• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Fast Food

Years
  • I'm not super into it and very rarely go to fast food places.. maybe two or three times a year or so. But I absolutely adore hot pockets so I suppose that counts. :( Though luckily they're fairly expensive so my stinginess counters that somewhat lmao.

Mystify

confused
    Years
    • Seen Jan 10, 2020
    I avoid fast food at all costs because I like to have some idea of what I'm putting into my body. I used to order vegetarian pizzas from Domino's but now I just buy frozen spinach pizzas sometimes from Trader Joe's. I try not to make that a habit so I don't do it often.

Years
    • Seen May 9, 2024
    I'm indifferent to fast food. It's fast, its convenient, and inexpensive if you don't go there too often and know how to stretch a buck. There are some fast food chains that I'm not a fan of (McDonalds, Wendy's) and ones that I'm a huge fan of (Subway, Saladworks, Taco Bell).

Shhmew

Years
  • Wow, so much hate! (not that I blame you all, haha)

People give soooooo much criticism to fast food, especially McDonalds... anyone will tell you it's bad, but what does that really mean? I've no clue to be honest. People act like ordering a burger with a side of fries is ordering a heart attack with a side of diabetes. The calories and fat isn't that bad from what I've researched. But then again, I've heard there's a bunch of hidden stuff that isn't on the nutrition facts, like chemicals and whatnot. So I have absolutely no idea. Also, is McDonalds really any worse than the other fast food places? (namely ones that serve the same sort of stuff like Burger King, Jack in the Box, or even places like A&W, Carls Jr., etc?) I wish I had concise answers to stuff like that.

Anyway, I do love fast food. I hate that I love it, but I do. As much as I do, I definitely wish to stop ASAP. So, I guess as soon as I get a job/move out and have the money/kitchen space for "real" food. (as much as I love fast food, I can safely say I'd be VERY happy to get away from it. nothing beats a homecooked meal anyways.)

It's unfortunate that when I have a dollar to spend on food, it's a choice between a small bread roll from the store or a juicy, delicious, and apparently chemical-ridden chicken sandwich. ;-;

I just try to relax and enjoy it though. My favorite places would have to be... In n Out (pretty sure that's exclusive to my area: west coast of the US), Jack in the Box, Subway, Taco Bell (almost purely because it's sooo cheap), hmm Chick fil a is amazing (though last time I went they gave me a cold sandwich. and the bread was stale. booo), and SONIC. I mainly love Sonic because of the atmosphere though, I love the drive thru feel and the workers on roller skates. They always look so happy. Food isn't bad either of course~

So in short I love it but only because it's cheap and tasty. I'm not too concerned about the health risks for now but I'd like to get away from it eventually. Even if it's not that bad it can't be too great for my arteries lol.

I usually love anything with chicken (except chicken nuggets, those are gross). Most places offer pretty decent chicken sandwiches, or chicken tenders. (I don't like KFC very much though, it's always drenched in grease when I go and kind of unappetizing)

And I'm a sucker for a nice salty french fry as well. <3

I also like to order Iced Tea over soda, even though it's probably not any better for you, it still makes me feel better about myself ;___;

Firox

eepz, come help pwease!
    Years
  • My favorite of the fast food places are mostly for hamburgers - Wendy's, Arby's, and Burger King - I mainly go about once or twice a month especially when I'm craving a specific burger (Angry Whopper, Baconator, or Cheddar Roast Beef) - almost all the time I have to get another smaller cheaper burger since my grandma loves the fries, I just give them to her - or when a family member invites me, I don't mind going then - most of the time I just go through the drive-tru. For full meal outside my home I'd rather go to Japanese or Korean restaurants.

Kura

twitter.com/puccarts
    Years
  • I'm not really a fan of fast food, it's utter filth.

This.. and I think it's actually expensive. I haven't been to a mcdonalds in 2 years. I do miss a Wendy's Frosty but I haven't had one in about a year and a half. I don't have a favourite though :/ Probably.. this one place called Wasabi where I'll pick up a rice ball if I'm hungry and at a train station? They're kinda plain though. I dunno.. I don't ever get takeaway anymore so I can't say.

Morkula

[b][color=#356F93]Get in the Game[/color][/b]
    Years
  • I'm trying to cut back on my fast food intake - I can't cut it out entirely because there are some times like Thursday nights when I work all evening and don't leave until 9 or so, and because it's so late and I haven't eaten since lunch I'll usually just wind up grabbing something on the way home. So I've started trying to limit myself to about twice a week. Usually I wind up going somewhere like Cookout or Wendy's when I do get fast food though.

I'm more of a fan of the fast casual type places like Chipotle and Panera, and at least they're a bit healthier than just grabbing a burger from somewhere.

Demon Days

Element of Magic
    Years
  • I get my parents to avoid fast food nowadays. Used to like it, but now I can barely stand it. They also think that something's healthy just because it's got salads. Guh...

Luc-R-io

Unhatched Riolu Egg
    Years
    • Seen May 1, 2015
    I don't eat fast food. I try to avoid it as much as possible because when I was about eight or nine, my family was too busy and poor to get real food or cook it. And I literally ate Taco Bell every. Single. Day. For several months. I hated it so much.
    So nowadays I always refuse fast food.

Apollo

怖がらないで
    Years
    • Seen Jul 22, 2017
    In our country, when you take someone out for fast food, it's almost equivalent to a some date in a classy sorta restaurant since fast food is that expensive here. as a result, I only go to fast foods a few times. So I like fast foods, because they're different from the home-cooked meals every Filipino family makes. :)

Hannah

beep bop boop
    Years
    • Age 23
    • Seen Nov 16, 2021
    I love fast food 'cause McDonald's was my first love. Despite all the disgusting photos I've seen on Facebook and 9GAG about their food, I don't care because I find it delicious. Especially their fries omg their fries.

Years
  • Nowadays, I generally try my best to avoid fast food, unless it's given to me. I usually only eat fast food maybe once every 3-4 months and even then I try to limit my portions. Back when I was younger though, I ate fast food pretty often, but that was because my parents took me to fast food restaurants often because they wanted some.

Back