• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Fanfiction Lounge

Status
Not open for further replies.

Feign

Clain
Years
    • Seen Jan 25, 2023
    I think Au-chan disappeared just as I started coming here XD

Though I did post twice in her Serial Game thread, trying to turn it around. XD

Dagzar

The Dreamer
    Years
  • What is the longest chapter you've written? (Unit of measure is MS Word Pages)
    Chapter 17 of Mentor, finishing at fifteen pages.

What font do you use with what size?
    Times New Roman, size 12.

Miz en Scène

Everybody's connected
    Years
  • And now to answer my own questions as I always do (after everyone else has).

What is the longest chapter you've written? (Unit of measure is MS Word Pages)
    Chapter 3 of The Chronicles of Neo Groudon. 13 MS word pages.

Tahoma, size 10.

Dragonfree

Teh Spwriter. :3
    Years
  • I threw out The Quest for the Legends version UMR when it was 211 pages, though that was all written single-spaced, so if I went and double-spaced all of it to get a better comparison, it would probably be more towards 300 pages. The ILCOE Word document is now 531 pages, although a bit of that is notes at the bottom and the beginning of the IALCOTN that I put in at the start of it.

What do you do when/if you get writer's block. How would you generate new ideas?
    I've only actually gotten that type of writer's block (usually I get the type where I know what's going to happen next but just can't seem to write it properly) a few times, with those relatively few attempts at chaptered fiction I've made outside of The Quest for the Legends and Morphic. As for what I did, I just stopped writing those fics and filed them away under "possibly rewrite later if I think of something". The thing about The Quest for the Legends and Morphic is that while there have been times where I wasn't sure what would happen next, that was always in the future of the story, and then I would get an idea before I actually wrote up to that point. I usually get ideas in the shower, on the bus, waiting for the bus, or generally any time when my brain is otherwise unoccupied; in such times I generally automatically start thinking about my fics, replaying scenes in my head, fine-tuning lines in the future, and sometimes put facts together in such a way as to think of a new plot development.

What is the longest chapter you've written? (Unit of measure is MS Word Pages)
    Depends on how you define a "chapter". The longest thing I've posted in one piece was part six of The Fall of a Leader - 40 pages or around 20,000 words - but that was split up into thirteen "chapters" that were just too short and numerous to be posted one by one. If that doesn't count, it's the twenty-seven-page chapter 37 of The Quest for the Legends. The monstrosity that was originally supposed to be chapter 46 ended up as chapters 46, 47 and 48, but would have been forty-nine pages if I'd stuck with the original plan.

Times New Roman, size 12.

Citrinin

Nephrotoxic.
    Years
  • What is the longest chapter you've written? (Unit of measure is MS Word Pages)
    Chapter 7 of He who is Merely a Rumour: six and a half pages. The shortest was about five pages. XD; My chapters are all roughly the same length, and quite short. :P

Calibri, Size 11.

Misheard Whisper

[b][color=#FF0000]I[/color] [color=#FF7F00]also[/c
    Years
  • Really? My chapters are about five pages each - either Calibri's huge, or you have tons of dialogue. Really, guys, one post all day? I was looking forward to this! =( Owell.

Lash

Years
    14 pages, Chapter 4 to my story. That's why I divided it into a two parter, though. No need for a filler chapter to be that long. In my opinion, anyways.

Times New Roman, 11.
    I don't bother to change the font at all xD

Citrinin

Nephrotoxic.
    Years
  • @Sparkles: Calibri is slightly bigger than arial, but it's mainly because my fic does have quite a bit of dialogue. :P

. R e ð e m p † i o n

•You got a piece of meh!•
    Years

A general count of 16 pages of a fanfic I did on another forum, it's obviously divided into two parts.

Times New Roman 12 with chaptered fics and Tahoma 12 with oneshots.

Misheard Whisper

Years
  • Well, if we're counting oneshots, Torn was 19 pages exactly, in size 11 Arial. I had to split it in two in order to post it as it passed the character limit of 50,000. As a matter of fact, it's exactly 50,973 characters, minus the self-notes at the end of the document, and plus the author's notes at the start of the post.

Feign

Clain
    Years
    • Seen Jan 25, 2023
    I want to write a long one for my next chapter (which I haven't been able to start yet). Perhaps I will be able to, tomorrow. And I'll be starting it on a happy note, in the past. XD Regardless of the previous chapter's ending.

Dagzar

The Dreamer
    Years
  • I've been wondering, but what's all this about the character limit? I've seen people post around that they've split their chapters into two parts because they've gone over the character limit, but my chapters always go over the character limit and all I have to do is click 'Submit Reply' for a second time for it to go through.

Is there something I'm missing here? :pink_confused:

Misheard Whisper

Years
  • I've never been able to send it through just by clicking again. o_O Oh, and Dagzar, your banner died. I see the little white box with the red 'x'.

Dagzar

The Dreamer
    Years
  • I've never been able to send it through just by clicking again. o_O Oh, and Dagzar, your banner died. I see the little white box with the red 'x'.

That's weird, I've always been able to get my chapters through. And yeah, my banner always dies on me. I have no clue why, though it usually comes back in a few hours. <_<

Miz en Scène

Everybody's connected
    Years
  • Sparkling Dragon said:
    I've never been able to send it through just by clicking again. o_O Oh, and Dagzar, your banner died. I see the little white box with the red 'x'.
    Dagzar, you have a banner? I've only ever seen words and no pictures in your sig. Maybe it's just my computer...

Dagzar

The Dreamer
    Years
  • Dagzar, you have a banner? I've only ever seen words and no pictures in your sig. Maybe it's just my computer...
    I've had my banner for months now. So, yeah, It's probably your computer. Can you see other people's banners?

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back