• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Famitsu's 'Special Pokémon announcement!' May 21st!

Years
    I will take a pass on anything related to filler games like mystery dungeon, shuffle/rumble, dash, ranger, art academy ect.

Definitely will take a pass if this is anything remotely close to downright crap like Pokepark...

If it's a new spinoff's I hope this may be akin to innovative spinoff games like Pokemon Conquest, Pokemon Colosseum/XD, Pokemon Snap, Pokemon Stadium, Trading Card Game, ect. Also, a Wii U game would be nice!

And, of course, I would mind seeing a third version/sequel/some other variant to the XY series!

This could also be something not so new like Pokken announced for the Wii U with new detail (sort cool) or the Pikachu Detective Game (yawn).

Speaking of Ranger, how long has that series been dead? Was it any good? I never played a Pokemon Ranger game, and I, unrelated, wanted to play Conquest too.

Limbo

Basically, I love glasses
    Years
    Speaking of Ranger, how long has that series been dead? Was it any good? I never played a Pokemon Ranger game, and I, unrelated, wanted to play Conquest too.

I've only played one game, Guardian Signs, and I can easily see why people would think it isn't as good as the main series games. It's definitely one of the weaker spin-offs, to be frank. It was decent, but not as fun as most of the other games.

On the flip side, Conquest was wonderful. I really liked that game, because it was made for older fans as well as younger ones, and the strategy element was a brilliant addition. It does get a little bit repetitive at certain points, but most Pokemon games have a sense of repetitivity anyways, so if you can get past that it's a blast.

Years
    Speaking of Ranger, how long has that series been dead?

The last Ranger game was released back in 2010, and that was still part of the 4th Gen spinoffs. Hard to believe that spinoff series has been dead for 5 years now, so maybe there has been lots of interest in it lost.

Migit78

Pokemon Master
    Years
    If this is going to be the third version/sequel to XY, then hot dang we're getting another gen with a three-year lifespan, which could only mean one thing: Nintendo may be announcing their next-gen handheld soon.

The "New 3DS" is only like 6 Months old, I doubt they'll be hitting us with a new handheld system, And if they did, i think id be pretty annoyed seeing as I bought one of the New 3DS's.

If we keep getting yearly releases of main series games, we are likely to be seeing loads of future generations lasting only three years. Although they could pull a Black & White on us and have the 3DS carry over to 7th Gen as well.

Again, I hope Gen VI continue on the 3DS, I actually love this handheld, and can't picture what they could do to expand on it at the current time.
    Plus Pokemon could use the 3D features more than it currently does. Comparing the 3DS pokemon games 3D capability compared to say The Legend of Zelda. Pokemon feels really sub-par

Years
    If they were to release another Kalos game, i'm sure it would be available for the 3DS and not a New 3DS exclusive. But since that thing is out and the exclusives for it will be rolling in before terribly long, I have a feeling that the next generation will take place on it and not the basic 3DS.

Years
    • Seen Apr 22, 2018
    If they were to release another Kalos game, i'm sure it would be available for the 3DS and not a New 3DS exclusive.

Not necessarily. Gold/Silver were GB games (with GBC compatibility), while Crystal was GBC-exclusive. There is a precedent for doing this, although I doubt it'll happen with the Kalos games.

Years
    • Seen May 13, 2022
    If they were to release another Kalos game, i'm sure it would be available for the 3DS and not a New 3DS exclusive. But since that thing is out and the exclusives for it will be rolling in before terribly long, I have a feeling that the next generation will take place on it and not the basic 3DS.

I doubt they're switching to the New 3DS already. Gen VII may have features exclusive to the New 3DS, just like how BW had exclusive features for the DSi. I, and I think I can speak for many fans, have bought the 3DS to play XY, and to buy a whole new console that's basically the same is not going to please the fanbase.

Eden

Right you are, Ken!
    Years
    Kinda hope that it's the successor to X/Y. I don't care if it's Z or X2/Y2, XY's post-game had me craving for more.

Wouldn't mind if GF went quiet for a year or two though and there's a fair spinoff instead, but if the source is legit and overlooked then I think that's unlikely.

Years
    • Seen May 13, 2022
    Since Detective Pikachu has a set release date for 2015 and we haven't heard anything from it since 2013, I guess they'll be revealing that game next week.

Great, another spin-off game that's going to suck...

Years
    • Seen Jun 11, 2019
    Since Detective Pikachu has a set release date for 2015 and we haven't heard anything from it since 2013, I guess they'll be revealing that game next week.

Great, another spin-off game that's going to suck...

I'm tired of these Spinoff boring games, seriously. =/

Z25

Team Player
    Years
    • Age 26
    • Seen Aug 27, 2023
    I still think that TGDP has potential and could be used to answer why looker ends up in hoenn. However we will have to wait and see.

Years
    I'm kind of dreading this announcement at this point, since I just know that whatever happens, there are going to be upset fans regardless. Someone here (I think Zekrom) once said that this fandom doesn't know what they want.

Years
    I'm kind of dreading this announcement at this point, since I just know that whatever happens, there are going to be upset fans regardless. Someone here (I think Zekrom) once said that this fandom doesn't know what they want.

When OR/AS was announced last year were fans here happy or upset?

Years
    When OR/AS was announced last year were fans here happy or upset?
    That was different. If we get the announcement of another Kalos game, then we're gonna have some people chastising it whether it's a sequel or a third version. The former will most likely not please those that were pissed off by B2W2 (or the idea of sequel games in general), and the latter for people who don't want that. And based on comments that Masuda has stated, I think the latter is more likely.

But then again, it could be something totally different.

Years
    I could be wrong, but most major announcements seem to come from CoroCoro, Pokemon Get TV or whatever that show in Japan is called now, or from the Pokemon Company themselves (which is then featured in that month's CoroCoro, which it's too late for now). Seeing as how this is in Famitsu and none of the above, this is probably going to be a spin-off at most and getting your hopes up for anything more probably isn't a good idea.

I just looked it up....man, that game doesn't seem too exciting in the slightest. >.>; Hopefully it's something else, buuut I guess I should learn whenever TPC announces any shocking announcement, it's usually a letdown.

I dunno, I think anything related to Great Detective Pikachu would be pretty shocking...

I'msorry

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
    Years
    Part of me doesn't want it to be a main series game because I don't like the yearly release thing they've been doing for a while now, but part of me also really wants it to be a main series game.....
    Actually it's been a year and a month since ORAS came out thirteen months after XY (and irc XY came out 13 months after international B2W2 too). If it is another main game we may see it come out around Christmas or early next year (interestingly RG was suppose to come out in December but was pushed to February so this could be the 20th anniversary game). It could also be something involving the 20th anniversary.

It could also be a new Pokemon that will appear in the anime (I've seen speculation that the Hoopa movie will have next Gen mons like Destiny Deoxys did with Munchlax). It's been awhile since we've had next Gen mons appear prior to the announcement of the next Gen games though...

Years
    If this announcement turns out to be a spinoff game, I guess they might take a break from a main series game this year so they can let 6th Gen live a bit longer and also it'll give them time to perfect making the third version/sequel to X & Y.

Wicked3DS

[b]Until the very end.[/b]
    Years
    It certainly sounds like it could be a new main series game, but we'll see. As far as a new handheld goes, remember we could just get New 3DS exclusive Pokémon games for Gen VII. Xenoblade was New 3DS exclusive so we know it's a possibility.

Back