• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Fanfiction Lounge

Status
Not open for further replies.

Buoysel

Trust me, I'm a Professional*
Years
It's a Scout reservation, and it's right next to Cimarron. Link! That was the second time I'd been to New Mexico, I love it down there. The first time I went I was visiting Clovis.

I like it down there too, but I like Kansas a lot more, did you visit Cannon AFB, thats all thats really there.

EDIT: Northern New Mexico is beautiful, southern New Mexico is butt ugly.

JX Valentine

Your aquatic overlord
Years
Bored, bored, bored...

First off, hi guys. Sorry about the fact that I'm veering off the current topic, but I'm kinda bored and would like to see if anyone's up for playing along.

That said, would anyone be interested in a writing game? I know we have the FFC, but I was thinking of something that can be played fairly quickly. Specifically, maybe one of the following:

1. A NaNo-esque race, where we all attempt to reach a certain goal by a certain deadline (maybe a week at a time).

2. An Exquisite Corpse revival, maybe with one team so we don't have so many people going, "Uh, WTF happened with my head?" Or if we do, everyone else will only have to smack one person.

3. Something along the lines of Bulbagarden's Line Inspiration... except not quite as obviously stolen.

What do you guys think?

Buoysel

Years
First off, hi guys. Sorry about the fact that I'm veering off the current topic, but I'm kinda bored and would like to see if anyone's up for playing along.

That said, would anyone be interested in a writing game? I know we have the FFC, but I was thinking of something that can be played fairly quickly. Specifically, maybe one of the following:

1. A NaNo-esque race, where we all attempt to reach a certain goal by a certain deadline (maybe a week at a time).

2. An Exquisite Corpse revival, maybe with one team so we don't have so many people going, "Uh, WTF happened with my head?" Or if we do, everyone else will only have to smack one person.

3. Something along the lines of Bulbagarden's Line Inspiration... except not quite as obviously stolen.

What do you guys think?

That sounds fun, I think that this forum can seem dead sometimes. Maybe this will help liven it up.

I'm in.

Buoysel

Years

What do you guys think?

I think it should be in its own thread.

Phoenix_Mew

Trainer of all things adorable
Years
Well, now I'm back. *spins* It's been ages since I've been in here or written anything for Pokemon, but the idea hit me, and I can't say no.

I have begun a new fanfic.

"As the Bard Sings."

As always, constructive criticism is always appreciated.

icomeanon6

It's "I Come Anon"
Years
Well, now I'm back. *spins* It's been ages since I've been in here or written anything for Pokemon, but the idea hit me, and I can't say no.

I have begun a new fanfic.

"As the Bard Sings."

As always, constructive criticism is always appreciated.
For future reference, this is what we have the announcement thread for. This thread is really more for casual talk.

Phoenix_Mew

Trainer of all things adorable
Years
O.o;

o.O;

And THIS, kids, is what happens when you leave a forum for a couple of years and come back expecting most of the protocols to be the same. >.<

*bows politely* My apologies for that.

Sunnybeam

when the sky is bright
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Jun 9, 2011
A writing game sounds fun (-thinks of all the wacky chaos she could wreak-) but...I've got a lot on my mind right now, what with the start of school and all. Two weeks from now I'll probably be on PC every afternoon, though.

I...really don't understand An Exquisite Corpse. -shot- But that Line Inspiration thing looks really fun. Reeeeally fun. -ominous grin that sends her Arcanine muse scurrying-

JX Valentine

Your aquatic overlord
Years
I think it should be in its own thread.

Oh, definitely. I just need to know what kind of thread it'll be.

A writing game sounds fun (-thinks of all the wacky chaos she could wreak-) but...I've got a lot on my mind right now, what with the start of school and all. Two weeks from now I'll probably be on PC every afternoon, though.

No problem or rush. 'S not like we'll be holding you at gunpoint to do it.

I...really don't understand An Exquisite Corpse.

For a game born from surrealists, I think this is a good thing. XD

Anyway, the simple explanation is that you write a page, then send the last line along to someone else. They have no idea what came before it, so then they try to continue the story based on the line they're given. Then, they ship the last line of their part to someone else. This continues until we get to the end of the line, so then, we put all the parts together and see what we've come up with. It should make no sense, but it should be utterly, utterly amusing and full of "WTF where is this going."

I'll probably modify the game so it's just one team and a shorter time limit so that we'll actually get something done. The last few times I tried to get this game set up, the teams disappeared with nothing coming out of it. >_>

Line Inspiration is fun, though, and might be an idea to do if we ever get bored with Exquisite Corpse. As it stands, a lot of you seem to like that idea, so I'll copy, paste, and fix it up soon. Thanks, guys! You're relieving boredom and helping me to procrastinate! =D

txteclipse

The Last
Years
Thanks, guys! You're relieving boredom and helping me to procrastinate! =D

Always glad to help! XD

I'll try to finish my next chapter before then (yeah right), so I don't have a conflict of interest for my creative juices (eww...juices...)

Sunnybeam

when the sky is bright
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Jun 9, 2011
Anyway, the simple explanation is that you write a page, then send the last line along to someone else. They have no idea what came before it, so then they try to continue the story based on the line they're given. Then, they ship the last line of their part to someone else. This continues until we get to the end of the line, so then, we put all the parts together and see what we've come up with. It should make no sense, but it should be utterly, utterly amusing and full of "WTF where is this going."

O_O I'M IN.

Okayyy...funny mental image here...I'm no cartoonist, so I'll see if I can explain it. A bunch of people from the FFL playing (American) football, with a ball labeled "Plot"...suddenly Aqua (my author-self) tackles someone, screams "INTERCEPTION!!" and takes off in the opposite direction with the ball. It's funnier in my head.

Well, you can be sure I'll be doing a fair few "plot interceptions" (xD What plot?) during this game. At any rate, my excitement is scaring the be-Entei out of my Arcanine muse.

txteclipse

The Last
Years
...Too easy, but I'll comment anyway!

That sounds kinda dirty, man. What exactly's happening in this chapter? XD

Oh nooooooooo! You sick, sick person! DX

... *hides next chapter*

Just kidding. Seriously, I don't have any dirtiness in my fics, at least nothing that dirty. I meant brain juice.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back