• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Fanfiction Lounge

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
    If your fic(s) is a movie, which actors would play the part of your characters?

Crap. This is what happens when you never pay attention to real life anymore.

BTW, new sig! wh00t

I don't know why, but it's scaring me. It's well done, but...I don't know. It makes me feel like I'll get lost in a snow storm and be rescued by an Abamasnow.

Scarlet Weather

The Game is Afoot!
    Years
    If your Fic was made into a movie, what song would you chose to play at the opening, and during the closing credits, and Why? (Have to be different songs.)

For the opening credits- probably "Blue Bird", the current opening theme of Naruto. The song just matches the fic in tone so well, it gets stuck in your head forever, and its lyrics do sort of apply to Gale (as in, the part where the singer describes how the person she's singing to would fly away given the chance). In the closing credits? Well, that's a bit harder, since I'm not sure how I want "Thief in the Night" to end. I'm toying around with saying "Lullaby For You", the ending theme of "The World Ends With You", but I'm just not sure yet.

If your fic was a movie, which actors would play the part of your characters?

Well, I can't see "Thief in the Night" being anything but an animated film, so they'd all have to be Seiyuu (It has to be anime. It just has to be, or it doesn't work, since I see the scenes in an animated form.) I will say that the team I'd want to animate it would be the same one that worked on Black Cat, and I'd love it if Kentaro Yabuki did the character design. As for voices... well, Gale needs to be voiced by whoever does Sven's voice in Black Cat, and I don't know who I'd pick for Augustus, Laertes, or Aristo.

If you were approached by a proffesional mangaka who wanted to make a manga based on your fanfic, who would you want it to be?

txteclipse

The Last
    Years
    If your Fic was made into a movie, what song would you chose to play at the opening, and during the closing credits, and Why? (Have to be different songs.)

Oh boy. This one's a cinch for "Mastermind". The opening would have to be a very gentle techno song, and I haven't heard anything like what I'm imagining so I can't name anything. However, the ending song would be "Hide and Seek" by Imogen Heap. If you don't mind spoilers, click here to find out why:
    Spoiler:

As for Eon Chronicles, I'd want to choose techno, but it takes place in the past and it wouldn't fit right. That said, the intro would be a melancholy piano sequence, while the ending would be "Adagio for Strings" by the London Festival Orchestra. I couldn't possibly justify spoiling why.

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years

This, I can answer.

Blurry - Puddle of Mudd
    The Diary of Jane - Breaking Benjamin

I'm not sure which would go where, but I find the songs to go very well with JaB. Just...don't know what's gonna go where. And even if I did, that would ruin the story.

It's supposed to be scary lol, so it's done it's job.

Clearly. D:

Ninja Caterpie

AAAAAAAAAAAAA
    Years
    Oh...man....I can't even name enough actors to fill the roles...which aren't many...
    Yeah, I reeeeaaaaally don't pay attention to actors...I like animated stuff a hell of a lot more...xD
    Although...
    GET SMART FTW!!!!!
    xD

Oh, I don't know enough songs, either...I'm shameful... -hides self-

Last edited:

Elite Overlord LeSabre™

On that 'Non stop road'
    Years
    Intro: At the Beginning (Richard Marx/Donna Lewis, from Anastasia soundtrack) : Wonderful song, and really captures the essence of starting a Pokemon training journey.

Ending: I'll Remember You (No Secrets) : After the journey is over, friends may go their separate ways, but they'll always keep in touch (Boy, my songs were cheesy, huh? XD)

Mine would probably be an anime movie too, but I don't know which seiyuu I would pick, but I do know I would want rapper DMX to do the English voice for Fred (both like to bark incessantly like dogs, so why not XD Oh, and police officer Leslie Morgan would be voiced by Sheriff John Bunnell of 'World's Wildest Police Chases' fame.)

As for Lisa... any "sweet and innocent" sounding female voice actor would do XD

I would leave character designs to Kosuke Fujishima.

f you were approached by a professional mangaka who wanted to make a manga based on your fanfic, who would you want it to be? (Yay for spelling correction of "professional")
    Either Arina Tanemura (Full Moon) or Wataru Yoshizumi (Ultra Maniac)

When you start writing a fic, do you have the whole thing planned out, or just start typing what ever comes to mind?
    The basic skeleton was planned out (over a year before I started writing), but I'm always adding small details to my chapters on impulse.

TurtleKing

Turtles > You
    Years
    • Seen Dec 12, 2016

Closing Credits: Smile Bomb - Kurama
    Opening: Re:member - Flow

Basically the songs reflect Diamond's feelings.

The lyrics of both songs go well with my fic.

Bay

Years

Intro: Chevaliers De Sangreal, the ending theme for "Da Vinci Code." I thought it would make a great dramatic beginning music.

Ending:Open Your Heart from the anime hack//SIGN. I thought the lyrics and song fit perfectly on the overall theme of the story.

As for the actors, I too thought it would work better as animated (seriously, there's going to be more Pokemon attacks coming XD) but pretty much it'll go like this:

Bunny (Keira Knightly)
    Jenny (whoever does the English Voice in the Pokemon anime XD)
    Jacob (John Vought [think I got his name wrong, though :x])
    Brenda (Glen Close)
    Timmy (Jake Gyllenhall [probably his too XD])
    Lucas (not sure, actually. ^^;)

Duncan McNeil

[release].your.grip
    Years
    More...topics...

Let's see here...Moon Over The Castle by Masahiro Andoh would be a nice start to the fic. The ending would probably be silence, but...if I had to choose I'd probably pick it would probably be Stairway To Heaven by Led Zeppelin.

Erm...even though TEN is much more of a real life fic than an anime, I honestly couldn't name any actors that would work.

If you were approached by a professional mangaka who wanted to make a manga based on your fanfic, who would you want it to be?

Anyone but Kishimoto (Naruto).

Gummy

by fire be P U R G E D
    Years

The theme song to Ghost in the Shell. The song sounds both soothing and mysterious at the same time, I can't really explain it. And there's also the fact that I really love the song.

Ivan: Morgan Freeman (I'd make Ivan black any day if Morgan wanted to play as him)
    Ezekiel: The main character from Wanted (now that I think about it, that movie was basically DI with humans xD). Or maybe Nicholas Cage
    Lupe: Voiced by... no idea =O
    Lucy: Voiced by Julia Roberts. I LOVE her...
    Dexter: Johnny Depp

If you were approached by a professional mangaka who wanted to make a manga based on your fanfic, who would you want it to be?

Like duncan said, as long as Kishimoto stays away, I'm good. Keep the emo, over-powered teenagers in Naruto, where they belong!

txteclipse

The Last
    Years
    The theme song to Ghost in the Shell. The song sounds both soothing and mysterious at the same time, I can't really explain it. And there's also the fact that I really love the song.

Oh man, I love that song too. Where can I find it?

EDIT: I just realized how off-topic that was. Therefore, I will deem the Ghost in the Shell intro as the opening song for "Mastermind". However, I'd probably replace the vocals with a violin. They sound good, but a violin would fit better.

Last edited:

icomeanon6

It's "I Come Anon"
    Years

I would probably want it to be Yoshiyuki Sadamoto, who made the manga adaptation of Neon Genesis Evangelion. Basically, I thought the NGE manga was amazing and reasonably true to the original, so I'd trust him in that field.

I haven't a clue as to who I'd want to act or what I'd want the music to be if my fic were made into a movie. Although, if I could get Nobuo Uematsu to compose something, that'd be amazing (a guy can dream, can't he?).

txteclipse

The Last
    Years
    If you were approached by a professional mangaka who wanted to make a manga based on your fanfic, who would you want it to be? (Yay for spelling correction of "professional")

Hiromu Arakawa (Fullmetal Alchemist). Although I'm not sure how she would do on the Pokemon illustrations, she has this subtlety about intense and/or dramatic situations that's hard to beat. She doesn't have the characters simply bawling their eyes out if it isn't absolutely necessary *thumbs nose at Naruto*: she is more prone to have them go stonefaced or look shocked, almost as if they've been stabbed in the back and they haven't quite felt the pain yet.

My fic is fairly dramatic, but if it was illustrated I'd picture it how Hiromu Arakawa treats it. That and the fight scenes are well done...and the comedy...and the character designs...

EDIT: My college wants me to read this book, and it's some kind of absurdity. It's a fictional story about a white man that rapes Indian women. I personally am white, and these types of stories bug me to no end. They all say "oh, how horrible white people were. Don't forget how horrible you were." I'm not horrible. I had no say in what my ancestors did. Why do I have to be constantly reminded how terrible my predecessors were? And it's not even a true story! It's made up! Does anyone else see this as completely weird?

Last edited:

Buoysel

Trust me, I'm a Professional*
    Years
    Does anyone else see this as completely weird?

Yes I know what you mean; I live in South Eastern New Mexico, where about 70% of the population is Mexican. These people are so racist, and they don't even know me. It really pisses me off. They get upset at all "White people" when one ticks them off. What about when they tick me off, I don't get mad at all the Mexicans, and before someone goes off and says that I'm racist, I am half Mexican and half White, got a problem?

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
    My college wants me to read this book, and it's some kind of absurdity. It's a fictional story about a white man that rapes Indian women. I personally am white, and these types of stories bug me to no end. They all say "oh, how horrible white people were. Don't forget how horrible you were." I'm not horrible. I had no say in what my ancestors did. Why do I have to be constantly reminded how terrible my predecessors were? And it's not even a true story! It's made up! Does anyone else see this as completely weird?

Kind of like Uncle Tom's Cabin that gave a horrendously wrong impression of the southern states?

I wouldn't want to read that either. No one wants to read a rape stor--ummm...-hides Face Down-

Ahem.

Anyway...

Yes I know what you mean; I live in South Eastern New Mexico, where about 70% of the population is Mexican. These people are so racist, and they don't even know me. It really pisses me off. They get upset at all "White people" when one ticks them off. What about when they tick me off, I don't get mad at all the Mexicans, and before someone goes off and says that I'm racist, I am half Mexican and half White, got a problem?

D:

People do that here, too. I dislike and racism, sexism, or any 'ism' that hates a particular group of people. I'm a bit of a flower child...but seriously, where's the love? </3

Gummy

by fire be P U R G E D
    Years
    New Topic time:

At what point in the day (i.e. showering, eating breakfast, sleeping) do most of your ideas come to you?

For me, my ideas come flowing in during my daily afternoon shower. In that short 15 minutes I can play the entire story of my fic in my head over and over against. Funny thing is, out of the shower, I can't stay focused on the thing for more than five minutes unless in complete silence.

Bay

Years
    At what point in the day (i.e. showering, eating breakfast, sleeping) do most of your ideas come to you?

Most of the time either at school (anything goes either from walking to working to waiting to studying...) or when I'm beginning to wake up in the morning. The new version of "Nothing, Everything" I suddenly thought of while waiting for class during summer school last year. For the FCC entry this month, I suddenly thought of the idea after waking up all of a sudden. XD

BeachBoy

S P A R K of madness
    Years

Shower, it's... really odd. o_O That, or seems to click when I'm just about to go to sleep. My ideas seem to pop out at the most random of times. XD

txteclipse

The Last
    Years

Around midnight. It's hilarious. Actually, if you go to the other site I post the Eon Chronicles on, I'm pretty sure most if not all of my chapter posts are around then.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back