• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

~Fabulous~ (The Dent/Cilan Fanclub)

Status
Not open for further replies.

AshPikastar

It's Question Time!
Years
  • The 17th is a Thursday after all. The last week was a break I think and then the other week was for the DP special.

Years
  • For a moment, you got me confused and had me checking all over my sources again. XD;;

Yes, Cilan having a rival would just add to his uniqueness as neither Brock nor Tracey had rivals. But then again, seeing how fast-paced this series is, I doubt whether the writers could spare some time for another rival. ;;

AshPikastar

It's Question Time!
    Years
  • Yeah I forgot that it was Tuesday for me.

Well usually the series would have at least 3 or 4 seasons of it? So I can probably see Cilan getting a rival maybe towards the end of the first series of Black and White. He needs one so that he can go up to Brock and Tracey face and be like "Ha; I got a rival and you don't! I'm cooler then all of you!" -although he wouldn't say that but that would be just funny if he did-

Aquacorde

⟡ dig down, dig down ⟡
    Years
  • I think he will get a rival, though. To extend the series and keep it interesting I think he would be given more of spotlight that way... Iris seems to be getting Brock-type screen time, so... Dent is the new Misty/May/Dawn?

AshPikastar

It's Question Time!
    Years
  • Well I don't think we got that many episodes on Iris or Dento. I think Dento only had a few episodes so it still feels as if he seems to be getting Brock type Screen while Iris is a bit the same. We only had one episode based off of Iris while Dento had maybe three? I think Iris will probably get more episodes later on about her. To me I think her and Ash are rivals in some sort of way. So I guess right now he is getting more of the spotlight then Iris. The new episode is coming out tomorrow!

Aquacorde

⟡ dig down, dig down ⟡
    Years
  • I don't think Iris is much of a "rival" for Ash. He already has Shooti and Bel for that. She's more how Misty was; the character that shows him around at first so he doesn't get lost and die of starvation in the first forest he walks through. She might be expanded upon in the future, but I don't see much happening with her, especially in relation to Ash. She's definitely already getting lost in the background, despite her growing hair.

Dent on the other hand is a character that already is getting more focus. He generally talks more, and has had more screen time despite showing up four episodes later than Iris. He seems to be the more prominent side character, which is why I feel like his getting a rival of some sort is plausible and likely. He's never really in the background in any of the episodes he is in, so even were I not a complete fangirl of his I would be noticing him more than Iris.

*shrug* I do think the beginning of this season has been very Ash-centric, but that's just like Kanto, hm?

AshPikastar

It's Question Time!
    Years
  • I can see where you're going there. I haven't watched Kanto for ages but I can see her actually being like Misty in the group. Already we are learning a bit more about Dento when we learned a few things about Iris in one episode.

Aquacorde

⟡ dig down, dig down ⟡
    Years
  • Yeah... in my eyes Dent seems the more consistently "there" character; Iris may be in a few episodes centered around her, but Dent is always part of the story. Like... if one were to think of Best Wishes anime, one would think of Ash, Dent, Pikachu, Mijumaru, and Iris in that order.

Years
  • With no more contests and rather slim chances of Pokemon Musicals being present in the Anime, the writers should be able to spare a few Clian/ Iris centered episodes. Maybe we would get to know something about their past, how they became gym leaders, etc. We've already had one about Iris, so I'm guessing its Cilan's turn next.

AshPikastar

It's Question Time!
    Years
  • With no more contests and rather slim chances of Pokemon Musicals being present in the Anime, the writers should be able to spare a few Clian/ Iris centered episodes. Maybe we would get to know something about their past, how they became gym leaders, etc. We've already had one about Iris, so I'm guessing its Cilan's turn next.

That is true actually. They have Musicals but which one will be part of the musical? We might learn more about Cilans past in this episode today. We know quiet a little about her past in how she met Kibago.

Edit: Oh yeah Dento defiantly has a rival after watching the new episode. Oh man was Dento serious about this or what?

Last edited:

Aquacorde

⟡ dig down, dig down ⟡
    Years
  • YES! YES! YES! *squee*

*cough*

Fangasm aside, the battles really reflected Dent's personality. He is passive and waits for the right moment to take advantage of the situation, as is demonstrated in him having Ishizumai protect itself until Futachimaru was weakened, then striking at the most opportune moment. He is also quickly analyzes situations and can be quite forceful, as shown when Yanappu was instructed to dig and use Bullet Seed in quick succession, then Solarbeam its way to victory.

Cabernet will definitely be a recurring character. I hate her and she is ugly and shouldn't be sparkly but seeing that she brings out Dent's amazing fabulousness, I think I will tolerate her.

I adore this episode. <3 Can't wait to find a subbed version so I can understand the dialogue beyond inferring from the animation and my limited Japanese vocabulary.

AshPikastar

It's Question Time!
    Years
  • The dub version would be interesting to hear but it'll take them a long time until the dub would come out since Black and white just came out last week. I wished they where doing two episodes a day.

Aquacorde

⟡ dig down, dig down ⟡
    Years
  • Two episodes a day would quickly catch up with the Japanese and leave no wiggle room for the dubbers.

AHHHHHHH *still fangirling*

AshPikastar

It's Question Time!
    Years
  • Lol I meant to put two days on Saturday in my last post. Anywise looking at the new Pokemon episode; what rank do you think Dento has for the Pokemon Sommelier? Isn't Cabernet at rank C? -remembers you mentioning this before-

Aquacorde

⟡ dig down, dig down ⟡
    Years
  • Ah, yes. Dent has said he is Rank A. I inferred that sommeliers start off by going through the academy, and graduation automatically gives Rank C. So Cabernet is really just a beginner, whereas Dent is one class away from becoming a Master Sommelier, Rank S.

AshPikastar

It's Question Time!
    Years
  • So Dento probably went to an academy before he become a gym leader is probably my guess and maybe that was how he met Yannapu?

Aquacorde

⟡ dig down, dig down ⟡
    Years
  • Hm... I would think Yanappu has been with him for a long time, though. Perhaps Yanappu, Hiyappu, and Baoppu were gifts from the triplets' parents when they were little?

I suppose he would have gone to the academy before becoming a leader, yeah... Hey! Combining everything...

Baoppu, Hiyappu, and Yanappu were given to the triplets before they split up for a year- Dent going to the academy, and Pod and Corn each going with one of their parents or something. Then after Dent graduated they all came back to take care of the gym while their parents went off on a journey.

AshPikastar

It's Question Time!
    Years
  • I keep getting Yanappu's name mixed up but that would make sense; leaving Dento all alone at the academy. Also that'll probably be why Poddo and Corn didn't want Dento to leave the gym again since they won't be seeing their brother anymore. -is so curious on who Dento's parents could be-

Aquacorde

⟡ dig down, dig down ⟡
    Years
  • I'm sure we'll encounter them later in the series~ I hope, anyway. But what kid of people would leave three teenage boys in charge of a host club?

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back