope we get a episode about Dento soon.

Nutella

♫ Purple Hurple ♫
    Years
    Awesome plotline there. <3

THEY'LL HIRE ME ONE OF THESE DAYS. Who knows? They'll be desperate enough!

I was sad today. Dent had a lack of screentime.

Yeah I was sad about that too. Iris took over that episode and was a Ninja in it. I hope we get a episode about Dento soon.

I can't believe his fishing episode got delayed, but somehow Iris' episodes got aired. The last Dento-centric episode I remember is 11 with the Dwebble and all. Pokemon seems to care about fanboys, not fangirls. 'Tis truly a sad day.

Aquacorde

⟡ dig down, dig down ⟡
    Years
    Hopefully the message will come through and we'll get more Dent. I mean, Cabernet has to come back at some point right? I hate the girl, but she gives Dent screentime, so-o...

AshPikastar

It's Question Time!
    Years
    The main good episode that he had was on episode 19. So far Iris has more episodes focusing on her then Dento. I checked Bulbapedia and Iris has at least 5 episodes while Dento has 4. He would have probably had more on those episodes that got skipped. I really hope they replay those episodes because I wanted to know what happens when Dento hears the word fishing. I know his eyes change color but why? This is going to bother me a lot if they don't show it. I think the writers are starting to like Iris more. At first I thought episode 27 with Emonga vs Snivy was a Iris episode but it wasn't which I was glad but now Dento isn't getting much of a screen time. Dento needs more love!

Agree; I'm not a huge fan of her but she hasn't been up since episode 19. Hopefully she'll pop up in the next few episodes so that Dento can have some screen time.

Nutella

♫ Purple Hurple ♫
    Years
    I mean, Cabernet has to come back at some point right? I hate the girl, but she gives Dent screentime, so-o.

My understanding is that she gets a lot of hate. I don't mind her, actually. She's just there... Anyway, I doubt she got so butthurt that she won't return. She will come back as a B-Rank, I swear! She will have a new Pokemon, that may seem like a match against Dento, but Dento will ultimately win the battle.

The main good episode that he had was on episode 19

Definitely. That's my favourite episode so far. We saw another side to him, and I love characters with split personalities, haha. I like his darker side; I find it to be amusing. My opinion of him changed when I saw that episode. If everything is to be believed, he's capable of arrogance-based cruelty, which is an intriguing trait in a usually docile and polite character. Perhaps battles are his ventilation?

Dento needs more love!

*Nods* He's a genuinely interesting character, and has many traits that should make writing him into the plot so easy. He's a competent trainer, which makes creating epic battles within feasibility a possibility. His quest for Sommelier masterhood should see him encountering a few more rivals if Sommelier-ing is as popular as he claimed.

In the game, he has a Lillipup, so I don't see why they can't write that in. Again, super-biased on my part since I love Lillipup/Herdier/Stoutland AND Dento. What about his brothers? There must be SOME kind of story about them. They work at the same place, do the same jobs. It's not unreasonable to assume they're close.

I don't see why so little happens. Unfortunately, we have to remember that Pokemon is about Ash, not Dento. I mean, I would love that not to be the reality, however...

AshPikastar

It's Question Time!
    Years

My understanding is that she gets a lot of hate. I don't mind her, actually. She's just there... Anyway, I doubt she got so butthurt that she won't return. She will come back as a B-Rank, I swear! She will have a new Pokemon, that may seem like a match against Dento, but Dento will ultimately win the battle.

I would imagine her going up to Rank B and her wanting to take on Dento to get her revenge. One of these episodes; Dento would lose to her sadly. He can't win ever time against her since she would probably start learning his strategy but I sure hope that he'll kick her butt later on. She is a little bit interesting but it would have also be cool if Trip became Dento's rival as well but that'll most likely not happen since he is mainly Ash rival.

Definitely. That's my favourite episode so far. We saw another side to him, and I love characters with split personalities, haha. I like his darker side; I find it to be amusing. My opinion of him changed when I saw that episode. If everything is to be believed, he's capable of arrogance-based cruelty, which is an intriguing trait in a usually docile and polite character. Perhaps battles are his ventilation?

I was surprised to see his other side of him; his dark side actually got me to want to learn a bit more about Dento. I'm starting to wonder if he uses this side sometimes back when he was in school. The way he switches personality is interesting and soon he just remains calm later on during the episode at the end. Ash should defiantly learn a few things from Dento when it comes to battling.

*Nods* He's a genuinely interesting character, and has many traits that should make writing him into the plot so easy. He's a competent trainer, which makes creating epic battles within feasibility a possibility. His quest for Sommelier masterhood should see him encountering a few more rivals if Sommelier-ing is as popular as he claimed.

Pokemon Sommelier is new to the anime so it would be very interesting to learn more about it and how he became a class A rank for it.

In the game, he has a Lillipup, so I don't see why they can't write that in. Again, super-biased on my part since I love Lillipup/Herdier/Stoutland AND Dento. What about his brothers? There must be SOME kind of story about them. They work at the same place, do the same jobs. It's not unreasonable to assume they're close.

The game is suppose to be a little bit different then the Anime however; I always wondered if he'll get a Lillipup later on in the series.

Nutella

♫ Purple Hurple ♫
    Years
    I would imagine her going up to Rank B and her wanting to take on Dento to get her revenge. One of these episodes; Dento would lose to her sadly. He can't win ever time against her since she would probably start learning his strategy but I sure hope that he'll kick her butt later on. She is a little bit interesting but it would have also be cool if Trip became Dento's rival as well but that'll most likely not happen since he is mainly Ash rival.

Given he said he was looking forward for her to get stronger, it would be interesting to see how well he can chew his words down should it happen. I actually want to see Dento lose to her, just to see a different side. Nobody likes to lose to somebody that they perceive below them. He is an arrogant battler, so you're right. Of course- the later-on butt-kicking will be essential! Ash doesn't really share his rivals around, lol.

I was surprised to see his other side of him; his dark side actually got me to want to learn a bit more about Dento. I'm starting to wonder if he uses this side sometimes back when he was in school. The way he switches personality is interesting and soon he just remains calm later on during the episode at the end. Ash should defiantly learn a few things from Dento when it comes to battling.

You mean trainer school, right? From a psychological perspective, his tendency to switch personalities is very interesting! Very true- Ash is practically a n00b now, and should take a couple of tips. No too much so he becomes a copy, but enough so that it's a "newish" Ash, if that makes sense.

Pokemon Sommelier is new to the anime so it would be very interesting to learn more about it and how he became a class A rank for it.

Couldn't agree more. I don't want it to be a mystery. You can't just jump into an anime with a high rank; without some kind of explanation... well, unless you want to write a bad story/character. Audiences don't like being confused for too long.

Aquacorde

⟡ dig down, dig down ⟡
    Years
    The main good episode that he had was on episode 19. So far Iris has more episodes focusing on her then Dento. I checked Bulbapedia and Iris has at least 5 episodes while Dento has 4.
    Bulba's not real accurate right now though. They've just recently re-opened for editing, and the Desumasu episode is listed as Dent-centric. -_-; In reality, he's had about 5 episodes, plus a hell of a lot of screen time otherwise.

He would have probably had more on those episodes that got skipped. I really hope they replay those episodes because I wanted to know what happens when Dento hears the word fishing. I know his eyes change color but why? This is going to bother me a lot if they don't show it. I think the writers are starting to like Iris more. At first I thought episode 27 with Emonga vs Snivy was a Iris episode but it wasn't which I was glad but now Dento isn't getting much of a screen time. Dento needs more love!
    You'd think after his good start that they woul keep him around more, but what do you know. ;-;

She just annoys me is all. Anyone with that kind of attitude does. ^^;

I could believe that. Everything he takes in stride is released in his battle? He's very vicious. how sexy

*Nods* He's a genuinely interesting character, and has many traits that should make writing him into the plot so easy.
    It's so true. If fanfic writers can do well with him, why aren't the professionals doing things with his character?

What about his brothers? There must be SOME kind of story about them. They work at the same place, do the same jobs. It's not unreasonable to assume they're close.
    I pray fr backstory. Pokemon is usually good about giving us a memory sequence once in a while, so it's a definite possibility.

I don't see why so little happens. Unfortunately, we have to remember that Pokemon is about Ash, not Dento. I mean, I would love that not to be the reality, however...
    And therein lies the problem. ;-;

Given he said he was looking forward for her to get stronger, it would be interesting to see how well he can chew his words down should it happen. I actually want to see Dento lose to her, just to see a different side. Nobody likes to lose to somebody that they perceive below them. He is an arrogant battler, so you're right. Of course- the later-on butt-kicking will be essential! Ash doesn't really share his rivals around, lol.
    I actually think he should lose to someone else, then start freezing up during battles and having to work through those issues. And in his next battle with Cabernet, he finally manages to overcome his roadblock.

Nutella

♫ Purple Hurple ♫
    Years
    I could believe that. Everything he takes in stride is released in his battle? He's very vicious. how sexy]

WHY ARE YOU CROSSING OUT THE TROOTH? XP

I actually think he should lose to someone else, then start freezing up during battles and having to work through those issues. And in his next battle with Cabernet, he finally manages to overcome his roadblock.

That would make him too deep for Pokemon, sadly. I could imagine that, even though he is confident in general, and arrogant in battle. People who are used to winning all the time takes one loss much harder than somebody with a mixed record, you could say. Then again, one has to take his Gym Leader-hood into account. I'm he's lost many times.

It would all depend on who he loses to. However... he should definitely keep on n00b-owning Cabernet until she grows enough. It would just be unrealistic (in Pokemon, of all things, lol) if she just comes in next time and own him.

Years
    • Seen Mar 29, 2024
    Cilan has ugly pajamas (Anna, I know...)

This reminds me, Cilan and his fellow Gym leaders didn't help fight the Seven Sages in B/W, which must mean that they just made him look lame by saying he didn't know, or it wouldn't he was too weak to go and fight, but he'd been training the who game so o___o

AshPikastar

It's Question Time!
    Years
    Just checked a few things on Bulbapedia; so far no airdate for the episode of Dento fishing. There is already sketches of another episode of Emonga vs Snivy which means no episode on Dento yet. -sigh-

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back