• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Famitsu's 'Special Pokémon announcement!' May 21st!

Years
    • Seen May 13, 2022
    Famitsu DS + Wii Magazine has hinted at what might look like an important announcement for the Pokémon franchise on May 21st in their next issue.
    https://www.pokebip.com/pokemon/new...e_annonce_pokemon_pour_le_mois_prochain_.html
    The little guy says something along the lines of: "I'm from the future and I'm bringing you a special Pokemon announcement in the next issue!"
    --------------------------------

The source is legit and it actually is from the Famitsu magazine in Japan, so no doubt this is a real announcement. I still find it weird though that Pokebeach nor Serebii has written anything about the announcement.

Sources aside, what do you think this 'announcement' will be? A new main series game? Spin-off? Event distribution? Post your thoughts below!

Years
    Based on that article (and my minor knowledge of French), it looks like they're anticipating information about a main series release in the next Famitsu issue. I would still take it with a grain of salt, seeing as how any of the bigger Pokemon news sites haven't said anything, but based on last year when we received news about OR/AS in May, it could very well be true. If it is, I'm very excited as to what it could be- though an X/Y sequel seems to be most likely (though I hope I'm wrong!).

Either way, since this looks to be about the games rather than the series as a whole, I'm going to pop this over to Pokemon Gaming Central for you.

MOVED.

Years
    I am hoping it's the long-awaited third version or sequel to X & Y, since it's often been a tradition with most generations to have a prettied-up version with an altered storyline and expanded postgame content.

If it's just another measly spinoff I'll be downright disappointed, although I recall this time last year was when OR/AS was announced so hopefully we get the next main series game now.

Years
    This may seem weird, but I would rather it be another cool spin-off, like a Mystery Dungeon title. Either that or if it has to be another main series game, one that'll come out a year from now, next spring, like all the games from Emerald to BW did.

Pinkie-Dawn

Vampire Waifu
    Years
    If this is going to be the third version/sequel to XY, then hot dang we're getting another gen with a three-year lifespan, which could only mean one thing: Nintendo may be announcing their next-gen handheld soon.

Years
    If this is going to be the third version/sequel to XY, then hot dang we're getting another gen with a three-year lifespan, which could only mean one thing: Nintendo may be announcing their next-gen handheld soon.

If we keep getting yearly releases of main series games, we are likely to be seeing loads of future generations lasting only three years. Although they could pull a Black & White on us and have the 3DS carry over to 7th Gen as well.

Perriechu

i make this look easy tik-tik boom like gasoline-y
    Years
    I want to be excited but the last Pokemon announcements have been nothing but disappointing. I'm lowkey hoping for a main series announcement but betting it being another irrelevant spin off. I'm not even here for another Mystery Dungeon title because the way those games are going has left me salty as hell.

The only spin off I will accept is a Wii U title, we need another damn Colosseum/XD title.

I'm just gonna set my expectations super low so I won't be disappointed again lmao.

blue

gucci
    Years
    Yeah I read up on this a few days back, not really sure what to make of it. On the one hand I want to believe that this is the announcement for the next mainstream game(s) since we're about due now. On the other hand it could just as easily be some sort of spin-off since Game Freak have a tendency to hype up these announcements only to leave us slightly underwhelmed.

JJ Styles

The Phenomenal Darling
    Years
    I'm really hoping that GameFreak's just announcing some Future Spin Off titles to keep the hype level low for now. I do agree with the notion that a 3-year lifespan of a generation is rather pretty bad, and I really don't want the main series games to have that "Cowadoody" practice of having a main series game released every 2 years just to keep the franchise relevant.

If its going to be a high-level spinoff game, i'm hoping that its a Pokemon game for Nintendo's recent jump to mobile phone gaming. A spin-off pokemon game on a phone would be nice.

Years
    • Seen May 13, 2022
    I honestly don't want to see a new main series game yet, (even though I kind off do want it :p). Game Freak should take their time and let Gen VI live for a couple of years.

I hope the announcement is a brand new spin-off game to hype things up and fill the huge gap there will be between ORAS and XY third version.

Years
    Whatever this turns out to be will probably be game related, but I'm guessing it's just a spin-off. If it were a new main series game then Nintendo/Game Freak would be making a lot more noise about this.

Limbo

Basically, I love glasses
    Years
    I agree, it's most likely a spin-off. Which is totally fine with me too. A new Mystery Dungeon or something completely different would be a nice addition to Gen VI's games~

I'm hoping it's something along the lines of Pokemon Conquest. Designed with older players in mind too.

mew_nani

Pokécommunity's Licensed Tree Exorcist
    Years
    If it's another main Pokemon game I'm gonna be depressed. We don't need one of those every year, especially if they render the ones before it obsolete. It would be nice if it was a spinoff game though. We've had next to none of those.

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Seen today
    Part of me doesn't want it to be a main series game because I don't like the yearly release thing they've been doing for a while now, but part of me also really wants it to be a main series game.....

Altairis

take me ☆ take you
    Years
    I hope it's another game! Please please be another Mystery Dungeon with old sprites and such <3 Though I highly doubt it, I won't stop hoping.
    edit: wow apparently Gates to Infinity did TERRIBLY (no surprise) and the previous WiiWare PMD game was only released in Japan, so now I'm doubting as to whether we'll see another PMD game ever ;_; maybe they'll learn from Gates to Infinity though? Maybe?

Honestly, I think it could really be another main series game, though I doubt we would get Gen 7 already; it would likely be a companion to Pokemon XY, as we just had a remake and I see no reason to rush to remake DPPt or Kanto games, honestly. Last year I probably would have doubted it was a game because I remember they announced something Mewtwo-related by saying it was "big news" but after getting XY followed by ORAS... yeah it could be.

Years
    • Seen May 13, 2022
    I hope it's another game! Please please be another Mystery Dungeon with old sprites and such <3 Though I highly doubt it, I won't stop hoping.
    edit: wow apparently Gates to Infinity did TERRIBLY (no surprise) and the previous WiiWare PMD game was only released in Japan, so now I'm doubting as to whether we'll see another PMD game ever ;_; maybe they'll learn from Gates to Infinity though? Maybe?

What if they made a remake of Blue Rescue Team and Red Rescue Team? They were part of Gen III and the main games of Gen III just got remade, so maybe remake the most iconic spin-off games of Gen III?

And maybe they can make both games similar how they served as the originals; one for DS and the other for GBA. This time one for 3DS and the other for New 3DS.

Years

I can agree with you. The bad reception Gates To Infinity got and the fact the WiiWare series was Japan-exclusive shows that there may be a general lack of interest for new Mystery Dungeon games.

If we get a spinoff game here, maybe it might be something new and different again since it seems like Ranger and Mystery Dungeon are being done away with entirely.

Z25

Team Player
    Years
    • Age 26
    • Seen Aug 27, 2023
    I'm almost 100% sure it's a maingame. This is days before E3, which is no coincidence. They are going to go big. I would love another MD or Ranger, or in XD type game but it probably isn't happening. Also since this gen is breaking patterns, there is no guarantee of a third version.(I posted thoughts on where it will go in the third version speculation thread) I wouldn'tbe surprised if gen 7 was announced, with it essentially being gen 6.5 and combing both games with only 70 new pokemon. I want the plus and minus rumor to be true. But I don't think it will, but maybe something similar will happen. Just my thoughts

Years
    I will take a pass on anything related to filler games like mystery dungeon, shuffle/rumble, dash, ranger, art academy ect.

Definitely will take a pass if this is anything remotely close to downright crap like Pokepark...

If it's a new spinoff's I hope this may be akin to innovative spinoff games like Pokemon Conquest, Pokemon Colosseum/XD, Pokemon Snap, Pokemon Stadium, Trading Card Game, ect. Also, a Wii U game would be nice!

And, of course, I would mind seeing a third version/sequel/some other variant to the XY series!

This could also be something not so new like Pokken announced for the Wii U with new detail (sort cool) or the Pikachu Detective Game (yawn).

Back