• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Fanfiction Lounge

Status
Not open for further replies.

txteclipse

The Last
Years
  • What is your view on the average Pokemon Trainer's bottomless pit of a bag which can hold infinite items?

There's obviously a wormhole inside that leads to a parallel, empty universe of infinite size.

And pokeballs store pokemon as energy, so I'm assuming there's some kind of ridiculous holographic storage system inside.

Years
  • Euro rocks, but other than that, EU is there for the sole reason of the French, Germans and British taking control over Europe.

We're taking over Europe? How did you know? =O

What is your view on the average Pokemon Trainer's bottomless pit of a bag which can hold infinite items?
    I think the average trainer bag only works in the games, otherwise it doesn't really make sense. Especially if you're attempting to make your fic more 'real,' you could have anything in the bag and the trainer could be saved from virtually any situation.

An-chan

Whoops.
    Years
  • What is your view on the average Pokemon Trainer's bottomless pit of a bag which can hold infinite items?

There's obviously a wormhole inside that leads to a parallel, empty universe of infinite size.

One of which, obviously, Palkia is in charge of. So, somehow the heads of the bag industry have managed to get Palkia to their side. I wonder how they bribed the Pokémon into it? And how does it get its pay? I mean, do they pay him in poffins or something..?

We're taking over Europe? How did you know? =O

It was a secret? You might want to keep a tad more subtle about it... But you know, it's not you guys I'm worried about, it's the French xD

I think the average trainer bag only works in the games, otherwise it doesn't really make sense. Especially if you're attempting to make your fic more 'real,' you could have anything in the bag and the trainer could be saved from virtually any situation.

"Oh no! They're catching on us! Luckily, I hid my motorcycle in my bag. Wait a sec while I get it out..."

Buoysel

Trust me, I'm a Professional*
    Years
  • "Oh no! They're catching on us! Luckily, I hid my motorcycle in my bag. Wait a sec while I get it out..."

I has an idea!!

Put your house in your bag, carry it across the country side. And when you finally get tired unpack it: just make sure you mom is inside so that you can have hot meals every night.

What is your view on the average Pokemon Trainer's bottomless pit of a bag which can hold infinite items?

Thats only in the game world. You see here in real world we have limits to how much weight a 10 year old can carry while traveling across the wold.

TurtleKing

Turtles > You
    Years
    • Seen Dec 12, 2016
    There's actually one fic I read that had the items like Bike be put in a nice little box. You take out the box from the bag and then when you open it- viola! There's the bike! XD I thought that was a neat idea, actually.

Well, pretty much for the bags in NE they're just normal bags...although Jacob's bag might be heavy with the plates he's carrying. ._.

'kay guys, sorry to ask this, but I got a question...what makes a good evil team? You see, I'm planning out an OT fic that I might write during my spare time, but so far the teams I've considered are cliche. >.> One team I thought I could make it sort of a terrorist group of sorts, but I'm afraid it might end up the same like one of the teams in this one fic I'm reading at another forum.

Ha! In my fic, the bikes actually minimize!

Ninja Caterpie

AAAAAAAAAAAAA
    Years
    Not a lot! There aren't any bottomless pits. :O Even in the game. There's a limit, even if that "limit" is equivalent to the weight of a cow. Anyway, Trainer's only carry what they need. A TM Case(normally with 1 TM - total weigt being about 100g), their Pokedex, their foldable aluminium bike (only 1.14159285kg!), some Potions and food and other stuff. I can imagine it to total my schoolbag's weight on a day with both PE and Maths/Geo.

Anyway, bobandbill, don't kick our state government! If you kick them, they'll resign like Iemma did and the next dudes'll be ruthless and bring back pay for student travel!

bobandbill

one more time
    Years
  • Not a lot! There aren't any bottomless pits. :O Even in the game. There's a limit, even if that "limit" is equivalent to the weight of a cow. Anyway, Trainer's only carry what they need. A TM Case(normally with 1 TM - total weigt being about 100g), their Pokedex, their foldable aluminium bike (only 1.14159285kg!), some Potions and food and other stuff. I can imagine it to total my schoolbag's weight on a day with both PE and Maths/Geo.
    Not in DP though actually; now the trainer bags DO hold all the items you can use in the game. >_< No PC item storage anymore - the bag holds all!
    Anyway, bobandbill, don't kick our state government! If you kick them, they'll resign like Iemma did and the next dudes'll be ruthless and bring back pay for student travel!
    They resigned regardless of being kicked or not, so I want Xanthine to kick them anyway. Serves them right. -_-

Buoysel

Years
  • Not in DP though actually; now the trainer bags DO hold all the items you can use in the game. >_< No PC item storage anymore - the bag holds all!
    They resigned regardless of being kicked or not, so I want Xanthine to kick them anyway. Serves them right. -_-

What if she beat them over the head with an animal that could only be described as a half fish, half kitten?

Oh and when she is done, then she can beat all of the Kansas legislators. >:{ (bastards)

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years

First things first.

-rofls at "bottomless pit of a bag"-

Anyway, I think there has to be a limit in there. I mean, my bag looks like a bottomless(:O) pit of a bag, but of course it's not one. Shove four apples in there and it's full. I'd imagine some trainers just have a freaking fridge on their backs the way they pull food out.

Bottomless diaper bags. Lawlerz.

Ninja Caterpie

AAAAAAAAAAAAA
    Years
  • I just thought of another possible meaning of "bottomless" - having no bottom. That'd explain everything - all people are psychic! They put stuff in the bag which drops out the bottomless area and they summon it with psychic skills later on! :P

Years
  • You might like to know I have been utterly bored for the best part of this week. Does anyone have any suggestions of a good Fic to read?
    Something with a good bit of content would be nice, thanks in advance.

@ POB never read the manga sounds... different.

JX Valentine

Your aquatic overlord
    Years
  • I love you too, An-chan. Let's go make babies.

Out of clay.

I'm personally amused by any concept of hammerspace. Personally, I think that if you had a magical bottomless bag, you'd also have the magical ability to summon whatever item you need out of it. As in, no digging because you'd reach in and just happen to grab what you want. Also, if hammerspace is the correct concept, then that means your bag also defies gravity. Which makes hammerspace a bit more amusing because it means characters can easily summon giant hammers and fans without a problem. Oh, the old days of anime.

Of course, if you're actually writing a story that's supposed to be taken seriously, you'll want to go with the "I can only carry so much" idea for obvious reasons.

Does anyone have any suggestions of a good Fic to read?

Mine. *is shot repeatedly*

Seriously, though, I'd recommend anything labeled Fanfiction of the Month. Also, DGExe's if you want something less thread necromancy-like.

Mira

restless spirit
    Years
  • You might like to know I have been utterly bored for the best part of this week. Does anyone have any suggestions of a good Fic to read?
    Something with a good bit of content would be nice, thanks in advance.
    Same here. I can't seem to just pick a thread and read it because I'm not sure if it's any good or if it's just the same old canned beans :P

Last edited:

An-chan

Whoops.
    Years
  • I love you too, An-chan. Let's go make babies.

*starts a victory dance*

Out of clay.

*shoulders drop* Oh... okay then...

I haven't slept very well in two days, because I've been up late and had to wake up early. Thus, I'm feeling... lively, so to say.

Does anyone have any suggestions of a good Fic to read?

Yeah, just as Xanthine said, anything labeled Fanfiction of the Month or anything she wrote. I could also suggest mine, but that's only because I know it doesn't suck and I want to get people to read it. Oh, and also, a good guess often is that if a fic has already reached the second page of the thread, it can't be all that bad because the worst ones are often discontinued, closed or killed. I don't, of course, have any proof for this theory, but it has worked for me. Oh, and I don't mean short ones are always bad, no! Maybe I should just shut up and let people more experienced than me do the talking...? ^-^'

And now, because I'm feeling so strange already, I'm going to hit you with a pair of oddest questions I've come up with this far.

1. If you had to kill your favourite character in a fic, what kind of death would it be?

2. If you had to write a Pokémon self-insert into your fic, what Pokémon would you be?

Ta-dah!

*goes off to continue cleaning her room and tries to tapdance while doing so*

JX Valentine

Your aquatic overlord
    Years
  • Oh, and also, a good guess often is that if a fic has already reached the second page of the thread, it can't be all that bad because the worst ones are often discontinued, closed or killed.

I'd take a look at how many reviews the thing got on top of this. There's a number of fics out there that are incredibly crappy but reached two or more pages simply because the author updates like crazy.

1. If you had to kill your favourite character in a fic, what kind of death would it be?

Hilariously enough, no matter what I try to do to Bill, he still somehow survives. I don't think anything short of setting him on fire (a la Twilight vampire) would probably kill him. (Come to think of it, maybe that's why he doesn't like going outside -- because he sparkles in the sunlight.)

Seriously, if my sense of sadism just didn't keep reviving him, he'd probably be mauled by wild Pokémon someday.

2. If you had to write a Pokémon self-insert into your fic, what Pokémon would you be?

Probably a Meowth or a Persian. Seriously. Does any other Pokémon fit me?

Mira

restless spirit
    Years
  • 1. If you had to kill your favourite character in a fic, what kind of death would it be?

If I were to kill my favorite character in a fic... I would probably have her (yes, her :P) death be swift. I don't want it to be overly dramatic and I don't want to get into detail of the pain overwhelming her broken bleeding body as the last of her life slowly ebbed away *shudders*

I would probably do a long-lived Ninetails or a Dark/Physic type Pokemon so I can have some fun with his/her thought process ;)

Years
  • Thanks for the suggestions all. =)

Let's try to answer some questions.

I've only wrote two chapters of one Fic, but if I had to kill Air I would probably have her mauled by angry Wigglytuff or something. She would like an interesting death.
    I would probably write myself as a Noctowl, considering myself wise (others may disagree).

Buoysel

Years
  • Does anyone have any suggestions of a good Fic to read?

Find threads that are considered hot topics...

My favorite, um, Heroically trying to save their Pokemon from another Pokemon.

Despite what my (oblivious) favorite is, I would write my self in as a Mightyena, or an Arcanine.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back