• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Fanfiction Lounge

Status
Not open for further replies.

Grovyle42(Griff8416)

No. 1 Grovyle Fan
    Years
    • Seen Apr 11, 2023
    I'd appreciate any and all reads and reviews of my fic. I even appreciate the one line ones. :D

If anybody wants to read/review then go to This

Alter Ego

that evil mod from hell
    Years
    Jax, that's two reviews for you already, because I'm going to be a regular nuisance and not leave that thread alone until the story is finished. (or, optionally, you vanish off the face of the forums, pick and choose xD) I've already read the latest chapter, but it's going to take a while for me to formulate my thoughts and I've got some prior commitments to attend to before I get to that, but given that the meaning of the review is to avoid the thread dying, a small bit of delay won't be a problem, right? ^^

And Grovyle, I've actually been meaning to get back to your fic but the last time I read through it was already time to go to sleep by the time I had finished reading and you had posted another bajillion-page chapter when I logged back on next morning. O= I'll get it reviewed within the week, but I can't promise anything more specific than that. Sorry. :3

Aaand that's about all the reviews I'm going to promise at the moment. We really need more reviewers, don't we?

Last edited:

Bay

Years
    To Hanako: Well, I usually don't go too much detail into clothes because I don't think there is nothing too special about them (unless there is some special even or something :P). There are a couple of cases, however...

Spoiler:

For physical features, towards like their hair/eye color, if they have wrinkles or not, and if they are skinny, fat, or medium. Basically I put whatever features stand out the most on that character.

That's just me, though. XD

And since everyone else is advertising...

Yeah, I would apperciate if people read and review my fic, "Nothing, Everything", link on my sig. At the moment it has a prologue and Chapter One, but Chapter Two will come probably either late Wednesday night or Saturday. Depends when my beta reader can be able to finish betaing it. XD

As to reviewing other fics...only if I have time. At the moment I am busy with school, work, and planning a short story for this one contest at another forums. >.>

Last edited:
    Years
    • Age 37
    • Seen yesterday
    Thanks, y'all, for posting. Physical description of characters has always given me a trouble spot, since my two favorite authors don't really use it. I guess I'll just go with the flow of my writing, and just see how it all goes.

And I did take a look at the stickied thread, but it really didn't help me that much. D:

Hey, I wouldn't mind if anyone would take a look at... Never mind. Don't have a fic posted. XD

Grovyle42(Griff8416)

No. 1 Grovyle Fan
    Years
    • Seen Apr 11, 2023
    And Grovyle, I've actually been meaning to get back to your fic but the last time I read through it was already time to go to sleep by the time I had finished reading and you had posted another bajillion-page chapter when I logged back on next morning. O= I'll get it reviewed within the week, but I can't promise anything more specific than that. Sorry. :3

Aaand that's about all the reviews I'm going to promise at the moment. We really need more reviewers, don't we?

There's no rush :P Thanks. ^ ^

And I'm trying to make the chapters shorter...I don't know why they always come out so long!

JX Valentine

Your aquatic overlord
    Years
    @ Alter Ego:

Oh snap, I guess I'll have to disappear off the face of the earth again. XD

Seriously, sure, no rush. I'm just glad that you're reviewing. ^_^

Years
    • UK
    • Seen Mar 26, 2011
    I'm thinking of writing another fic based on the Diamond/Pearl games. First off, it was just me and my friend messing around on MSN, but I think it has potential. It's not great at the moment, but for some reason, two boys are transported to the Pokemon world, and need to find a way out. It follows the storyline of the game, but because they have no idea what to do, it is kind of funny at the same time. At the end there's going to be a fatality when someone tries to battle Palkia and fails, and the main characters still have to find their way out of the 'Pokemon Dimension' - and that means finding Celebi. I think it could even be a two-parter, but we haven't planned much yet. Do you reckon it could have some potential, fellow writers/reviewers?

I'm also thinking of remaking my old Pokemon: Destroyers fic I abandoned quite a while ago, with a lot more depth into it this time. Hopefully, I'll be able to juggle all three stories at one time...

On a more n00bish note, I realise I'm not getting many reviews lately for my Pokemon Manga fic. I know you should wait like four days before posting a chapter - so should I just write ahead, and update twice a week or something?

txteclipse

The Last
    Years
    Sounds pretty good. I'd actually have to read some to say anything about it, though.

Hmmm. Is it going to be a really emotional fic? Or is it going to be more comedic? Funny and death are hard to put together, unless you use a little of one and a lot of the other.

Scytheteen

What is mine is yours
    Years
    • NY
    • Seen Jan 29, 2014
    Hey everyone. My story has like no more reviews anymore and I'd like some. Tanks!

diamondpearl876

you can breathe now. x
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jan 25, 2022
    Another way to get more reviews is putting them on other sites as well (pe2k, serebii, whatever).

ScytheMaster, I may get to review yours eventually, but if you look at my sig.. I'm already trying to keep up with a lot. XD And it's hard.

@lilninjapig: Since I'm a sucker for OT fics I'd probably read it. If I have time. And I think I'd like your story more if I didn't already know what was going to happen. -_- I've read the manga, and it's not that much different from your story.

Years
    • Age 37
    • Seen yesterday
    Just letting you all know that I will be reviewing at some point towards the end of this month. I just have three essays and a NaNoWriMo novel to get to. I'm still 4000 words behind. D: Plus, I have a certain beta job I need to do still. *bows repeatedly before dp876 for forgiveness*

lilninjapig, your new story idea sounds like it could be a great humor piece once you work out the plot kinks. I also enjoy OT fanfics, as they are my guilty pleasure one of many x3, so I'll probably check yours out.

If I recall correctly, your manga novelization reads just like the manga. When I scanned through it, I could still picture the panels of the manga that I read in the wee hours of the morning. Novelizations are good and all, because you can practice your writing with them. But they do read rather dryly for people who have already read/seen/played the original. You should try something different with the plot to add your own twist on the tale. You could write it from another character's POV, like Nyaro's so we can get into his head instead of just seeing things from Red's view. I would have another suggestion, but I just got home from mind-numbing work. xP

Give your readers something new. Give them something exciting. But don't stop writing your fic. You can use it as a learning tool for your other fics, to learn about description, grammar, and what-not. This way, when you post your new fic, readers can see how much you improved.

Years
    • UK
    • Seen Mar 26, 2011
    txteclipse: Hopefully, it is going to turn out comedic, with a lot of banter between the two main characters. However as the story goes on, it's going to get darker and darker, if it all goes to plan...

Hanako Tabris: Thanks for the advice about the new story. At first, the Novel was just for people who didn't have the resoruces to read the manga, but now, I'm kinda hooked on a chapter from the Poliwhirl's point of view - seems as his character plays a big part in the next two chapters.

Diamondpearl: Thanks, like I said to Hanako, I'll be changing aspects of the story.

Duncan McNeil

[release].your.grip
    Years
    Heh. I just joined, and already I've read most of your fics in other places. Still, if anyone needs any reviews just ask. I've suddenly found myself having a lot of free time, and I always enjoy reviewing good fics.

Years
    • UK
    • Seen Mar 26, 2011
    Heh. I just joined, and already I've read most of your fics in other places. Still, if anyone needs any reviews just ask. I've suddenly found myself having a lot of free time, and I always enjoy reviewing good fics.

My stories? Where? I don't post in many places!

Scytheteen

What is mine is yours
    Years
    • NY
    • Seen Jan 29, 2014
    Could some one please review my second chapter? I want to start the third one soon and I want to know that my second one is parfait.

Much appreciated

diamondpearl876

you can breathe now. x
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jan 25, 2022
    If anyone has time to review my latest one shot, that'd be nice. It'll be on the first page for the while I'm sure... XD Since not many fics are really being posted.

Scythemaster, my goal is to review your fic. One day. Could be in ten years. Don't know. *points to how many fics I'm already trying to read at the bottom of siggy*

Scytheteen

What is mine is yours
    Years
    • NY
    • Seen Jan 29, 2014
    I know but, i'm itching to start chapter 3, but I want to perfect chapter 2. Think you could squeeze in some time DP-Chan?

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back